I think Blackberry should give 100GB Box with their new purchase. That would easily bring in sales.
    50gb with the playbook didn't exactly set the world on fire though
    09-01-13 04:49 AM
    The Z30 will be a huge failure.
    It's only benefit is the bigger screen, than the Z10 has.

It isn't faster
    It hasn't more functions
    It will cost probably double as the Z10 today costs.

BlackBerry need to build a power Maschine as soon as possible. Something like a S4 or whatever.

Business user are sufficient wither their Z or Q10. Customers want performance and specs. The only see data and thus Z10 is great or better as an iPhone, the customers today only watch spec and image. Sad, but true.

So BlackBerry need to play the game!

Just my 2 Pfennig (cent in Germany )!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:49 AM
    What if Blackberry z30 is a multi-booting OS system. B10 and Android. Isn't that a shoot in the arm for blackberry?
    09-01-13 05:20 AM

Just my 2 Pfennig!

Posted via CB10
    It never ceases to amaze me how every negativist around here believes they know the future.

Z10 via CB 10
    09-01-13 06:22 AM
    Lately I've noticed so many iPhones that would be led to believe 8/10 people have them but the other week in a Verizon store I noticed that nobody noticed them or even looked at them. A lot of people were touching the z10 but it was dead as they memorized with all the big screen androids. They all spent a lot of time with the s4 and note whatever. People appear to be wanting a gigantic tablet to lay on there head and talk and just want a big screen phone instead a phone and tablet. The Z30 should get some attention as long as it is one of the biggest 5 and has a bright clear screen and most importantly able to power up. I can't understand wtf is wrong with people nowadays and these ridiculously sized phones

Posted via CB10
    I'm an Android user and the 5" screen of Z30 is what got my attention. BlackBerry users do have a point about other platforms using their phones for entertainment and a big screen is more fun to use. Also more productive to read long emails and news for work. I also would have difficulty tracking a 20-stock table in a Q10 screen. That would be murder on my eyes and would require constant panning. I always hear BlackBerry phones are tools. Well I beg to differ because a bigger screen makes me more productive and the Z10 and Q10 screens are too small for my work and entertainment needs. So yeah the 5" Z30 is the BB10 phone that got my attention and maybe for other Android users out there.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-01-13 06:33 AM
    No leaks or previews of Z30 compel me to want one. Who is the Z30 target users? A mere inch of real estate is not going to get people to upgrade. Androids had that market wrap up. Chances are people who want bigger screen also want more apps which BB is still lag in that department. You have to wonder what the he11 is BB thinking.
    09-01-13 06:42 AM
    You have to wonder what the he11 is BB thinking.
    They're not.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    09-01-13 06:49 AM
    For all those saying specs don't matter.

You see in front of you one computer that has a core i3 3ghz 2gb ram etc. It doesn't have popular software.

Right next to it you see a core i7 4ghz 8 gb of ram and all the popular software can be found for it.

The core i7 is the same price or cheaper than the core i3.

Which one are you going to buy?
    Fortunately, in PCs, you can buy the best device and run your favourite OS on it unless you are unfortunate enough to have OSX as your favourite OS in which case you pay whatever Apples says you must pay.

But, would it not be absolutely AMAZING if any phone that ran an ARM-based processor could run ANY OS?

You could by the device then pick the OS to run on it? I mean, WOW on that, right? And you could change OSes and just back up and restore your "data" and use that same "data" on your mobile computing device?

So you see the sickening pro-corporation anti-consumer position we are all in?

Today, the software is tied to the hardware... the hardware vendor controls what OS you can put on their device... but wouldn't it be awesome if you could go buy the Galaxy Note III and install iOS on it? Pay Apple $40 for the OS, just like you pay them for OSX today? Or, get Ubuntu OS or Firefox OS if you don't want to pay for it... and run iOS on a Lumia 520 if you want?

Yeah, that's a dream that won't come to pass any time soon.
    kbz1960 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    09-01-13 10:01 AM
    Fortunately, in PCs, you can buy the best device and run your favourite OS on it unless you are unfortunate enough to have OSX as your favourite OS in which case you pay whatever Apples says you must pay.

But, would it not be absolutely AMAZING if any phone that ran an ARM-based processor could run ANY OS?

You could by the device then pick the OS to run on it? I mean, WOW on that, right? And you could change OSes and just back up and restore your "data" and use that same "data" on your mobile computing device?

Today, the software is tied to the hardware... the hardware vendor controls what OS you can put on their device... but wouldn't it be awesome if you could go buy the Galaxy Note III and install iOS on it? Pay Apple $40 for the OS, just like you pay them for OSX today? Or, get Ubuntu OS or Firefox OS if you don't want to pay for it... and run iOS on a Lumia 520 if you want?

At least within the Android world this is often no longer the case. Some people have been exercising choice by loading custom ROMs on their phone. Some use it to load newer versions of stock Android to extend the life of older phones or tablets.
    09-01-13 10:11 AM
    I think 10.2 can do it.

Posted via CB10. Khalistan Zindabad
    09-01-13 10:12 AM
    I just love how people claim the specs are inferior....

The fact is until BLACKBERRY THEMSELVES announce it these types of comments are really fruitless.

All im saying is speculate away but dont try to pretend as if ANY OF US HAVE SEEN THE FINAL RELEASE PRODUCT.

The gs4 boasts an octacore processot in one part of the world and a quad core in another.point is they could release more than one version.

Posted via CB10
    You are fooling yourself - the device has been leaked to death, the specs are well known.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-13 10:47 AM

Having complete choice of hardware and software appeals to the geek in all of us, but it would provide for a somewhat generic experience. None of the software in stock form would be specifically made for the device to take advantage of any special hardware features it may have. Just think of the Google Play Editions of the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 compared to their retail versions.

That said, I'd absolutely love to be able to dual boot either iOS or Android on my Z10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-01-13 10:57 AM
    At least within the Android world this is often no longer the case. Some people have been exercising choice by loading custom ROMs on their phone. Some use it to load newer versions of stock Android to extend the life of older phones or tablets.
    A custom ROM on an Android device is still Android. Porting drivers to another OS like iOS, WebOS, or BB10 would make that a monumentally more difficult task, which is why there are very few devices that run multiple operating systems on them. Often this requires another device with fairly equivalent specs to (like a US GS3 and Ativ S Windows Phone, which was basically a repurposed GS3 device) or help from the Driver Vendor or OEM to get a different OS running on that device.
    09-01-13 11:01 AM
    A custom ROM on an Android device is still Android. Porting drivers to another OS like iOS, WebOS, or BB10 would make that a monumentally more difficult task, which is why there are very few devices that run multiple operating systems on them. Often this requires another device with fairly equivalent specs to (like a US GS3 and Ativ S Windows Phone, which was basically a repurposed GS3 device) or help from the Driver Vendor or OEM to get a different OS running on that device.
    How about Android running an an HP Touchpad?
    09-01-13 11:11 AM
    Didn't HP release the first build, or at least the driver sources for it? Pretty much proves my point. Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-13 12:05 PM
    You are fooling yourself - the device has been leaked to death, the specs are well known.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    Last i checked and from others who have knowledge of the device they are testing MORE THAN ONE VERSION.please correct me if i am wrong

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    09-01-13 01:44 PM

That would be a dream for the ones that love to tinker and try new things. I would try a few of them.
    09-01-13 01:48 PM
    Why would anyone want the z30.

The same issues still exist.

Marketing sucks

No apps

No compelling reason to swith

They are done with

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 02:20 PM
    Why would anyone want the z30.

The same issues still exist.

Marketing sucks

No apps

No compelling reason to swith

They are done with

Posted via CB10
    Well, it will have "Spell-Check" for one thing.

Z10 via CB 10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-01-13 04:11 PM
    I would love the Z30, hope it comes to Norway.
    09-01-13 04:52 PM
    Well, it will have "Spell-Check" for one thing.
    There is no reason to capitalize the "S" or "C" in spell check. Nor is it necessary, from a grammatical standpoint, to hyphenate that word. Finally, you do not need the quotation marks as spell check is a generally accepted term that is not used to convey something else.
    See how incredibly annoying that is
    offyoutoddle and bennelong like this.
    09-01-13 04:54 PM
    I would love the Z30, hope it comes to Norway.
    Fingers crossed for y'all
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-01-13 04:57 PM
    There is no reason to capitalize the "S" or "C" in spell check. Nor is it necessary, from a grammatical standpoint, to hyphenate that word. Finally, you do not need the quotation marks as spell check is a generally accepted term that is not used to convey something else.
    See how incredibly annoying that is
    It seems I am not alone in my war against grammar nazis. Well played sir

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 05:22 PM
    Well, here's my take.

The BlackBerry Z30 has about the same chance of selling well as a snowball has of not melting in hell.

Why?

Let's take a look at the other "Flagship" phone that has virtually the same specs as the Z30 but with a better camera and nearly infinite personalization options. The Moto X. It's been on the market only WEEKS now and has already seen several price cuts with the latest making the phone half it's original on contract price. If it was a huge hit, this probably wouldn't be happening.

Now, fast forward to November and launch a phone with the same specs as the Moto X in the busiest quarter of the year up against heavyweight titans like the Galaxy Note III, LG G2, HTC One Max, Sony Z1, iPhone 5s and 5c etc.

The signs aren't looking good and I doubt BlackBerry is going to price the phone at $0 on contract at launch. It will be $0 on contract by January 2014 but by then just like the Z10, Q10, and Q5 before it, it will have already been branded a failure in the market as it was originally just as far behind the times as ever for BlackBerry and priced ridiculously high at launch
    09-01-13 07:30 PM
    As far as I know the Moto X has NOT seen a price drop. It is supposed to be $99 for the holiday season according to rumors but virtually all android phones drop prices rather quickly.

This won't help or hurt the Z30 though. It might as well ship in a coffin at this point if BB is going to price it at anything above $0 contract price and market the heck out of it.
    09-01-13 07:46 PM
174 ... 4567