Hi All,

I just purchased a Z30 today off Craiglist. I did a full backup on my Z10 and did a transfer to the Z30.

The phone is pretty awesome outside of the fact that my Android Apps don't boot. It gets to the loading and loads up to a certain point, but it's really slow and stops. I've tried several resets.

Whatsapp doesn't work either. I enter my phone number and wait for the system to initialize, but it crashes after a while. I don't need all of my apps from my old Z10, but I AT LEAST want all of my whatsapp conversations in tact.
    11-16-14 09:38 PM
    Have you tried reinstalling those apps?
    11-16-14 11:02 PM
    going to try another go at a restore. PROCESS TAKES FOREVER!!
    11-17-14 12:00 AM
    I mean, reinstalling them directly from Amazon Appstore or Snap?

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    11-17-14 12:06 AM
    Also try to update the apps and your phone,make sure you have the latest software installed.

Send from the amazing powers of the? ? Z30
    Last edited by Originalloverman; 11-17-14 at 01:03 AM.
    11-17-14 12:26 AM
    i'll try to reinstall apps if this restore doesn't work.

and yup, always running the latest in official software.
    11-17-14 12:51 AM
    Let me know the results. Am awaiting the delivery of my new Z30 also.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    11-17-14 07:37 AM
    You don't need to restore. Simply delete the app and reinstall it.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:44 AM
    You have to enable 3rd party apps in settings...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 02:44 PM
    Also, if you did a full restore, check and make sure you didn't do a full restore of android runtime from your Z10. I accidentally did that and it made all of my Android apps crash.

If you've done this, you might have to wipe the Z30, then do your restore with Android runtime unchecked. Did the trick for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:31 PM
    You have to enable 3rd party apps in settings...

Posted via CB10
    didn't try that, but i dont think it was ever turned off or anything.

Also, if you did a full restore, check and make sure you didn't do a full restore of android runtime from your Z10. I accidentally did that and it made all of my Android apps crash.

If you've done this, you might have to wipe the Z30, then do your restore with Android runtime unchecked. Did the trick for me.

Posted via CB10
    that was likely the issue, but i tried only restoring whatsapp, media, and phone contacts/settings etc.
    You don't need to restore. Simply delete the app and reinstall it.

Posted via CB10
    the only thing i restored was media, whatsapp, and personal settings/data. whatsapp again didn't work so i deleted it, and reinstalled. the reinstall helped and all of my conversations saved. i learned that there is another method of keeping whatsapp conversations. see https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/bb10/28020003

i have nearly reinstalled all my apps and logged into all my accounts. just need to get SNAP and finish everything else.
    11-17-14 10:00 PM
    Would you please point me to where the Android runtime can be unchecked? Thanks. I'm having the same issue with a Z10. I purchased a new one - white -- and did a restore from a backup from a black Z10, on which all android apps worked fine. On the new one, no android apps are working. I did a security wipe and tried it again. Same result. Thanks.
    11-19-14 11:31 AM
    Try what I mentioned earlier...the option is usually turned off when upgrading from 10.1 to 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:36 PM
    Would you please point me to where the Android runtime can be unchecked? Thanks. I'm having the same issue with a Z10. I purchased a new one - white -- and did a restore from a backup from a black Z10, on which all android apps worked fine. On the new one, no android apps are working. I did a security wipe and tried it again. Same result. Thanks.
    In link when you go to restore you can check off full restore or custom. Check off custom, go down the list, make sure android runtime is not checked. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:07 PM
    In link when you go to restore you can check off full restore or custom. Check off custom, go down the list, make sure android runtime is not checked. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I just did a backup of my Z10 in anticipation of receiving my new Z30. (Sadly it is already at FedEx, but held up by the weather). I had that problem when I went from the Q10 to the Z10, but I just deleted and reinstalled my Amazon stuff. This time I took your suggestion and unchecked the App store and Amazon apps I have before doing the backup. Now I'm waiting for FedEx.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    11-19-14 06:17 PM