I really hope that BlackBerry doesn't release phones with the names Z15 & Z30.
    Not that I have anything against the phones, but I don't want BlackBerry to make the mistake (again) of confusing brand lines.
    Remember how confusing the legacy phones were with their names? I know most people here on CB knew what the differences were, but most people that were not huge BlackBerry fans were completely confused; even BlackBerry owners. ESPECIALLY once you started having "Torch" phones that were NOT sliders.

IF BlackBerry releases a slider (& I'm not saying they should or should not) it should have it's own letter!
    As for the A10/Z30 I think it should also have it's own distinctive designation.....Though it's not as important, as it has a similar form factor as the Z10, just bigger. Maybe LZ10?
    08-05-13 10:40 AM
    I think the Z30 rumor is a LOT more solid than the Z15 rumor. In fact I think that a slider BB10 device is still in planning/considering stage. I agree 100% it should have it's own letter, the S10 for example?
    08-05-13 10:47 AM
    I think the whole system they used again is flawed and over the years will again become confusing.

The Z10 is the full touch screen 2013 model...what about the 2014 Z10? Will it still be called the Z10? Then you have two Z10's in the market. Or will it be Z10 2? Or Z11? They kind of screwed themselves on that one.

BlackBerry needed a name! Like the Bold. You say I have a bold and people knew and if they were smarter they wouldn't have dealt with all the 9900 and 9000 numbers and just called it Bold, Bold 2, Bold 3.

IPhone and Galaxy Phones are doing this and they are the most popular phones on the market. BlackBerry should have launched with names they could move forward with.

I love my Z10 but it will be confusing later on I think. Same with BB10 OS. Bb10 is the os name (similar to iOS, and Android). That being said iOS has iOS 1,2,3...etc. what will BB10 do? BB10 2? Or BB11? If they go with BB11. Then ultimately the OS name is just BB and 10 is the number.

I don't have clarification on that last one. Is the official os name BB10? Or is it BB with 10 being the version number. Like iOS and 7 is the upcoming version.

Posted via CB10
    amp323 likes this.
    08-05-13 11:43 AM
    BlackBerry goes leaps and bounds
    08-05-13 01:20 PM
    I think the Z30 rumor is a LOT more solid than the Z15 rumor. In fact I think that a slider BB10 device is still in planning/considering stage. I agree 100% it should have it's own letter, the S10 for example?
    Really????

Z10, Z15, Z30....It's becoming a bit of a Z00-112959d1229310947-sale-93-chevrolet-s10-pickup-truck-double-cab-picture-002.jpg
    mikeo007 and newcollector like this.
    08-05-13 05:42 PM
    I really hope that BlackBerry doesn't release phones with the names Z15 & Z30.
    Not that I have anything against the phones, but I don't want BlackBerry to make the mistake (again) of confusing brand lines.
    Remember how confusing the legacy phones were with their names? I know most people here on CB knew what the differences were, but most people that were not huge BlackBerry fans were completely confused; even BlackBerry owners. ESPECIALLY once you started having "Torch" phones that were NOT sliders.

IF BlackBerry releases a slider (& I'm not saying they should or should not) it should have it's own letter!
    As for the A10/Z30 I think it should also have it's own distinctive designation.....Though it's not as important, as it has a similar form factor as the Z10, just bigger. Maybe LZ10?
    They shouldn't even have a Z in front of whatever the new phone is called. It's basically a phablet so it should just be a different line of phones than the Z10.

Posted via my Q10
    08-05-13 05:48 PM
    I like your subject line "Z10, Z15, Z30.....It's becoming a bit of a Z00" as exit screen in a Blackberry "Z series" commercial after quickly introducing the three devices.

Nobody can convince me that it would be worse than what we've seen thus far with commercials....
    locke7 likes this.
    08-05-13 05:48 PM
    It should definitely have its own letter IMO.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:18 PM
    lumia brand name is doing ok though, 520 ect. definitely able to educate the market

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-05-13 07:19 PM
    I like your subject line "Z10, Z15, Z30.....It's becoming a bit of a Z00" as exit screen in a Blackberry "Z series" commercial after quickly introducing the three devices.

Nobody can convince me that it would be worse than what we've seen thus far with commercials....
    Haha I was wondering when someone would pick up on the "Z00" (as seen on the batter of the leaked A10

<for those of you still shaking your heads in confusion, it's spelt Z, Zero, Zero>

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:32 PM
    I agree 100%. If a slider is made it needs it's own letter. Actually it's the only device that should have its own letter like "S" which was already mentioned. It's not a touch only device and it's not a qwerty only device either so that's why it should be on its own and not in the Z series. (which I don't think it is and it's just a rumour at this point) . I have no issues with a few devices within the Z series with different numbers just as I don't mind all qwerty devices being in the Q series.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-06-13 12:26 AM
    I think that the naming is fine so far. Z= touch screen and Q= qwerty phone. 10= mid(?) level devices and 5= BB10 "budget" or entry device.

Z15 would look like a logical move up the scale of hierarchy nomenclature in the brands lineup... but a phablet could be a PB10, you know like "Phablet BlackBerry"
    08-06-13 12:37 AM
    It's nice to see that BlackBerry is diving into the world of full-touch. If they get that rumored bb10 torch replacement out for Christmas, that will really turn some heads.

I keep reading about old BlackBerry users who have gone on to other phones saying that they would come back to BlackBerry if they offered a Z10 sized device, with a slide-out keyboard.
    08-06-13 12:39 AM
    One thing about their new phones that bothers me.. nowhere on the phone does it says its model number. I kinda liked how on all the Bolds, except the 9000, it said Bold on the back by the camera. And even on many of the Curves and some of the Torches (though some variations had the megapixel count in place of where "Bold" or "Torch" or "Curve" would be on the back).

If they're not going to put the name of the phone on the back of the phone anymore, they could at least move the logo a little higher. On both my Z10 and Q10, the logo is totally covered if I'm on the phone.
    08-06-13 01:27 AM
    Any more Z's it's going to to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................
    08-06-13 07:01 AM
    It's basically a phablet so it should just be a different line of phones than the Z10.
    A phone with a five inch screen is not a "phablet"!
    08-06-13 07:29 AM
    A phone with a five inch screen is not a "phablet"!
    Really? How big do YOU think it has to be B4 it's called a Phablet?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 09:00 AM
    Really? How big do YOU think it has to be B4 it's called a Phablet?

Posted via CB10

Over 5 inches. The Galaxy Note and devices like it are Phablets.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    08-06-13 09:43 AM
    I fully agree. The old legacy naming conventions were terrible. The 8300 vs the 8310 vs the 8320 vs 8330. Like come on man. Just call them all the 8300. No need for changing the last 2 numbers because of a different carrier. Now granted, some devices had to be differentiated because one would include wifi and the other wouldn't but have gps (WTH?) but in instances where there were no differences, this naming should not have happened. I mean not to copy Apple or Samsung but the Z could have just been the Z. Then the next one is the Z2 or whatever. All these different numbers to identify slight variances is not good. But the real issue to me is the fact they are release so many similar devices where they will have to differentiate with the number naming.
    08-06-13 10:27 AM