So I don't know what's going on but recently my Earphones have just started going on me. I've had my Z30 for les than a year and this all started happening recently. I keep thinking it's my Earphones and keep buying new ones, they last a week or so and then go bad. What I am experiencing is a double click. "Click click, click click, click click" and the music plays for a second or two and then pauses itself. Do I really have bad luck with Earphones or is this a software issue? By the way the Earphones seem to go bad on all BlackBerry phones as I have tested them on my daughter's Z10 as well but seem to work fine when you plug them into the computer. What's happening here? Anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 08:00 AM
    The Z30 does not damage headphones. It's impossible to do so. That goes to pretty much all phones. You probably have cheap headphones. I own over 15 pairs of headphones that I use on my Z30. They all work great. But sometimes I think the Z30 can't push enough for my Beats Executives.
    09-11-15 08:08 AM
    I've had a pair of Skull candy head phones which prior to my Z30 lasted a year, a pair of Sony ear buds and now Panasonic. You can't possibly have 3 different brands experiencing the same exact problem (2 clicks / pause and unpause). Plus the Earphones still work fine on other devices. I mean, it just doesn't make sense. Prior to my Z30 skull candy earphone which are the cheaper of the three I mentioned above would last over a year and would go bad when the wire became exposed or maybe one of the ear buds stopped working, but this is consistently the same exact problem. Again 3 Earphones in 2 months. There has to be something.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 08:13 AM
    If your headphones work fine in other devices maybe you have a bad headphone jack on your phone.

Could be dirt, could be a bad solder joint.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-11-15 09:22 AM
    I was thinking that too. I actually just looked it up on line and other people have experienced this same exact problem on other devices. I read about it on a Forum in Android Central with the Moto X. Someone suggested using a standard stereo 2 Black band plug instead of 3 Black band plug. Not sure what that is or how to tell the difference but I will Google it and keep you guys posted. If anyone else has experienced this please share. It's very frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 09:32 AM
    If it has 3 black bands that means it has an integrated microphone.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-11-15 09:50 AM
    Well that's no good I want the microphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:13 AM