I saw this on the news this morning and believe its being shown at CES.

Its a wireless leash for your phone. It uses blue tooth as a keychain to notifiy you when you've walked away from your phone. its supposed to be out this summer and retail for $70 per the news report.

ZOMM | Alarmingly Smart

They showed it, and I have to say, I was pretty impressed with this and with its functionality. It will also be a wireless handsfree speaker phone.

What a cool idea this is. Im not usually impressed with these things, but this one caught my attention.
    01-09-10 12:55 PM
    Since this is the only thread on this topic, and this has been released now (as far as I know)...has anyone used this, or know anyone that has used it?
    09-01-10 10:24 AM
    I saw a Zomm booth at the Minnesota State Fair the other day. They looked high in quality. A little bulky for my liking though.

If anyone wants to order one, you can get $10 off any product over $89.00 with the Promo Code: MyTalkFair

I ordered a Nio from BlueNio that seems to be a more appropriate size for a keychain.
    09-01-10 11:18 AM
    This could have some small security benefits too......It could alert you if someone snags it form your desk when you are looking away or visiting a next door cube/office......
    09-01-10 11:40 AM
    I watched all the videos on their site, and read a few reviews. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't appear that you can turn off Zomm's audible ringer. That and the pricing is a tad high. It does seem less bulky than the Phone Halo though.
    09-01-10 11:53 AM
    Another thing I preferred about the Nio is that you can set different distances for how far the keychain is away from you before the alert is sounded. Instead of the ~30 feet away the Zomm requires.
    09-01-10 12:10 PM
    Nio looks promising. How long has it been out because I've never heard of it? I never heard of Zomm though either until yesterday
    09-01-10 01:37 PM
    No clue how long they have been around. Just ordered mine not too long ago and am still waiting on it to arrive from the UK.
    09-01-10 02:27 PM
    Oh I was under the impression that you already had one Well when you get it let us know how it is. I know this is a Zomm thread, but yeah...
    09-01-10 05:10 PM
    Doesn't your bluetooth headset do this already?

When I walk to far away from my phone it says "there is no active phone connected" if I get back within range within 30 seconds it says "your phone is connected" and away I go.
    09-01-10 05:14 PM
    Oh I was under the impression that you already had one Well when you get it let us know how it is. I know this is a Zomm thread, but yeah...
    Will do.

When I walk to far away from my phone it says "there is no active phone connected" if I get back within range within 30 seconds it says "your phone is connected" and away I go.
    But you can't attach your bluetooth headset to your keys and have it send a loud alert when your too far away
    09-01-10 05:21 PM

Ooh you've got one of those fancy headsets. Mine only beeps once faintly. And not all of us wear our headsets 24/7
    09-01-10 05:34 PM
    Ooh you've got one of those fancy headsets. Mine only beeps once faintly. And not all of us wear our headsets 24/7
    I am trying to not wear mine anymore, 400 bucks in headsets in 2010 so far from breaking them, I'm really trying to minimize the use, but it is a great thing for me when I'm in a hurry I put it on my ear while running around the house/hotel incase I get a call, then it tells me I forgot the phone when I race out the door.
    09-01-10 05:37 PM
    Returning as promised to give my review of the Nio.

This thing is great! Very small in size, even smaller than my keyless entry remote

It came in nice packaging as well.

Was easy to set up and the software is exceptional! Been using it for a full day and half and the battery level hasn't dropped even a bar. Great product! Would recommend to anyone that is prone to losing their phone or something else they regularly carry with them.
    09-03-10 08:52 PM
    Awesome. I've got a couple questions that hopefully you can answer.

1. How good is the response time of the alarms going off? I watched a review video on it and it seemed to lag a little when the devices got out of range from each other, unless he wasn't as far away as it looked like he was in the video.

2. Does the app have to stay open, and have you noticed any significant battery drain on your device from it?
    09-03-10 10:47 PM
    Awesome. I've got a couple questions that hopefully you can answer.

1. How good is the response time of the alarms going off? I watched a review video on it and it seemed to lag a little when the devices got out of range from each other, unless he wasn't as far away as it looked like he was in the video.

2. Does the app have to stay open, and have you noticed any significant battery drain on your device from it?
    I'll get back to you on the specifics of the first question. Haven't tested if the alarm always sounds at exactly the same distance. I know that the alert on the Nio itself goes off about a second before the device alarm does though, if that is what you were asking. So far, in the day and half of use, it has already prevented me from leaving my phone on the boat when I was coming home. Pretty happy about that!

Yes, the app does have to stay open. I noticed slight battery drain, but not much difference than having anything connected via BT. The awesome thing is that the device is powered on via the app on your mobile. There are no buttons on the device itself at all. So if you wanted to save battery, you could leave it turned off and then power it on via your phone and then find whatever is attached to it.

It also has a built in motion sensor, so if you turn the motion sensor on from the app, any time the Nio is moved, the alarm is sounded.
    09-03-10 11:30 PM
    No buttons on the Nio device? I thought I read on the site that you could kill the alarms by pressing a button on the device, unless I'm thinking of another device. I'm not fully awake right now
    09-04-10 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD