04-09-14 03:42 PM
57 123
tools
    Like many Android devices, The Nexus5 suffers from poor software, hardware integration. The rebooting and glitchiness issues are beyond annoying. If you want an Android device, one is better off buying Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:24 PM
    Fantastic work BlackBerry...The creativity of your team is just amazing. I am blown away by 10.2. Until now I thought Nexus was the best value for money but not anymore..Its Z10..For People who keep talking trash due to lack of Apps here's a screen shot of my Z10 on 10.2 enjoy

Attachment 221711

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get the theme?? It's sick

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:18 PM
    can anyone tell me pleae.. wich is the latest blacberry os version released, ...the name of the version, and release date,,please??
    The latest os is blackberry os 10.2 official release. It was release one month ago

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:20 PM
    Nexus is a better phone. Nexus has more power, raw Google, and is the sexiest Android phone ever made in my opinion. i do love Blackberry also, after my Android!.

Blackberry needs apps badly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    11-17-13 10:22 PM
    Like many Android devices, The Nexus5 suffers from poor software, hardware integration. The rebooting and glitchiness issues are beyond annoying. If you want an Android device, one is better off buying Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    you really must be on some serious drugs dude. i also own a Nexus 5 and i have 0 issues with software or hardware. this phone is blistering fast with " no bloat ware" raw Google powered.

it murders all blackberry models period. how do i know? i own them both. keep it real.

bekkay and Saiga like this.
    11-17-13 10:26 PM
    you really must be on some serious drugs dude. i also own a Nexus 5 and i have 0 issues with software or hardware. this phone is blistering fast with " no bloat ware" raw Google powered.

it murders all blackberry models period. how do i know? i own them both. keep it real.

FYI

Nexus 5: Common Problems Users Have and How to Fix Them
    turbodmac likes this.
    11-18-13 07:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Says someone who obviously doesn't own a Nexus 5....

And to the OP, I agree the Z10 is a nice phone but starting a thread comparing it to another phone is simply asking for trouble...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-18-13 07:15 AM
    Says someone who obviously doesn't own a Nexus 5....

And to the OP, I agree the Z10 is a nice phone but starting a thread comparing it to another phone is simply asking for trouble...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    That's just an opnion...BTW I have both Nexus 5 and Z10....With price drop, all the apps because of 10.2 ,additional features on Z10 I do believe it's a better phone/value than N5/N4.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:10 AM
    I notice that you have Candy Crush. Can you buy from the store?
    11-18-13 09:07 AM
    Fantastic work BlackBerry...The creativity of your team is just amazing. I am blown away by 10.2. Until now I thought Nexus was the best value for money but not anymore..Its Z10..For People who keep talking trash due to lack of Apps here's a screen shot of my Z10 on 10.2 enjoy

Attachment 221711

Posted via CB10
    Best value for money, if you buy z10 after its price cut down. Way down.

Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    11-18-13 09:14 AM
    10.2.1.1055 is GREAT! for us current BlackBerry BB10 owners.

And maybe 10.2.5.xxx will bring us a full Android Experience, but I really question if using a "runtime" will ever give us an "equal" experience to native Andoird.
    11-18-13 09:26 AM
    10.2.1.1055 is GREAT! for us current BlackBerry BB10 owners.

And maybe 10.2.5.xxx will bring us a full Android Experience, but I really question if using a "runtime" will ever give us an "equal" experience to native Andoird.
    I am more than happy with the experience of the apps I loaded on Z10...They are at par with the Nexus 5 experience...I am not seeing any lag.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:04 AM
    Silly comment. Nobody is going to buy a BlackBerry just for Android apps. They may be influenced to buy one because it has the ability to. people would buy blackberry over android for its OS and specific blackberry features like the Hub, BBM, etc. The ability to fill the app gap with Android apps off of Amazon is nothing more than bonus.
    That's my point... the features that BB10 has aren't drawing customers anyway, so really the only people (for the most part) that would be interested in it's ability to run Android apps would be those who are already on board with BB10.
    11-18-13 11:25 AM
    That's my point... the features that BB10 has aren't drawing customers anyway, so really the only people (for the most part) that would be interested in it's ability to run Android apps would be those who are already on board with BB10.
    That's where marketing comes into play...We have a proven CEO hard at work...BB10 has differentiated OS that was missing Apps...Now with all the Apps and right pricing we should see a pick up.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:13 PM
    Z10 climbing to rank 8 on Best Sellers in unlocked phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:05 PM
    You think 10.2 is awesome. Watch when 10.2.1 goes public!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:20 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:18 PM
    Let's assume you're correct (you aren't, but I'll play), how is that still not a good thing? Make your customers happy! What about those who have a bb10 device but are thinking of switching just because of an app they absolutely require? Customer retention.

The way I see it, anything that is a plus for BlackBerry and BB10 is a good thing, no? It's interesting to see some people (not directed at you, so don't be offended ) put a negative spin on something that is so obviously positive. No, it will never be the same as a real android. But there are pros and cons to that proposition. No, it will not magically cause swarms of Android and iPhone users to switch. Duh. But it's still a lot better than not having it at all. Many existing BlackBerry users like or need certain features of BlackBerry. BlackBerry's market is not really an app crazy customer - so it's not like they need or want thousands of apps to download and play with. So for them, to also be able to run just a few crucial droid apps, is a very important benefit. And with balance, there's no security concern for the company.

There are two important parts: one, that more apps will run, but more importantly, that the average BlackBerry user will be able to install it without using dpbb or chrome extension, etc. It's gone from technical to easy for most. I see also negativity about not auto updating and no support. These are both very minor concerns versus the convenience and benefit of having the app.

I've been using Linux as my main desktop o/s for quite a few years. But there is one application that I use once a year that I require windows for. Quicktax. No comparable Linux s/w. Thus I have a windows guest installed in virtualbox to run it. This is very much the same situation.
    Last edited by slickvguy; 11-23-13 at 04:23 AM.
    11-23-13 03:56 AM
    Right now with 10.2, bb10 is pretty good app wise. I don't use many apps that people are complaining about. I like the phone for what it can do for me. With 10.2.1 on the way, it would be so much easier to install android apps. So easy even a caveman can do it.
    As for the price, I think that is relative.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    11-23-13 08:32 AM
    It's an fantastic phone for the price...Love the lock Screen...Apps...everything much better than iPhone 5 at one third of the price!!! it's a steal.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 05:30 PM
    10.2.1 makes this phone simply, unimaginably awesome. I loved 10.2.0, but the 10.2.1 line is freaky good.
    11-23-13 05:32 PM
    Viber really works well? My friend installed Viber on 10.2.1 extracting apk from Google play, but calls won't work. Please some body confirm this. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:57 PM
    I don't agree with the premise of the thread.
    Carphone Warehouse selling the Z10 for 179 pounds without a contract, gives the Z10 a pretty good $/performance ratio.

If BlackBerry would sell the Z10 themselves for these prices, I would say that we have some good value.
    If the price would be 179$ and 179 Euro in other countries, then I would also say that the Z10 is a very nice phone for its price.

But that still isn't the case...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 11:03 PM
    Silly comment. Nobody is going to buy a BlackBerry just for Android apps. They may be influenced to buy one because it has the ability to. people would buy blackberry over android for its OS and specific blackberry features like the Hub, BBM, etc. The ability to fill the app gap with Android apps off of Amazon is nothing more than bonus.

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    ...said no one ever.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-23-13 11:28 PM
    One thought I'd like to add re: Z10 pricing.

It may very well be that Blackberry does not want to dump Z10's YET because of the recent Z30 release.
    You don't want a cheaper Z10 competing w/ the Z30. Yes, I know they aren't the same thing. But if you can get a Z10 for far less than a Z30, potential Z30 buyers might just go for the cheaper one. I think Blackberry will dump them a little bit later.

And to those who think Blackberry is "stuck" with the Z10's, that is nonsense. They built up inventory far too much - which was ridiculous. But, they certainly will sell them - just at a slower pace and for a much lower price. But they WILL be sold.

As usual, BB's timing is horrible. Had they thrown everything into the Z30 w/ 10.2.1 - THIS was the phone that actually might have caught on. Instead, they basically shut down marketing it to save money. Yeesh.

I noticed on Videotron's website that they have the Z10, Q10, and Q5 for ZERO down (24 month data services contract).
    11-24-13 12:03 AM
57 123