Will developers be able to creat an app lock and maybe a hub lock with 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:00 PM
    What is an app lock? What's a hub lock?
    Will developers be able to creat an app lock and maybe a hub lock with 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:03 PM
    Application lock, to be able to lock any app you want . Hub lock. A way to password protect your messages by locking to hub as an option

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:17 AM
    Device password?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-24-13 08:19 AM
    the problem with just a device password is that once you unlock it to give it someone to borrow they have access to anything in your phone, an applock locks individual apps like your messages whilst leaving other open for the guest or child to use

OP have you tried sideloading a free android app lock?
    09-24-13 08:38 AM
    You might as well have a device password, there's no need for a password on the hub but I would like one for the apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:17 AM
    Don't post the main info in hub and forces ppl to log in to access the notification maybe?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:24 AM
    NO it isn't going to happen, BlackBerry is not putting out the API to allow that level of control.

I've seen a number of request for BlackBerry to allow Balance on none BES devices.... not sure if Balance can be password protected or not....
    But this type of feature would need to be from BB.... unless the open the OS up a little more to development by 3rd parties.
    09-24-13 09:29 AM
    A jailbreak iphone can do it. Android has the app. And the BlackBerry legacy phones were able too. The most secure phone in the world cant lock an app?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:34 AM
    Just dont lend it, FFS.
    The most secure phone in the world can lock itself like no tomorrow and it can't be cracked.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-25-13 05:32 PM
    NO it isn't going to happen, BlackBerry is not putting out the API to allow that level of control.

I've seen a number of request for BlackBerry to allow Balance on none BES devices.... not sure if Balance can be password protected or not....But this type of feature would need to be from BB.... unless the open the OS up a little more to development by 3rd parties.
    It can be
    09-25-13 06:28 PM
    You may want to check out "Mind My Phone" in BlackBerry World. It will let you know if any of your coworkers are messing with your BlackBerry.

You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19728943

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:55 PM
    It can be
    I think if BlackBerry would enable Balance without the need of BES, a lot of people would be happy to have two levels of security.
    09-26-13 03:59 PM
    I'd like to see that on the next Update!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:02 PM
    I think if BlackBerry would enable Balance without the need of BES, a lot of people would be happy to have two levels of security.
    I have been asking for that since I first saw Balance on BB10. As much as I hate to, I do sometimes lend my phone to co-workers when we are in remote areas & my phone is the only one with reception. Granted they are just quick dispatch / flight planning calls & I'm right there, but I still don't like doing it. I would feel a lot better if they were in a guest mode when they had my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:06 PM

I've seen a number of request for BlackBerry to allow Balance on none BES devices.... not sure if Balance can be password protected or not....
    But this type of feature would need to be from BB.... unless the open the OS up a little more to development by 3rd parties.
    what about an applock app that just opens a blank screen infront of the selected "locked" apps when theyre clicked on with a keypad asking for a password to make the screen close, would that require an API? i dont think this would work for the hub gesture though
    09-26-13 04:29 PM