There are so many people with cracked iphone screens. I don't mean like a small crack either, it looks like someone too a bat to a windshield!

It's a rarity to see someone nowadays with a blackberry, but I was wondering if anyone here had some pics of their cracked screens!!!

Me, I got a Q10 and it's solidly holding up. But I had a Z for a few weeks until the Q10 was released and I had remembered it being delicate and I did put one scratch in the screen.
    01-19-14 06:13 PM
    I have seen many Iphone cracked screens and a couple Samsung as well. I have owned nothing but a BlackBerry for many years now and have always purchased something to protect it first. When I put the new phone in my hand it goes directly in the phone case. A lot of people with the cracked screens consider any kind of phone protector to be a inconvenience. They like to carry the phone in the front or rear pocket and like to whip it out on the first hint of a vibration or the slightest noise of a notification. Sometimes they let it slip and it ends up badly, or forget and sit too hard.
    01-19-14 06:42 PM
    There are a couple of threads with smashed screens in these forums, some of them are pretty extreme. Have never seen a cracked Q5 tho..

Edit: found some threads

Z30
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=881834

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=877288

Q10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=890640

Z10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=839052

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eldricho; 01-19-14 at 07:24 PM.
    01-19-14 07:04 PM
    The problem with the Z30 and Z10 is that if you cracking the screen the phone is useless.
    01-19-14 07:26 PM
    But it does look like the screen is more robust and able to withstand a crack on the Z30 and Q10 tho
    I've seen reports of cracks on Z30's and Q10's and they're still recognizing the touch afterwards
    Not so much for the Z10

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:30 PM
    My Z10 was cracked and it was a no go. Couldn't believe such a small crack made it completely stop working. I replaced the screen and 2 weeks later the phone died, it got real warm after the screen change and mutilated the battery. I had a iphone 4 for 2 years ( don't know how with the terrible reception), dropped it at least 50 times but never cracked it. The Z10 was in a front pocket as I crawled over a metal piece of equipment. I have used the replacement in an otterbox since I got it with no problems. I have dropped it alot. I have only had my q10 for a week. Had an iphone 5 since June no problems always in an otterbox . Cracked a corner of my 9900 puting it into a cheap holster case combo. Didn't bother it's functions
    Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:46 PM
    The problem with the Z30 and Z10 is that if you cracking the screen the phone is useless.
    It sure looks like my friends Z10 has a cracked screen, but it still works. We're thinking it's the screen protector that was put on when it was new. It is sometimes hard to get it out of sleep mode.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:11 PM
    I know so many people who have cracked the Iphone screen, it's not funny. I have never heard of anyone who cracked their BB10 screen, however i sure there are some. The bottom line is that all brands of phones will break if not protected, it's not just the BB 10 phones.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-19-14 08:28 PM
    I have used BlackBerry devices in an industrial environment for years, including the z10 and now the z30. No broken screens yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 08:19 AM
    Have had my Z10 for over 8 months now; I'm a wrecker driver and carry it in my front jeans pocket with no case or screen protector. I keep the screen facing my leg always, so that if something hits my leg it gets the battery cover instead of the screen. Coincidentally, just dropped it for the very first time last night, about 3' down to rough concrete, barely made a scratch on the corner of the phone - which turned out to just be a little speck of dirt I was able to rub off. Thing still looks almost like new. While it's usually in a rough environment, I am generally very conscious of taking care to not damage the phone...and it's held up very well.

Richard
    01-20-14 08:37 AM
    I keep my Q10 in my front pocket because it's flatter on my leg. That's a good theory that if something hits my leg it's also a bit more protected.

I personally like when there are a few scratches here and there, I think it adds character.

When I go through my old phone drawer it's fun seeing them a little banged up and broken in , like the old torch I have.
    01-20-14 10:31 AM