BLACKBERRY NEEDS A FIX FOR THE EARPHONE OUTPUT. WHEN I PLAY ANY MP3 TRACK OR YOU TUBE VIDEO, AT THE END OF THE SONG,THERE IS AN ALMIGHTY LOUD CRACKING STATIC NOISE. I AM A SINGER AND DJ AND WHEN I PLAY MUSIC THROUGH MY Z30 OR PLAYBOOK INTO ACTIVE SPEAKERS. IT'S AS IF THERE IS A DISCONECTION OR SLEEP MODE THAT KICKS IN AFTER EACH SONG! IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING THIS ISSUE?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 10:37 PM
    Don't shout!
    12-20-15 11:07 PM
    NO I HAVEN'T EVER HAD THOSE ISSUES.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 04:57 AM
    I USE MY AFTER MARKET EARBUDS DAILY WITH NO ISSUE.

Have you tried swapping out different output devices?
    Did you scan with bbve?

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    12-21-15 05:16 AM
    OP must have also lost his hearing from the noise. This sounds like a hardware issue. I've never had that kind of problem with my Q10 or any of my other handsets.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 05:19 AM
    Owned a Q10 and now owning a Q5, never experienced that issue..

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 05:30 AM
    WHAT?!!

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-21-15 06:03 AM
    If I were OP, I would first load those music files on an audio editor (Audacity, Adobe Audition, etc.) just to see if the audio is OK and is not causing the issue. Then use a different headphone.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-21-15 06:11 AM
    Haven't had the issue you note on either my Z30 or Passport. What app are you using to play the music or videos? I would use the following process of elimination to troubleshoot your issue:
    1. Try using different speakers and/or earphones.
    2. If using a third party app, try using the stock music player. If stock music player works, delete and reinstall the third party music app you have been using, use the stock player or try another music player app. Neutron is the best music player for the Z30 IMHO.
    3. If stock music player is the issue, try updating to new BB10 OS version or reinstalling the OS.
    4. If none of the above works, you may have a hardware issue and you should send the Z30 in for replacement or repair.
    12-21-15 06:44 AM
    Haven't had the issue you note on either my Z30 or Passport. What app are you using to play the music or videos? I would use the following process of elimination to troubleshoot your issue:
    1. Try using different speakers and/or earphones.
    2. If using a third party app, try using the stock music player. If stock music player works, delete and reinstall the third party music app you have been using, use the stock player or try another music player app. Neutron is the best music player for the Z30 IMHO.
    3. If stock music player is the issue, try updating to new BB10 OS version or reinstalling the OS.
    4. If none of the above works, you may have a hardware issue and you should send the Z30 in for replacement or repair.
    If he is playing the same track on two different devices, it's highly unlikely that both are broken. It's probably the track/file that is broken.

12-21-15 08:38 AM
    If he is playing the same track on two different devices, it's highly unlikely that both are broken. It's probably the track/file that is broken.

Thanks. Missed the PlayBook. Must be my subconscious helping me miss a word so painful.
    12-21-15 01:57 PM
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, but I had this issue with my old z10 (now sold for z30). This is hard to describe but I'm 100% sure that all BlackBerry 10 phones and most playbooks all suffer from this fault. .O.K here goes, 1. Plug in 3.5mm jack to 1/4" (6.3 mm). Cable in earphones socket. 2 . Plug the other end into a mixer deck. 3. Plug all cables needed from mixer deck To amp or active speakers ( mixer deck can be by-passed if using active (powered) pa speakers. 4. Choose any music video, mp3, from youtube,fast tube or BlackBerry stock music player and turn up volume to a comfortable listening level ! 5. Wait for end of mp3 or music video to finish then wait! For around 30sec's to 1 minute. Remember just play the one song or video and wait. 6. Do you hear a loud static click echo sound. Please report back if you have the same issue as I am trying not to loose my mind (and hearing) thanks everyone. Phil UK. P.s if you don't have any pro speakers to hand you can use headphones to hear the disconnected. Click sound ( be careful of your ear holes) thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 08:22 PM
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, but I had this issue with my old z10 (now sold for z30). This is hard to describe but I'm 100% sure that all BlackBerry 10 phones and most playbooks all suffer from this fault. .O.K here goes, 1. Plug in 3.5mm jack to 1/4" (6.3 mm). Cable in earphones socket. 2 . Plug the other end into a mixer deck. 3. Plug all cables needed from mixer deck To amp or active speakers ( mixer deck can be by-passed if using active (powered) pa speakers. 4. Choose any music video, mp3, from youtube,fast tube or BlackBerry stock music player and turn up volume to a comfortable listening level ! 5. Wait for end of mp3 or music video to finish then wait! For around 30sec's to 1 minute. Remember just play the one song or video and wait. 6. Do you hear a loud static click echo sound. Please report back if you have the same issue as I am trying not to loose my mind (and hearing) thanks everyone. Phil UK. P.s if you don't have any pro speakers to hand you can use headphones to hear the disconnected. Click sound ( be careful of your ear holes) thanks.
    Not everyone has a mixing deck so I'm not entirely sure if people can re-create your situation. Are you sure it wasn't clipping you're hearing? As you can see, the signal going out of the headphone out jack is already amplified internally after it passes through digital-to-analog converter, so what you can do is play the track on your BlackBerry device in a much lower volume, then adjust your external amplifier.
    12-21-15 08:39 PM
    Update:: . What I have also just noticed is whilst I'm typing this out as we speak with my senniser earphones in and volume up full, if I pause typing, and wait for 5-8 seconds you can hear the radio static hiss turn off and then on as I resume typing !. This is the same sound but amplified 100% when playing anything through the blackberry 's when playing any music or video from anywhere. Please give it a go and check in if you can hear it thanks phil uk.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 09:03 PM
    Hi Ron in motion. This doesn't happen with my ipod touch or lenovo tablet. They seam to be silent after every track played, but with the z30 or PlayBook with the volume even on 60 % output then into a soundcraft efx 8 mixer set at 0 unity master fader levels. And all top gains down. It can be quite scary when you hear this disconnected echo crack sound. The longer the phone/ PlayBook is playing, the more of a kind of static noise can build up. It's really weird this.!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 09:12 PM
    Update:: . What I have also just noticed is whilst I'm typing this out as we speak with my senniser earphones in and volume up full, if I pause typing, and wait for 5-8 seconds you can hear the radio static hiss turn off and then on as I resume typing !. This is the same sound but amplified 100% when playing anything through the blackberry 's when playing any music or video from anywhere. Please give it a go and check in if you can hear it thanks phil uk.
    I tried playing music on my Z30's default Music app using the headset that comes with my Z30 (WS-410 Premium Stereo Headset), then my Alessandro MS1i headphones, then my Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitoring Headphones and I didn't had any issues whatsoever. May I know what OS are you running?

12-21-15 09:56 PM
    Put your phone on silent. Then somehow send a message to your phone, probably ask someone else to send you a text or bbm, does it still make that hissing noise even on silent from the message? Then it's the OS. It's how it was designed. Unfortunately. Your audio input is very sensitive and is catching the hissing noise.

BB10 has been pretty crappy with its audio. They changed the way some app audio code would work and has produced popping noise between audio files in some apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:24 PM
    Hi all, it's 4.39 am here in the UK. And I should have been in my bed a long time ago. I'm going to put a video together about this and a link, to save myself from losing my mind. Thanks for all replies and have a merry Xmas. To all. Regards phil uk

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:43 PM
    Never had that problem until I recently did a 'Security Wipe' then problems started with hissing particularly during telephone conversation.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 08:42 PM
    Hi all, it's 4.39 am here in the UK. And I should have been in my bed a long time ago. I'm going to put a video together about this and a link, to save myself from losing my mind. Thanks for all replies and have a merry Xmas. To all. Regards phil uk

Posted via CB10
    Did you get a solution?
    Did you lose your mind?
    I need closure.
    01-17-16 09:40 PM