The UI for the media player on the Z10 kinda sucks, but I think the sound quality is crystal clear. Best sound quality I have heard from media card

Posted via CB10
    see I have no `real` issues with the UI of the player, but the UX most definitely. making a playlist is painfully hard, theres no list view so as soon as you get an albumn with more than 2 short words its all cut off, same for tracks, theres no backlighting options, and while I agree the sound quality is good (its not crystal clear on a `line out` basis to a speaker set) its all for nothing without an EQ.

many people have said it many times before, we aren't asking for a lot, simply `feature parity` with the BBOS devices its replacing will be fine.
    05-09-13 09:05 PM
    Definitely an area that could use some improvement.

I would like a list view and a simpler way to create playlists.

Still better than the walled garden of iTunes, for me anyway.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:24 PM
    Z10 with Neutron Player bests an iPod by a large margin IMHO. The sound with the ability to play lossless FLAC files is nothing short of amazing with a good pair of headphones.

For those that have issues with skipping in Neutron Player, I found when I up the allotted CPU for the player, the skips are virtually non existent.

For those that are afraid of running out of juice by using the Z10 as their main music player, just get another battery. I find it much easier to carry around one device for all my needs.

Posted via CB10
    454vette likes this.
    05-09-13 09:33 PM
    Neutron is awesome

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:51 PM
    Anybody want to share their idea of a perfect neutron mp settings?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:25 PM
    Anybody want to share their idea of a perfect neutron mp settings?

Posted via CB10
    I can't list every setting but here is a rundown of the ones regarding sound:

Equalizer - ON
    Crossfeed - ON (with headphones)
    Fader / Crossfade - ON (I like no spaces or dead air)
    Gapless - ON
    Dither - ON
    Rumble - OFF
    Sampling - Audiophile
    Replay gain - OFF
    Gain Protection - OFF
    Normalization - OFF
    64 bit Rendering - ON
    Audio Hardware - Increase the SW Latency - mine is at full 60 ATM but I will adjust it down by decrements most likely
    Audio Hardware - HW Gain On

Another major thing is to adjust the gain and the EQ to your liking with perhaps a bit of peak into the red - this might depend on the headphones you are using, type of music you are listening to and your ability to detect distortion and thus adjust accordingly. Many larger headphones (such as DJ headphones) may not be able to be powered properly by the phone and will require a headphone amp - in-ear and portable headphones should be fine without an amp.
    irvin968 likes this.
    05-09-13 10:48 PM
    The only reason i used my Ipod was for podcasts but once I downloaded the podcast app for my Z I turned that expensive paper weight in.

Posted via CB10
    What he said!
    I dumped my ipod nano after I got the Z10. 64GB card, poscasts and TuneIn Radio with Bose earbuds and I get all the sound I want and need. Why carry anything else? So happy to have one device that does it all.
    pantlesspenguin and 454vette like this.
    05-10-13 08:57 AM
    I will have to try the Neutron player, sounds good. Thanks everyone!
    05-10-13 12:14 PM
    All my collection on Z10, sound quality is awesome!

Swiped On My Zed10 Via CB10
    05-10-13 12:51 PM
    I like using my Z10 for music, every time I buy an iPod I tend to break it. I take care of my z10. However I hope they fix the UI a bit. Its really underwhelming compared to an iPhone. Then again its great on the iPhone because all the iPhone is is an iTouch with a cellular chip.
    05-10-13 08:26 PM
    i use my z10 in my car, the head unit already has an equalizer so i dont need to worry about preset EQs...

i find using an ipod/iphone @ full volume (on the ipod/iphone) is more prone to distortion vs full volume on the Z10 at the same volume level on the head unit
    05-10-13 09:48 PM
    i use my Z10 for music and everything else, including running and at the gym. I refuse to carry around more stuff if I can do it on one device. The music player on the Z10 is OK. The sound quality is fine, no complaints. I'd say it's biggest drawback is that you can't fast forward using your headphones (and by fast forward I mean seeking through a song, not just skipping to the next). Walkmen used to have this feature, CDs had this feature, ALL MP3 players have this feature, but the BB10 player doesn't...ugh I don't want to have to unlock my phone and manually scrub through the track with my finger if i'm sitting down on the bus with my phone in my bag or pocket. Same for when I'm running or working out.

Also the fact that there's no EQ is disappointing. Considering it's basically a computer, it really shouldn't be very difficult to add a basic suite of 8 or 10 different EQ settings. I don't even care too much about custom settings, but at least give some choice!

The last thing I will say that's really annoying is that playlists synced with BB link always seem to be missing the songs in them, yet those songs are in the main music folder. So annoying. Basically makes an almost decade old task of loading MP3s onto a portable device way more difficult than it has to be.

Would also like the player to support podcasts like apple's music player. I make DJ mixes in podcast form, and so do many DJs, because it allows the listener to listen to one long mix and quickly jump between pre-defined sections or chapters .
    ejej likes this.
    05-10-13 10:13 PM
    The only reason i used my Ipod was for podcasts but once I downloaded the podcast app for my Z I turned that expensive paper weight in.

Posted via CB10
    I do the same. What podcast app did you get. I tried a few but can't get all the ones I did on my I pod.

Power by BlackBerry Z10. Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:48 PM
38 12