This is the first update that has got me excited. Pretty much my all the features I'm missing most from 7.1 will return in 10.3.1.
    I wish they had bought these back in 10.2.
    All blackberry needs is a new z10 successor with a killer battery and I will be back on bb10 for definite.
    But I'm looking forward to trying 10.3.1 on my z10.

I hope this is the update that doesn't focus on Android runtime and focuses on bb10 itself!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-01-14 06:13 PM
    Sounds exciting! I am reading the finding and fixes thread to see if it's worthwhile to load.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-01-14 06:20 PM
    Has some cool "new" features coming back for sure.
    Which are you most looking forward to?
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-01-14 06:21 PM
    This is the first update that has got me excited. Pretty much my all the features I'm missing most from 7.1 will return in 10.3.1.
    All blackberry needs is a new z10 successor with a killer battery and I will be back on bb10 for definite.

I hope this is the update that doesn't focus on Android runtime and focuses on bb10 itself!

What features are you referring to?

Does it have:

- Screen that lights and popups allowed for new messages? (so it can behave like Iphone, or Android, or BBOS)
    - sound profiles that change based on in holster or not?
    - auto bedside mode upon charge after certain time?
    - auto mute upon removing from holster (you feel vibe and pull out slightly to stop it from eventually making a noise)?
    - ability to allow 3rd party apps to turn on AND off wifi based on your location?
    - ability to allow backgrounds to become widgets?
    - unread message icons visible on top (or bottom) of screen even if not in the hub?
    - stand by mode for quick turn off and on?
    - date visible on top of the screen?
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-01-14 06:24 PM
    10.3.1 will have the custom L.E.D. colors form OS7.
    10-01-14 06:33 PM
    Also the keyboard shortcuts are coming back *yeah*
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-01-14 06:36 PM

Does it have:

- Screen that lights and popups allowed for new messages? (so it can behave like Iphone, or Android, or BBOS)
    - auto mute upon removing from holster (you feel vibe and pull out slightly to stop it from eventually making a noise)?
    - ability to allow 3rd party apps to turn on AND off wifi based on your location?
    - unread message icons visible on top (or bottom) of screen even if not in the hub?
    1. You mean toast notifications?
    2. Holdster? Really?
    3. No and I concur on this.
    4. See # 2.
    5. Yes.
    6. This one is redundant if you have active frames.
    7. No, but there is Peek (Half swipe up anywhere). Lockscreen.
    8. Yes. Flip to stand by.
    9. See # 3.

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    10-01-14 06:39 PM
    They will never not focus on the runtime, trust me thats still a very high priority. Chen is just ushering in these old BBOS features in now that the OS has finally matured from 10.2. Also, for Classic launch he wants people who used the old BBOS devices to upgrade. Otherwise there will be no profit and the classic would be sort of a waste of development.
    10-01-14 06:46 PM
    1. You mean toast notifications?
    2. Holdster? Really?
    3. No and I concur on this.
    4. See # 2.
    5. Yes.
    6. This one is redundant if you have active frames.
    7. No, but there is Peek (Half swipe up anywhere). Lockscreen.
    8. Yes. Flip to stand by.
    9. See # 3.

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    1: No, I mean what I described
    2: Yes, really. Why do you ask?
    3: Major missing item then
    4: Yes, really. Why do you ask?
    5. Awesome....well, that's one.
    6:Uh, what? Only if the active frame HAPPENS to be where you want it, and only if the active frame shows what you want.
    7: Which is pointless if you DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW that you need to do those things.
    8: Doesn't flipping just turn off the screen, and not the device?
    9. Major missing item....again.

So, it looks like they've brought back one feature. Just curious what the other ones were that the OP referred to.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 10-01-14 at 07:01 PM.
    10-01-14 06:47 PM
    Has some cool "new" features coming back for sure.
    Which are you most looking forward to?
    Custom profiles and custom led. Those 2 things alone made life so much easier in 7.1. I know there were apps that did this but the day I could customise led I got rid of advance os and my 9810 doubled in battery life!

Elite1 and Chrisy like this.
    10-01-14 06:49 PM
    Along with all the amazing improvements that we're going to see on 10.3.1, I wish we could also get an OS7 like BlackBerry Protect experience.

TAN OKAN Q10
    DJRikko and Chrisy like this.
    10-01-14 06:51 PM

Does it have:

It's a start. And some of these things may be in the final build with a bit of luck

10-01-14 06:52 PM
    I am really looking forward to 10.3.1 - it does bring back quite a few of BB 7 OS features! Some are still missing though. For example: ability to allow/enable phone calls from lock screen. I wish BB would make "lock screen" a settings item all by itself and give you a lot of features. For example:

Lock Screen -
    [] Allow all phone calls
    [] All phone calls only to contacts
    [] Allow pull-down quick settings menu (flash light, music player, brightness etc)
    [] Allow camera
    [] Allow music player
    [] Show message/notification previews

and so on.
    10-01-14 06:55 PM
    It's a start. And some of these things may be in the final build with a bit of luck

So, I'll ask again. What features were you referring to? Was it just the led colors?
    10-01-14 07:00 PM
    I think we will all just have to wait and see. It's going to be awesome. Well worth the wait.

Bring it on.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    10-01-14 07:10 PM
    #1 that is there
    #2 nope
    #3 isn't that already possible?
    #4 y?
    #5 y?
    #6 really y?
    #7 i would like this

and as mentioned, this is a "mistake" release. there can still be alot added.
    JoseMercedes likes this.
    10-01-14 07:49 PM
    I am really looking forward to 10.3.1 - it does bring back quite a few of BB 7 OS features! Some are still missing though. For example: ability to allow/enable phone calls from lock screen. I wish BB would make "lock screen" a settings item all by itself and give you a lot of features. For example:

Lock Screen -
    [] Allow all phone calls
    [] Allow pull-down quick settings menu (flash light, music player, brightness etc)
    [] Allow camera
    [] Allow music player

and so on.
    I really don't understand why you want all those things from the lock screen. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the lock screen if you can do everything from it? Maybe it's just me, but I use my lock screen to lock up my phone from prying eyes and my kids. If I need to access my phone, I unlock it and access it.
    greenberry666 and Elite1 like this.
    10-01-14 07:56 PM
    #1 that is there
    #2 nope
    #3 isn't that already possible?
    #4 y?
    #5 y?
    #6 really y?
    #7 i would like this

and as mentioned, this is a "mistake" release. there can still be alot added.
    Assuming you were responding to my list (even though it's a different number of items):

1 - that's great news.
    2 - darn.
    3. no, not possible now, you must manually activate it.
    4. not sure I understand what "y?" means.
    5 same as above
    6 same as above
    7- seems a lot of people would like to know what date it is except BB developers.
    10-01-14 08:06 PM
    When is 10.3.1 expected to be released?
    10-01-14 09:10 PM

Sounds like a great time to come back to BlackBerry! Can't wait!
    Elite1 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-01-14 09:17 PM

Lock Screen -
    [] Allow all phone calls
    [] Allow camera
    [] Allow music player

and so on.
    Absolutely awesome ideas. Although all quick settings would provide too much access to just anyone. Butcher I get what you vote driving at which is a lot of functionality while locked. But for me without allowing anyone access to anything critical and under quick settings if it all were available that might be too much access.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:21 PM
    Sounds like a great time to come back to BlackBerry! Can't wait!
    Welcome home .
    Chrisy and Elite1 like this.
    10-01-14 09:22 PM
    So, I'll ask again. What features were you referring to? Was it just the led colors?
    No. Pretty much everything on the list in the blog article that Bla1ze posted.

10-02-14 02:22 AM
    Sounds exciting! I am reading the finding and fixes thread to see if it's worthwhile to load.
    This lady roks in cb I saw her many times in different threads haha
    Nice mam

posted via Q10
    10-02-14 08:47 AM
    I really don't understand why you want all those things from the lock screen. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the lock screen if you can do everything from it? Maybe it's just me, but I use my lock screen to lock up my phone from prying eyes and my kids. If I need to access my phone, I unlock it and access it.
    I've often wondered the same thing. If the lock screen essentially displays everything that's happening on the phone and allows all kinds of interactions, in what sense is it a lock screen? Isn't it just another home screen then?

But I digress. The thing I'm most interested in, in 10.3.1, is keyboard shortcuts! As I understand it, these will be long press shortcuts, so normal key presses will still activate universal search. This isn't my ideal solution, but I'll take it. Personally, I'd prefer an option to put the home screen into "shortcut mode", in which pressing U starts universal search, and regular key presses trigger other shortcuts. But long press is okay.
    10-02-14 09:29 AM
28 12