I bought a bold 9650 just to use as a backup phone and for the physical keyboard. I have verizon. So I got the phone today tried to put the micro sim in there and align it up with the pins on the 9650 but it still said invalid sim after multiple attemps so now I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with my plan? I once put a nano sim in a bold 9900 also and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:50 PM
    I bought a bold 9650 just to use as a backup phone and for the physical keyboard. I have verizon. So I got the phone today tried to put the micro sim in there and align it up with the pins on the 9650 but it still said invalid sim after multiple attemps so now I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with my plan? I once put a nano sim in a bold 9900 also and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    What? Doesn't the 9650 take a full size SIM?

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-27-13 02:54 PM
    Sim adapter

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-27-13 03:26 PM
    Sim adapter

Oh. Never seen one myself.

Could it be the difference in how the phones access the Internet? 9850 would use BIS and the the Z10 Wouldn't.

Probably something your carrier would have to switch for you.

04-27-13 03:37 PM
    Oh. Never seen one myself.

Could it be the difference in how the phones access the Internet? 9850 would use BIS and the the Z10 Wouldn't.

Probably something your carrier would have to switch for you.

invalid sim sounds more like the device isn't reading the sim card, although BIS etc may be needed for moving back, being cdma I wouldn't wanna guess on anything else, but invalid sim means cant read it.

so OP you should be able to try an adapter. iv had for a while as I was using my 9900 but knew my Z10 was coming, they work a treat, but can be a lil fiddly, just be careful and all is good.

heres one on ebay usa, being from the uk I have no idea of this seller, just one google found for me lol, plenty of others available id guess.
    Micro Sim to Sim MicroSim Card Adapter USA Seller | eBay
    04-27-13 03:46 PM
    Sim adapter

I wouldn't use a SIM adapter, I tried one in my 9900 and it damaged the SIM tray and that is expensive to repair. Just align it and it should work, I have done this on both Blackberry and Android. You can even put a piece of tape over it to hold it in place.
    04-27-13 05:44 PM
    Wait if you have Verizon and a Z10 from Verizon... the Z10 on VZW is 4G LTE which is why you have a SIM card. If you are trying to do a simple device change by swapping SIMS not gonna work due to the bold being 3G CDMA only. Unlike AT&T and T-Mobile they are sim based, the sim swap would be easier. You'd have to use my VZ online or call customer care and switch the active device.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    ridesno159 likes this.
    04-27-13 05:56 PM
    Wait if you have Verizon and a Z10 from Verizon... the Z10 on VZW is 4G LTE which is why you have a SIM card. If you are trying to do a simple device change by swapping SIMS not gonna work due to the bold being 3G CDMA only. Unlike AT&T and T-Mobile they are aim based the sim swap would be easier. You'd have to use my VZ online or call customer care and switch the active device.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 05:58 PM