The smartphones wars just began and we are still in the infancy and the sales bound to grow by 1 billion smartphones per year by 2016. Prospects of making money are plentiful for the companies like RIM and others. I think the companies involved in smartphone business will continue to grow for a while before they see saturation. I also think that smartphones line will be the most fetching business of all consumer electronics businesses because of the sheer volume of upgrade cycles.

Juniper Research: Smartphone sales to hit 1 billion per year in 2016
    Last edited by sf49ers; 07-20-11 at 06:38 PM.
    07-20-11 06:34 PM
    Interesting. All this talk about RIM is dead is foolish, This is still one of the most profitable companies in the fortune 500. We all know they need to make changes, some of witch are right around the corner. The future is bright. This is not the time to give up on RIM. Remember even though the PB is what everyone says is unfinished, most everyone also says it has the strongest OS going forward. Explosive growth is coming back IMO. And i'm not saying anything bad about the competition.
    sf49ers likes this.
    07-20-11 07:05 PM
    Holy wicked! That sales also includes replacement units via warranty or damage, warranty repairs (the costs involved when warranties are void due to self-disassembly and water damage, or abuse from the owner), etc. Feature phones also sell quick, if people don't really care what phone they want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 11:23 PM
    All of the businesses and professional organizations keep rim as high up as it is... a person walking down the street would most likely be pulled in by a wow factor of a product rather than to see a demonstration of how something beats it once you get to know the device.
    07-21-11 05:54 PM
    That's an impressive number!
    07-23-11 04:17 PM
    All of the businesses and professional organizations keep rim as high up as it is... a person walking down the street would most likely be pulled in by a wow factor of a product rather than to see a demonstration of how something beats it once you get to know the device.
    Well if that's the case, RIM needs to adapt, because per quarter sales are beginning to decline, while iOS and Android keep increasing.
    07-23-11 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD