quad core, LTE, 10.3.....sign me up. This looks like the powerhouse that many BB users have been waiting a long time for. O just hope BB can make some great/unique software to really take advantage of that processing power.
    02-09-14 12:57 AM
    I agree 100%. I also think we should get more then 16gigs of storage. Bump it up to 32 or even 64. Not sure if I read the specs on what that is going to be
    Yea that's an issue on my phone & I put as much as I can on my media card. I almost positive that they will increase it to at least 32GB internal storage because the Porche Designed phone they released was 32. It would be stupid of them to then turn around and release a new "high end" phone with lower specs

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:24 AM
    The Porsche Design is 64GB.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-09-14 04:02 AM
    2GB RAM is good enough still, why? coz BB10 is an optimised mobile computing OS!

but i'm just hoping this Ontario (which I presume this will be the Z50??) to have better flexibility in the storage capacity: 32 or 64 GB. please..
    02-09-14 05:37 AM
    One thing we have learned is that speed, throughput and RAM always increase.

Programs get bigger more complex and useful.

Computer 101.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    I wish that was the case but reality is the majority of new software is lazy and unoptimized at the core due to dev's "philosophy" that powerful hardware will take care of it. Android apps are a perfect view into coding degeneration, in 2014 we still have Android apps that lag in simple sprite UI motion. Yes partially you can blame it on Java environment which will never ever provide sophisticated touchscreen UX experience like on iOS, WP or BB10 due to slipping input but there are workarounds that most devs simply don't care about.
    02-09-14 05:56 AM
    It seems that everyone forgets that only a short 6 years ago we still haven't even open the envelope on smart phones, now that we have these super phones out no one is happy. They want more and more, you want speed you want more RAM you want bigger displays! "BUY A DAMN desktop gaming PC"' it's a mobile PHONE<-- telephone and telephones are meant to call people, mobile companies will find every sucker in the book to entice buyers to buy there already outdated crap.
    We only use our devices for 3 things mostly
    1.) BBM's/SMS/MMS
    2.) e-Mails
    3.)Calling

Some of you even find a way in their boring lives
    To
    4.)Play/test apps
    5.)fitness/listen to music.

How much do you really need from your device those thing require barely any speed or RAM. Social media? If you need to have 10 sites running in the background on your phone then you worry more about other peoples lives then your own. Get a life. Too many tech gadgets out there now that rule our lives watches glasses phones pins spyware when are we satisfied with the loss of our privacy?
    bigjman and BallRockReaper like this.
    02-09-14 08:48 AM
    Christian, exactly!

And to do all of that you need battery life not quad core processors. Battery battery battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:30 AM
    All I care about is battery too. My Q10 lasts 1 day with real heavy usage or 2 days with just bbm/texting/emails/calling. That's my favourite hardware feature. Everything is speedy enough and faster then the Octacore Androids. Even android apps like instagram loads pictures faster on Blackberry then android.

But with mobile computing 3GB of RAM, 64bit (even though in a lot of tests it's more buggier then 32bit, some even show it a bit slower)
    Definitely more on
    board memory and a camera upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:22 AM
    I like how people don't want a quad core because they are concerned about battery life. See the LG G2 3000mAH+ battery which uses a snapdragon 800 cpu. It is a battery life champ even using a IPS screen which is not battery friendly at all compared to OLED in certain conditions. Remember in most real life scenarios, the CPU does not run at 100% all the time; it's important to manage voltage at certain clock speeds. I would not be surprised if the Ontario battery is equal if not better than the Z30

G2 beats Z30 in every battery life category while having top specs. This is what the Ontario device should aim to achieve, the battery life bar set by the G2.
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/blackberry-z30-battery-life/
    02-09-14 01:56 PM
    I'm disappointed at the 2GB RAM, at least 3GB.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    Disappointed?
    2GB of RAM seems great! BB10 phones were some of the 1st to come out with 2GB of it then Note 3 and such came out with 3GB of RAM
    i have no doubt that 3/4 GB of RAM would be awesome but well see.
    02-09-14 02:19 PM
    I like how people don't want a quad core because they are concerned about battery life. See the LG G2 3000mAH+ battery which uses a snapdragon 800 cpu. It is a battery life champ even using a IPS screen which is not battery friendly at all compared to OLED in certain conditions. Remember in most real life scenarios, the CPU does not run at 100% all the time; it's important to manage voltage at certain clock speeds. I would not be surprised if the Ontario battery is equal if not better than the Z30

G2 beats Z30 in every battery life category while having top specs. This is what the Ontario device should aim to achieve, the battery life bar set by the G2.
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/blackberry-z30-battery-life/
    3000 mah,doesnt that make it bigger and heavier than Z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually I felt the G2 and it's not really heavy, I think the side has something to do with it also. It's pretty wide, thought I have never held the Z30 in person.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 03:34 PM
    Never Mind
    02-09-14 04:03 PM
    It seems that everyone forgets that only a short 6 years ago we still haven't even open the envelope on smart phones, now that we have these super phones out no one is happy. They want more and more, you want speed you want more RAM you want bigger displays! "BUY A DAMN desktop gaming PC"' it's a mobile PHONE<-- telephone and telephones are meant to call people, mobile companies will find every sucker in the book to entice buyers to buy there already outdated crap.
    1.) BBM's/SMS/MMS
    2.) e-Mails
    3.)Calling

To
    4.)Play/test apps

How much do you really need from your device those thing require barely any speed or RAM. Social media? If you need to have 10 sites running in the background on your phone then you worry more about other peoples lives then your own. Get a life. Too many tech gadgets out there now that rule our lives watches glasses phones pins spyware when are we satisfied with the loss of our privacy?

And THIS is the reason WHY we've stagnated, why the iPad exists in their current platform.

Here is something I use my current BB10 and (using *) used other smartphones for:
    Calls
    Emails
    SMS/MMS
    Social: LinkedIn (Professional Contact communications and applying for jobs), FaceBook (keep in touch with family and close friends, when a phone call, sms, or email may not be appropriate - work hours/husband/wife I haven't yet met, dinner, travel etc), Twitter - keep in touch with IT trends.
    Active Directory User/Groups management (* iOS app)
    - I work in IT and this as helped me immensely while having wings & beer nights on a Friday since I worked for a global company and was always an immediate point of contact (verified requests of course via tickets in email, or a quick call).
    Collaboration (* iOS app with other IT members globally)
    Cisco Audio/VC calls (video calls for meetings I was still on-route for due to my later shift start).
    Music (I love my music and public transit can really drain a guys drive to work where you get 80% of complaints of what doesn't work and you need to fix them: healthy mind, healthy body, equals success).
    Pictures - yup I take them
    Movies - I don't own a TV, my ex and kids got then during the break up a 15mths ago, haven't really wanted TV other than catching up on BSG, Fringe, and still need to get The Walking Dead S2 happening)
    Browser - pure research or just about everything above!

EDIT: (addition)
    Public Transit route & stop arrival times!
    Business News & Local News
    Trade Stocks
    Check Bank Account Balances
    Check Credit Ratings (*iOS)
    (these last three ALL done securely and much quicker than I can on a desktop/laptop, plus I can quickly and freely move about while doing so - even rushing to get that bus! )

Man it took 5yrs for Feature Phones to get the Browser working at least on a good scale - trust me I know because I went from your basic analogy for the user of a "Phone" on an Ericsson T39m (fantastic favorite, look it up), to a Nokia NGage QD, then to 6620 where a more powerful browser and 3rd party email system helped me land my very first IT job. Understanding how phones work on a mobile network as well based on that phone also helped!

It still took Apple to release the code for WebKit (a specific Apple and Google engineer worked on it based off the Gecko code from Netscape - yeah that desktop app your probably aware off based on your above mantra) and FIRST used on the Nokia N80 years before the iPhone was an inception! I had first used REAL web (even with FlashKit) on a smartphone on the Nokia E71 - blew the doors off the Bold 9000 just for this simple reason alone (yea you remember how CRAPPY "inline-HTML" email was on BBOS 4.1 & 5 right?! But I had thought Email was important to you).

I think you REALLY need to understand the Mobile Computing, BlackBerry's internal mantra for BB10 at it's basic component ... "Mobile". Maybe going on youtube and searching for Enterprising Minds to really get it. It's users like you that don't expand or don't really have a need nor want to expand their definitions of what a phone can/should do that limit users such as myself.

For the past 3 mths I didn't have a computer (desktop/laptop/surface pro)! Imagine just how limiting your life is using JUST your BB10 device in it's current state for:
    Communications: Friends, Family, Professional Recruiters, Corporations,
    Editing your documents: resume, etc
    Reviewing digital content: online based video courses,
    Searching for contacts,
    Doing any 1 or 2 of the above while having an argument with your ex, the mother of your kid, or trying to be a father of your kid coaching him what's right from wrong (unable o do Video Calling based on different devices).

Put all of this into perspective and realize that today we STILL cannot have a universal Video Call that is native to ALL mobile device platforms without using an App such as Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, etc! So many are different and users' choices are based on preferences or work needs even!!

So voice calls, Email, SMS, and MMS predate video calling along with the network infrastructure for video calling yet this is the ONE thing that is NOT a standard across all mobile devices ... WHY?! Ignorance.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    02-09-14 04:29 PM
    1.) BBM's/SMS/MMS
    2.) e-Mails
    3.)Calling

To
    4.)Play/test apps

That's such a closed minded way of looking at it. Don't look down on others because the choose to use their mobile devices in a much different way than u. If that's really how u feel I'm sure some would ask why u even own a BB10 device? I'm sure a old OS5 Curve can just BBM, email, and make calls. I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking that while it might take awhile, we're going in a direction where our mobile devices might have most of the features a laptop does. If people want the kind of productivity out of their devices, let them. If u want the bard minimum out of your device, I'm sure there will be some manufacturers that sell that too

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 and Poirots Progeny like this.
    02-09-14 04:54 PM
    Well I'm just really excited for 10.3. I wonder if the Z10 and other current BB10 devices will get it though?

Posted via CB10
    zclash likes this.
    02-09-14 05:03 PM
    Actually I felt the G2 and it's not really heavy, I think the side has something to do with it also. It's pretty wide, thought I have never held the Z30 in person.

Posted via CB10
    G2 is actually slightly narrower than the Z30 because of its edge to edge display meaning the bezels are super slim despite having a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    G2 is actually a lot lighter than the Z30, 30g lighter. I'm not suggesting the ontario should use the same chasis as the Z30 but the ontario could definitely be lighter than the Z30 while having a larger battery.
    02-09-14 05:05 PM
    BlackBerry Z30 battery life test - GSMArena Blog
    I think there's something that BB guys should consider, on the same tests made Z30 rates at 52h while Q10 rates 56h. It could be a data for analysis when considering future builds.
    02-09-14 06:52 PM
    I'm disappointed at the 2GB RAM, at least 3GB.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    Remember, the dev devices for the z10 and q10 were/are only 1gb

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:58 PM
    I'm personally going to be pretty disappointed if BlackBerry abandons the z10 form factor. If the z30 will eventually be the smallest non keyboard phone I'm going to have a hard time staying. Other than that I'm very excited to see what 10.3 has to bring.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:18 PM
    I'm personally going to be pretty disappointed if BlackBerry abandons the z10 form factor.
    Agreed. I'm hoping for a Z30 mini with less bezel so the screen can be larger without making the overall size much larger than the Z10. The rumored Ontario seems like a good phone, but it would be a pleasant surprise if an Ontario mini version was also being considered for production.
    02-09-14 10:51 PM
    I'm happy with my Z10. But I'm excited to see 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:21 PM
    Totally agree with this

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 06:15 AM
    I agree with those who say that the 2GB Ram needs to be increased. I've noticed on my phone that I'm using quite a bit of that 2GB & I've seen screenshots from other people that show them using up almost all of their ram. Sure the phones can handle it now, but in the near future that's going to be an issue as programs get bigger & people install more & more headless apps.
    Exactly what we are all saying -_-

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 06:22 AM
    Agreed. I'm hoping for a Z30 mini with less bezel so the screen can be larger without making the overall size much larger than the Z10. The rumored Ontario seems like a good phone, but it would be a pleasant surprise if an Ontario mini version was also being considered for production.
    I get your point. I want something like the Nexus 5 build. Was able to test it yesterday, the screen size and handling is just right for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:28 PM
88 1234