08-21-14 01:39 PM
64 123
tools
    BB's future does not lay with consumers. JC said so himself. So if you're looking for a consumer-grade phone, you will probably be happier with a consumer-grade OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 10:00 AM
    Mate, there is a 10.3. BlackBerry 10 OS update coming up soon. I think it might be an answer to your problems. The apps should run smother and the whole UI experience should be more optimised. BB Z30 is a one heck of a phone. I got one and not swapping it for anything else. I'd suggest to hold on for a little longer and see if the new OS update solves your issues, otherwise you risk being disappointed yet again.
    08-21-14 10:08 AM
    You, my friend, are a class act. I have been reading these blogs for years, and I used to be a pretty active participant (well, in relative terms, I guess). Back in the day, your comments were pretty much in line with many others - well reasoned, respectful, open minded, humble, and always helpful and useful. Thankfully, your comments remained unchanged. The rest of this community, however, with very few exceptions, has deteriorated so far that it has become scary to post anything at all, let alone a criticism or, even worse, a gripe. So, thank you for keeping at it in the face of the noise and lower standards. Thank you for keeping things civil and responding like a true gentleman. Thank you for your thoughts and contributions. I will now go hide out on the sidelines again.
    We need more posters like you too to keep conversations civil and productive :-).

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-21-14 10:10 AM
    Love my Z10, but ready for an upgrade. My future is beholden to AT&T at this point. Can't stand ios or android, but I may never be able to get a device from my sorry carrier (corporate account btw) Waiting on a new all touch - hopefully, as I think the Passport will be just a little to broad in the arse for my liking.
    08-21-14 10:15 AM
    The runtime on the 10.3 leaks is miles ahead of 10.2.1, now when it finally releases, who knows if it will still be as good. Z50 would have to blow my mind for me to put down my Z30.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    08-21-14 10:20 AM
    So, thank you for keeping at it in the face of the noise and lower standards. Thank you for keeping things civil and responding like a true gentleman.
    Aw shucks.

ghundiraj and kirson like this.
    08-21-14 10:43 AM
    Obviously BB phones are not for everyone. Probably not for you OP...so, move on.
    Find something that you like, and enjoy it. Bye
    08-21-14 10:45 AM
    Peer pressure ( isheeps ) abound. BlackBerry OS 10 is powerful and full of more potential and the Z30 is smooth as silk for me. I love it.

From my ? phone
    Andy_bb_king and CerveloJohn like this.
    08-21-14 11:41 AM
    @OP. Good luck with your next device. But, Reboot - 17 hours? Maybe try updating the software. If already updated. try it again. BTW, I'm glad BlackBerry doesn't have that mentality of "let the door hit you"......can you imagine the customer base if consumers really thought BlackBerry didn't give a d*mn about whether they stay or go? Going from less than a few minutes to 17 hours is an issue. Did you try to update the OS by adding the bars and not thru an autoloader? Just asking because that's like starting to reboot in the morning and going to have lunch......still rebooting.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the "seventeen-hour reboot" was an example of hyperbole. I think what the OP meant was: "...my BB10 device takes a lot longer to reboot than I would like".

As a veteran of WebOS, all I can do is sympathize. I used to turn my Pre 2 on when the wheels touched down, and I *occasionally* had a useable device by the time I got to the carousel. Damn, I must've really liked those cards....
    JeepBB and Bluenoser63 like this.
    08-21-14 12:08 PM
    Just venting here.....

I do though think I am at the end of the road (for now) with Blackberry.....
    In the end, it is YOU who has to use the phone.
    Sucks that you couldn't find what you needed on the Z30, good luck with whatever your new phone turns out to be.....

LP&HG
    08-21-14 12:53 PM
    Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    You don't have to be an arse. Did he hurt your feelings that bad?

I understand the OP and I hope that he does stick with blackberry and I hope that he's given a better experience in the next BlackBerry device of his choice.

No wonder people have left these forums. People don't make this place welcoming at all.

Posted via Q10RR
    shaleem, JeepBB and mh1983 like this.
    08-21-14 01:00 PM
    Kthxbi

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-21-14 01:05 PM
    Apps Apps Apps Come on! How many apps you use everyday?? 1001?!!
    Maybe seeking for another all touch BB, but I'll stick with my Z10 forever!
    08-21-14 01:15 PM
    If apps and specs are the main concern, android is the way to go. Though technology keep evolving all the time, I would not paint myself into corner and rule out any brand. I have no intention of abandoning BlackBerry, but never say never. I hope OP find his optimum device.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    08-21-14 01:39 PM
64 123