Woow.. we are still in the early stages of 10.2.1 which is just 3 days old baby and now we get to hear about 10.3!! waiting with bated breath!
    I would plan on waiting until 2015.
    01-30-14 10:11 AM
    Honestly, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not getting my hopes high with BlackBerry's reputation.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    Rello and kevinnugent like this.
    01-30-14 10:14 AM
    I would plan on waiting until 2015.
    Rumours are 10.3 to launch in Sept/Oct - similar to 10.2 timing.
    01-30-14 11:03 AM
    The timing jives with what another poster said in a different thread about Blackberry re-branding BB10 into something else (maybe QNX?). Assuming 10.3 is a significant release then it would be a good time to rename it and aggressively market it for the crucial fall/back to school/holiday season.

With the above said, BB needs to ensure they continue adding back old legacy features that went missing in the initial BB10 release.
    01-30-14 12:45 PM
    It will probably launch with the next new device built by BlackBerry with some marketing and fan fair.

No point launching the next device with 10.2.2, the z30 had a quiet launch, hoping the next one has something to shout about and maybe 10.3 will be significant enough to give marketing some ammo.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 04:10 PM
    It's always the NEXT update with BlackBerry, isn't it? The NEXT one will be THE ONE.

Oh well. I'm not going anywhere. 10.2.1.1925 is great, and 10.3 will I'm sure be even better.

I'm already bracing myself for all the impatient comments asking when to expect a 10.3 leak, and the tantrums of those with an STL100-1, cursing BlackBerry's name.
    AINT TIHS THE TRUTH! i always tell ppl, this update is gonna be the one.. every update!
    01-30-14 05:31 PM
    Thing is, yeah 10.2.1 came out officially this week, but leakers put it up a while ago now and I've been playing around with it for a while now. Don't get me wrong I love it, but I miss the time when we got a leak every week or two!
    01-30-14 05:44 PM
    Makes sense about rebranding. Imagine sitting at home and seeing a FLASHY, CRAZY commercial ending with, the QNX PHONE IS HERE!

People are gonna be like huuh? where did this phone come from. It looks so cool. I want it... etc
    01-30-14 05:47 PM
    10.0 on Z10 was too early for prime time, they couldn't hold out longer to release the 10, so they released a device with an in complete OS however the hardware and OS will be maturing beautifully as it has over the last year. And I am sure there are many "secrets" yet to be unlocked via future updates.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 07:06 PM
    Not rumor.
    BlackBerry's announced timeline. Hopefully there's no delays.
    01-30-14 07:28 PM
    nice to hear that
    01-30-14 08:05 PM
    Well...now we know that we are getting another major update.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:07 PM
    Here's a few changes I hope will make it into the next update:

1. The Work-Personal separation is an obstacle for screen captures. I can be taking a screenshot of SMS msgs and it goes into the Work Space. I can't attach it to a text or personal email. So, the workaround is to email it from my business email to my personal email and then attach it to a text! This is something that obviously can be done with work documents and files to circumvent the separation in the device. Perhaps BlackBerry should offer administrators the option to remove the segregation of work and personal spaces.

2. The camera remains problematic, particularly in dimmer environments, and it is not as "forgiving" as other camera phones when it comes to stability/blurriness.

3. We need the "You were bcc'd" warning restored to the top of emails. We currently get the "You were cc'd" notice, but the more critical bcc is still absent -- and that's the one that's needed to avoid accidental/embarrassing "reply to alls."

4. Voice Control button is still shared with the "Period" button. Too small for those of us with above-average hands/fingers sizes! Also, rather than silence, a beep to acknowledge voice activation would be helpful.

5. Option to permit Z10 users to type in the Contact name into the Phone's dial pad field as the Q10 allows. I know it's a different interface, but a toggle button may help.
    h20work, saxxman and Cappyshirt like this.
    01-30-14 08:22 PM
    Nothing like drumming up hope, especially if it is well-executed. Really want them to hit it out of the park and get some spark back into things.

Unfortunately with Michael Clewley and Alec Saunder's track-record of announcing things that never came to pass, I will have a hard time working up my excitement levels until I hear from a more credible source.

...we sure won't see 10.3 for a long time in the USA. We don't even have 10.2.1 yet.

Tell that to all the Verizon customers who downloaded it last week.

I believe T-Mobile USA customers are getting it this week.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 01-30-14 at 09:03 PM.
    01-30-14 08:51 PM
    Nothing like drumming up hope, especially if it is well-executed. Really want them to hit it out of the park and get some spark back into things.
    You and me both! Well.......and many more.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-30-14 08:53 PM
    Start the leaks. I see there are people on the forums running 10.3 leaks. Share the wealth!!!
    01-30-14 09:04 PM
    If that's the timing, I'd hope to see a massive update worthy of being bb11 (or whatever they decide to call it). October will be 3 months shy of 2 years since release.
    01-30-14 09:26 PM
    Not rumor.
    BlackBerry's announced timeline. Hopefully there's no delays.
    when and/or where was this? and link if possible...

i'm interested to see it...
    01-30-14 09:28 PM
    when and/or where was this? and link if possible...

i'm interested to see it...
    Me too.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:30 PM
    There is nothing really worthwhile in this linked article with Mike from the op regarding 10.3!! Arrgh

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    01-30-14 10:01 PM
    Mentioned here
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-3-ios-...-looks-useful/

I'm looking for the timeline I saw the other day.
    Maybe I'm mistaken.
    01-30-14 10:47 PM
    Mentioned here
    BlackBerry 10.3 iOS-like Control Center Menu Concept Looks Useful - N4BB

Maybe I'm mistaken.
    Seems to be an awful lot of n4bb posts showing up lately, wonder what that's about

Maybe we need to revisit "the resilient empire" article again. Top notch journalism there
    01-30-14 11:08 PM
    If there was no news of another update, people would complain about it.
    And, knowing there will be another update, people still complain. i.e. "it's always the next one"....... What up wit dat, huh?

And, BlackBerry is making guns,now? ( wonder if it'll come with a phone app and a silencer.....)

Found a sneak peak of their stereo unit

Holsters Sold Separately
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 01-31-14 at 01:03 AM.
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-30-14 11:24 PM
    Maybe I'm mistaken.

Following are the official roadmaps that I am aware-of.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have changed for months now, with one single line-item exception that I can see:

Release road map - BlackBerry Native
    Release road map - HTML5/WebWorks for BB10 - BlackBerry Developer
    Release roadmap - BlackBerry SDK for Adobe AIR - BlackBerry Developer
    Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    stabstabdie likes this.
    01-31-14 12:24 AM
    I really hope they make the UI more "flashy". Compared to Android/WP/iOS7 the UI looks outdated. To get to new markets, the OS needs to look more vibrant and provide greater flexibility to have data presented in "permanent" active frames. Similar to WP, where you can arrange tiles which show content w/o the need to open the app.

Colour schemas need to be brighter and more modern with more colours. Also more animations when doing page flips, etc. I know this is useless junk for business users, but if BB want to keep shipping handsets they better create a hybrid OS UI that appeals to consumers as well as business users.
    01-31-14 03:45 AM
94 1234