well I meant official release but yes :P
    oh gotcha... then i'm sure you'll be 100% on point, no give or take needed heheh...

If 10.3 is coming out in sept-oct. It's end for BlackBerry. It has to come out pretty soon.

10.2.2 won't make big sense.

For new device, 10.3.1 could be the new update.

It's just March. 10.3.0.140 was build on 9th February. So they can't be developing it for more than 6 months.

If its seriously that. I'm totally disappointed.

Look at results. Hardly any BlackBerry 10 devices. If they don't come out with update, it is going to be very very bad.

(C00387D95) - Happenings in India H.I.I
    This is one of the negatives of leaks & people getting them early.. folks start to judge when it "should" be out, and if it's not they are seen as dragging feet, etc, etc... when we really have no idea how long Apple works on their OS' because they keep everything under wraps, at least much better than BB from what I've seen...

This can cause an insecure company to feel like they're being rushed by perception, leading to a premature/incomplete release... and BB is not necessarily in the most secure position...

but to directly address what you said, why "must" it come sooner than that? is something broken about 10.2.1? it's not as if we have mass glitches or reboots like with 10.0 and 10.1 for some... 10.2.1 is a complete OS (as is 10.2 if your carrier never updated), objectively on par with the other majors, and imo better in many ways... they have come out with 3 major updates in 15 months, far more than apple or android, and they're still in this position so that is obviously not the only factor to their success..

what they "need" is to start changing perception... they just need to advertise, and no matter what they actually say, the first thing it will do is tell people that BB is still kicking.. 10.3 won't magically fix everything, and it won't even help anything if people don't know what it can do and what new device it's doing it on...

plus you're likely still going to get another semi-major update in 10.2.2 but you're completely ignoring and writing that one off now that 10.3 has been dangled in front of us... but i assume u bought you're device based on what it can currently do? or at least should have... so try to enjoy what u wanted and look forward to .2.2
    Last edited by NinjaB; 03-28-14 at 04:00 PM. Reason: correction
    jpvj and failedhumanexistence like this.
    03-28-14 03:36 PM
    oh gotcha... then i'm sure you'll be 100% on point, no give or take needed heheh...

This is one of the negatives of leaks & people getting them early.. folks start to judge when it "should" be out, and if it's not they are seen as dragging feet, etc, etc... when we really have no idea how long Apple works on their OS' because they keep everything under wraps, at least much better than BB from what I've seen...

This can cause an insecure company to feel like they're being rushed by perception, leading to a premature/incomplete release... and BB is not necessarily in the most secure position...

but to directly address what you said, why "must" it come sooner than that? is something broken about 10.2.1? it's not as if we have mass glitches or reboots like with 10.0 and 10.1 for some... 10.2.1 is a complete OS (as is 10.2 if your carrier never updated), objectively on par with the other majors, and imo better in many ways... they have come out with 3 major updates in 15 months, far more than apple or android, and they're still in this position so that is obviously not the only factor to their success..

what they "need" is to start changing perception... they just need to advertise, and no matter what they actually say, the first thing it will do is tell people that BB is still kicking.. 10.3 won't magically fix everything, and it won't even help anything if people don't know what it can do and what new device it's doing it on...

plus you're likely still going to get another semi-major update in 10.2.2 but you're completely ignoring and writing that one off now that 10.3 has been dangled in front of us... but i assume u bought you're device based on what it can currently do? or at least should have... so try to enjoy what u wanted and look forward to .2.2
    bingooo bud
    03-28-14 05:00 PM
    Perhaps people don't want to see the market trends and who is going great. If you want to beat the competition and move ahead, things are needed quickly.

FYI I have not used 10.3.

And have been a BlackBerry fan from a long time.

Please understand 10.2.1 isn't perfect and integrated.

Look at camera.
    Look at runtime
    Integration btw native and ports
    Music app without equaliser
    .... counting.

That does not mean it is bad. Think from a android or ios users point of view. He will be paying almost as same price for this.

We are all here for good of BlackBerry. So chill, don't take it personally.

03-28-14 11:18 PM
    Perhaps people don't want to see the market trends and who is going great. If you want to beat the competition and move ahead, things are needed quickly.

FYI I have not used 10.3.

And have been a BlackBerry fan from a long time.

Please understand 10.2.1 isn't perfect and integrated.

Look at camera.
    Look at runtime
    Integration btw native and ports
    Music app without equaliser
    .... counting.

That does not mean it is bad. Think from a android or ios users point of view. He will be paying almost as same price for this.

We are all here for good of BlackBerry. So chill, don't take it personally.

You are right but I was just saying the reality of it coming out. Blackberry is still playing catch up and they will for sometime yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:06 AM
    There is 10.2.1.2947 leaked now something to do before 10.3.http://blackberryappgenerator.com/mi...21_515486&wl=9

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 03-29-14 at 02:11 PM.
    03-29-14 01:17 PM
    @.@ so much read.

Here is my 2 cents.

1) Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Chan said that Q20 won't come out until Q4 of this year. Meaning that it probably won't launch with 10.2.2

2) 10.3 will most likely be released with next flag ship device. Which I assume is going to be September or October. In between the iPhone 6 and the next Nexus.

3) I don't think there will be an MR release. I think that carriers will just skip it, knowing that 10.2.2 will come out right after.

4) the release date for 10.2.2 is a tricky one. Possibly when the z3 is release to stir up reviews or soon after. It's possible when the Z3 is release BlackBerry will tease us something cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:09 PM
    @.@ so much read.

Here is my 2 cents.

1) Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Chan said that Q20 won't come out until Q4 of this year. Meaning that it probably won't launch with 10.2.2

2) 10.3 will most likely be released with next flag ship device. Which I assume is going to be September or October. In between the iPhone 6 and the next Nexus.

3) I don't think there will be an MR release. I think that carriers will just skip it, knowing that 10.2.2 will come out right after.

4) the release date for 10.2.2 is a tricky one. Possibly when the z3 is release to stir up reviews or soon after. It's possible when the Z3 is release BlackBerry will tease us something cool.

Posted via CB10
    They release a new OS with every phone but the Q5. Nothing is ready but the 10.2.1 MR for the Z3 release so it is only logical it will come out with 10.2.1MR

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:15 PM
    I guess AT&T will Release 10.3 and skip 10.2 altogether :-( I'm not leaking!!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    03-29-14 07:32 PM
    My best guess would be fall 2014.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:38 PM
    My best guess would be fall 2014.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds about right. Wish it was sooner but...

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-29-14 07:43 PM
    You are right but I was just saying the reality of it coming out. Blackberry is still playing catch up and they will for sometime yet.
    They have drastically cut R&D, and it was nowhere near what Google, Samsung, Apple and Microsoft spent... following is about all they are capable of.

There us no doubt that BB10 is a powerful OS with a lot of potential. But if you don't hurry up and realize that potential, you may never get the chance.

BlackBerry needs a more polished, stable and features rich OS TODAY. And with it they need an "official" way to access the Apps people want. Then they are going to have to spend a Lot of their cash reserves on marketing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:16 PM
    Developing and updating software isn't immediate value-adding to BlackBerry in terms of sales and revenue!

That's why their focus is definitely shifting to other things!

Nevertheless they are pushing quite a lot of updates, so they're quite productive even with a little team compared to other brands!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    03-30-14 03:21 AM
    As I said, I think BlackBerry needs to be thinking outside of the box. At this stage of the game they need to be better then what what their competitors are.

I think updates and improvements in OS10 are going to be critical to BlackBerry's success now and into the future. And this needs to be done in a timely manner and better then what's been done in the past.

Forget how things were done in the past, the past is why we are in the current position we are in. I know it might be far fetched, but boy it would be nice to have either 10.2.2.2 or 10.3 ready when they release the z3.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    03-30-14 04:09 AM
    As I said, I think BlackBerry needs to be thinking outside of the box. At this stage of the game they need to be better then what what their competitors are.

I think updates and improvements in OS10 are going to be critical to BlackBerry's success now and into the future. And this needs to be done in a timely manner and better then what's been done in the past.

Forget how things were done in the past, the past is why we are in the current position we are in. I know it might be far fetched, but boy it would be nice to have either 10.2.2.2 or 10.3 ready when they release the z3.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    Everyone would like that but on planet earth that won't happen.

Weeks away from z3 release and 10.2.2 is on 10.2.2.433 and 10.3 is on10.3.0.200 .

Unless they have some magical beans in their pockets, that won't happen. Who knows Chen could fake us out

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:11 AM
    He's said it's launching with 10.2.1 so there's no rush

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:12 AM
    Given their usual cycle, my guess is July-September.

Posted via CB10
    WAIT. They have cycles? Wow, I learn new things every day. From what I can remember, all their releases of software, hardware, and promises were a dizzying mess of random dates and missed ones.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:16 AM
    WAIT. They have cycles? Wow, I learn new things every day. From what I can remember, all their releases of software, hardware, and promises were a dizzying mess of random dates and missed ones.

Posted via CB10
    Z10 (10.0) launch = Feb 2013
    10.1 launch = May 2013
    10.2 launch = September-October 2013
    10.2.1 launch = January-February 2014

So around 3-4 months between major software releases, so long as you don't live in America.

Posted via CB10
    NinjaB likes this.
    03-30-14 10:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    he meant that we got an update and device every 3 months last year.

so 3 month cycle.

10.2.1 Jan/Feb and 10.2.1 MR (10.2.1.29xx which I can 75% guarantee the Z3 will come out with) April/May it's looking at so far for global release except the US of course (who knows though, the tech bloggers/analysts are loving the underdog story is seems).

With 10.2.2 builds getting traction from 10.2.2.2xx to 10.2.2.400 in a month I can see it being out june/july which will be be the 3 month cycle like thurask was referring to.

Although I was surprised on how functional 10.3.0.140 was despite the mix and match UI. New CEO could mean a whole different build number process, I have no idea.

So, I'm basing my views on the past year of releases/spottings just like Thurask is saying with the "cycles"
    Last edited by khehl; 03-30-14 at 11:06 AM.
    03-30-14 10:55 AM

Yes there is plenty wrong with 10.2.1.

Facebook doesn't open from the hub half the time
    The contacts app is still a mess
    The text message app freezes up all the time

I'm all for adding new features in 10.3 but we really need to fix the basics.
    03-30-14 01:04 PM
    You are right, the basic do need to be fix. What does "MR" usually refer too? "Minor repair"? If so let's hope with Chen that some of BlackBerry's core apps get a little attention.

With the way the team has been working lately I'm pretty impressed with the development of BB10. I can see the Z3 launch being a great platform for BlackBerry to market something new in the next update. But, for all we know the update might be for helping BB10 OS operate smoothly on lower RAM.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:45 PM
    You are right, the basic do need to be fix. What does "MR" usually refer too? "Minor repair"? If so let's hope with Chen that some of BlackBerry's core apps get a little attention.

With the way the team has been working lately I'm pretty impressed with the development of BB10. I can see the Z3 launch being a great platform for BlackBerry to market something new in the next update. But, for all we know the update might be for helping BB10 OS operate smoothly on lower RAM.

Posted via CB10
    MR means Maintenance Release.

Anyway, I have a feeling that 10.2.1.29xx might not be a 10.2.1 MR, but rather a Z3 support branch. The first spotting was a month after the Foxconn phone announcement (and a month before MWC), but the changes aren't as substantial as from 10.1 to the 10.1 MR. In fact, comparing 10.2.1.2947 to 10.2.1.2234, 10.2.1.2234 has a few bars that are newer than 10.2.1.2947.

Maybe 10.2.2, then?
    03-30-14 04:29 PM
    Summer!

Since 2010 ?
    03-30-14 05:22 PM
    I'll guess much later. I also think that the z3 we will see 10.2.1.28xx release. I think 10.2.2 is the branch for the q20, maybe. Which means 10.3 is the branch for the next high end phones z50, q 30. Which could be this fall.

Posted via CB10
    There will not be a z50 this year! No touch (high end) for 2014

Since 2010 ?
    03-30-14 05:24 PM
    MR means Maintenance Release.

Anyway, I have a feeling that 10.2.1.29xx might not be a 10.2.1 MR, but rather a Z3 support branch. The first spotting was a month after the Foxconn phone announcement (and a month before MWC), but the changes aren't as substantial as from 10.1 to the 10.1 MR. In fact, comparing 10.2.1.2947 to 10.2.1.2234, 10.2.1.2234 has a few bars that are newer than 10.2.1.2947.

Maybe 10.2.2, then?
    Its gotta be the 10.2.1 MR there hasnt been any new builds. 10.2.2 is picking up meaning (to me) the dev staff is transitioning to 10.2.2

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:49 PM
    Yes there is plenty wrong with 10.2.1.

Facebook doesn't open from the hub half the time
    The contacts app is still a mess
    The text message app freezes up all the time

I'm all for adding new features in 10.3 but we really need to fix the basics.
    what OS u on?

my text messages haven't been freezing since 10.2.1.. (.2141 was the first 10.2.1 i installed so not sure which 10.2.1 fixed it).. but if u still having that I'd load the latest leak or maybe reinstall...
    03-31-14 06:20 PM
105 ... 2345