I just had to spread the word...

I was online earlier and came across an ad about 02's new contract system so I clicked on it. Basically 02 have a system where you pay 2 prices a month. 1 = Device plan. 2 = Airtime plan. You're tied in to a 24 month contract, but you're not actually tied. Both of these plans get billed at the same date and time so it looks like one direct debit payment for a contract phone. Normal. But, when the device plan is paid off, you can upgrade your phone to a different one, new/old. This device plan changes dependent on if you put a larger or smaller initial upfront sum down for the phone. So if I have �100 spare, I can put �100 towards my new contract and that will reduce my monthly price for the contract than if I put �0. Sounds normal. But the thing I love about this is that come 6 months down the line, a new phone gets released and you want to upgrade to that phone, but you're stuck in a 24 month contract. What you can do is gather the funds (I'm not saying how), and pay off the rest of the device plan. Then from there, you can get a new phone with a new device plan, and there you have it. A brand new phone, same contract, same number and the same plan.

I'm potentially thinking about going to the iPhone 6 on this contract when it gets released with 02...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    08-19-14 06:01 AM
    It may be easier to just get a cheap sim only contract from three or something and then just buy your phone's sim free.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 06:39 AM
    Haven't got the money for that.

I've just gone out and brought the S5! Looking forward to getting it up and running! Not sure what to do with my Z10 though. Keep it as a second phone or sell it.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:26 AM
    I just had to spread the word...

I was online earlier and came across an ad about 02's new contract system so I clicked on it. Basically 02 have a system where you pay 2 prices a month. 1 = Device plan. 2 = Airtime plan. You're tied in to a 24 month contract, but you're not actually tied. Both of these plans get billed at the same date and time so it looks like one direct debit payment for a contract phone. Normal. But, when the device plan is paid off, you can upgrade your phone to a different one, new/old. This device plan changes dependent on if you put a larger or smaller initial upfront sum down for the phone. So if I have �100 spare, I can put �100 towards my new contract and that will reduce my monthly price for the contract than if I put �0. Sounds normal. But the thing I love about this is that come 6 months down the line, a new phone gets released and you want to upgrade to that phone, but you're stuck in a 24 month contract. What you can do is gather the funds (I'm not saying how), and pay off the rest of the device plan. Then from there, you can get a new phone with a new device plan, and there you have it. A brand new phone, same contract, same number and the same plan.

I'm potentially thinking about going to the iPhone 6 on this contract when it gets released with 02...
    Seems all this excitement is about getting the iPhone 6, shouldn't you be posting this on iMore?

Posted via CB10
    gschep likes this.
    08-19-14 11:19 AM
    I think this bollocks imo

It's just the same as cancelling your contact (by paying it off) and getting a new phone & contact. Not sure why you have to pay twice though.

Thank god for PAYG.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:51 AM
    id rather stick with Three UK, �17 a month for unlimited no capped speeds data, unlimited texting and 600 minutes. O2s plan is just paying a lot of money to end a contract early and get a new phone
    08-20-14 02:56 PM