That was my next thing to try, but have been a little leary about the extended batteries because when I had an htc evo I bought one and it didn't make much of a difference.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:46 AM
    Definitely he was trolling considering our pathetic battery life with Z10.

PS: no, upgrading to Z30 is not a solution, there are many people who like one-handed size phones. Also Z30 has amoled screen that means bye good battery life if you're browsing a lot with the phone.
    PS2: replacing the battery with bigger ones isn't either a solution for many, many don't want to transform their phones into portable bricks.
    Open your mind and try Z30 in your hand. Make less assumption or hear what other say who even never tried themselves. I had same hesitation as you before. After jumping on Z30, can't be happier!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:48 AM
    Definitely he was trolling considering our pathetic battery life with Z10.

PS: no, upgrading to Z30 is not a solution, there are many people who like one-handed size phones. Also Z30 has AMOLED screen - that means bye good battery life if you're web browsing a lot with the phone.
    PS2: replacing the battery with bigger ones isn't either a solution for many, many don't want to transform their phones into portable bricks.
    'bad battery, get a z30, lol'- this is one of the most stupid answer most of the people get when they complain about z10's battery. I don't know why, but they don't realize that not everybody is rich. I waited for a long time for upgrading from my slow curve. I cannot even spend this year, already bought this.
    05-02-14 09:50 AM
    Open your mind and try Z30 in your hand. Make less assumption or hear what other say who even never tried themselves. I had same hesitation as you before. After jumping on Z30, can't be happier!
    Well, I use the device one-handed quite a lot. For me even the Samsung S3 is big . So go figure..
    05-02-14 09:51 AM
    lol
    @ Sergiu1337
    look!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:04 AM
    I had the same issues as described by many in this thread. I was constantly checking the device monitor to see if any apps were running in the background that I didn't know of. It still didn't help and I was at one point considering getting a new battery from eBay (China) because my battery was usually dead before noon.

However, in all this frustration I decided for one last try and I went through ALL my apps (including the likes of BlackBerry Travel) to see if I had forgotten to switch off automatic updates in some of them. Additionally I tuned down the pulling of email (down to every hour) and surprisingly my Z10 now survives a day and a half of normal use before I need to recharge.
    The problem is that even though I had apps that were updating all the time, it didn't show in the device management. And I'm not talking about sideloaded apps. I'm talking about apps like foursquare, twitter, BlackBerry Travel, XE currency converter etc. which are all native BB10 apps.

Still, the changes I did are not affecting my use of social media, I still receive updates from FB and twitter, but the news feeds don't need to be updated all the time if I'm not using them. Getting the picture?

I suggest you all try the same, it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65, lift and chickenman18 like this.
    05-02-14 10:21 AM
    I'm so sick of this battery talk! Just buy a charging bundle with a spare battery and switch everytime you run out of juice! It's cheap and offering the best worth you can get for the money!

You never have to plug a charging cable in your phone again! Thats what john Chen meant with wall huggers!

The battery life of a single circle might not be the very best compared to other phones but they've got non changeable batteries and that a big minus in comparison to BlackBerry!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    05-02-14 10:29 AM
    OP welcome to the frustration club!
    Dont let the fanboys tell you BS about Settling, reloading OS, or any other witchcraft (not talking about carriyng 2,3,4 extra batteries or a power generator)... Battery life just plain sucks.
    No matter how many updates you do, aint gonna work... the fact is theres not enough juice to make this Frankenstein OS last a single working day!
    BTW: I also have an spare Nexus 4 and guess what? Yeah, almost two days lasting with one charge...
    05-02-14 10:30 AM
    The problem is that the battery of the Z10 is not enough for it. So the solution is -additional battery. Two battery bundles would do. Charge them while you sleep, or while at work. Swap when it reaches around 10%. But you have to have no phone case or an easy removable case to make swapping smooth. Disabling phone features just to save battery, or dimming the brightness to the point of squinting proved to be a silly solution. Enjoy your phone, turn on the features that you need. Make it bright as much as you need. Open BBLINK and get to your data from your desktop wirelessly as needed. Do not not use your phone just to make it through the day.

Ps, and avoid the android like the plague -).

Posted via CB10
    koebi90 and LuisCast like this.
    05-02-14 10:36 AM
    OP welcome to the frustration club!
    Dont let the fanboys tell you BS about Settling, reloading OS, or any other witchcraft (not talking about carriyng 2,3,4 extra batteries or a power generator)... Battery life just plain sucks.
    No matter how many updates you do, aint gonna work... the fact is theres not enough juice to make this Frankenstein OS last a single working day!
    BTW: I also have an spare Nexus 4 and guess what? Yeah, almost two days lasting with one charge...
    4 days on my sister's moto g. thing is still at 30%. She's a light user tho
    05-02-14 10:37 AM
    I'm so sick of this battery talk! Just buy a charging bundle with a spare battery and switch everytime you run out of juice! It's cheap and offering the best worth you can get for the money!

You never have to plug a charging cable in your phone again! Thats what john Chen meant with wall huggers!

The battery life of a single circle might not be the very best compared to other phones but they've got non changeable batteries and that a big minus in comparison to BlackBerry!
    Why not buy a bag and a Varta battery?
    This way you don't have to pause what you were doing, wait for the boot, lose the battery cover.
    And you don't have to wall hugg the phone anymore! You will bag hug it fast!
    Technology | Automotive | VARTA

Or smth like this
    05-02-14 10:44 AM
    Get in the car, plug in the car charger
    Yup, exactly what I do. I just charge it during my commute to work, then again on my way home. That's enough to easily make it through the day without worries. It's just part of my car-starting routine now, just taking an extra 2 seconds to plug it in.

And I carry a spare battery "just in case," but I've never needed it.
    tjseaman and lift like this.
    05-02-14 10:50 AM
    Friend of mine bought a new battery and his problems seem gone. He can get through the day easily now.

I'm recalibrating somebody else's battery right now to see if battery life improves.

Posted with my dirty thirty! Instagram:delilio TwitterelilHemikan
    05-02-14 10:58 AM
    Please stop with the Z10 battery talk. In most cases, the battery is no better or worse than an iPhone 4 or 4s battery, which is the accurate comp. If you have this issue anyway, buy a Mugen 3200mH battery. It will last 24 hours, easy with major use. It's about $89 US.

There will always be reasons why you get the big draw. One tip: If you are in a spotty LTE area, you may be constantly transitioning between HSPA 4G and LTE. You will suck up battery big time. I did the experiment in my house, where the coverage is spotty vs my office where LTE is wicked fast and available. In my house, my indicator changes with the room I'm in and the battery life drops off. In my office, I drop about 2% and hour with minimal (some) use, plus push notifications set. If you aren't on ATT, you can turn off LTE until you need it.
    Big accounts that constantly update are drainers too. Do it manually or set the timing if you don't need moment to moment email.
    But please stop complaining!!!!
    mkelley65 likes this.
    05-02-14 10:59 AM
    Dimming the screen to save battery is silly. It's like keeping your expensive HiFi volume on low all the time so your neighbors won't complain. Spare battery is the way to go. It's like a Tag wrestling match swapping batteries but gotta do it if you wanna enjoy your phone. Also find out if there are any useless Apps or functions that are sucking power
    05-02-14 11:00 AM
    Same issue with my BlackBerry Z10 stl100-1 I had owned lots of phones in my life but the z10's battery was the most poor battery, typing 100 words drains lots of your battery, even while wep browsig at the minimum brightness the phone serves maximum 4 hours, I love BlackBerry Devices and especially the z10 every thing about this phone is amazing and the best except the **** battery life with it, although for those who suppose upgrading to the z30, its not a true solution for everyone, since its size never fits the hand like the z10, adding to that, advicing z10 owners to upgrade for the z30 means half of the Blackberry 10 users should change their Devices without considering each one's finential condetions, plus, using extended battery is not always Good for the phone since its not manefactured by BlackBerry so it ma have a negative effect also it makes the phone looks bulky and the reason for some z10 owners to own the device is its fitness, so extended batteries are not a solution for everyone, I'm sure technology nowadays have a solution for that, so, I hope BlackBerry will come for us with an original extended battery for the z10 with the same size but gives about 50/60% more life...

Edited: writing this replay drains 3% of my battery on the minimum brightness, so how do you think about writing an article for example?
    Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 11:27 AM
    Same issue with my BlackBerry Z10 stl100-1 I had owned lots of phones in my life but the z10's battery was the most poor battery, typing 100 words drains lots of your battery, even while wep browsig at the minimum brightness the phone serves maximum 4 hours, I love BlackBerry Devices and especially the z10 every thing about this phone is amazing and the best except the **** battery life with it, although for those who suppose upgrading to the z30, its not a true solution for everyone, since its size never fits the hand like the z10, adding to that, advicing z10 owners to upgrade for the z30 means half of the Blackberry 10 users should change their Devices without considering each one's finential condetions, plus, using extended battery is not always Good for the phone since its not manefactured by BlackBerry so it ma have a negative effect also it makes the phone looks bulky and the reason for some z10 owners to own the device is its fitness, so extended batteries are not a solution for everyone, I'm sure technology nowadays have a solution for that, so, I hope BlackBerry will come for us with an original extended battery for the z10 with the same size but gives about 50/60% more life...

Edited: writing this replay drains 3% of my battery on the minimum brightness, so how do you think about writing an article for example?
    Posted via CB10
    That's a really long sentence...
    homer1475 likes this.
    05-02-14 11:47 AM
    Bad fortune for some. I last at least 6 hours every day. High usage ( guilty snapchatting)

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-02-14 11:48 AM
    I bought a backup battery for my Z10 and I do not get the same amount of performance from both batteries. Im starting to think that maybe Blackberry had a batch of batteries that doesnt perform as well as others. Just a thought...
    LuisCast likes this.
    05-02-14 12:04 PM
    Like you I have both the Z and Q10, fortunately I snapped both of mine off of craigslist for less than $150.00 for each of them. There is clearly something wrong with the battery management with the Z10 as I notice if I fully charge it then turn it off for a week then turn it back on the batter is 50% or lower. I can fully charge my iphone 4, ipad touch or ipad and leave any of them off FOR A MONTH and when I turn them on the battery still shows 100%.

I mainly use the Q10 because the battery life is so much better but even that one has problems in that if I bump the phone it restarts itself because the battery has too much slop in the compartment it's supposed to snap into. Even after putting masking tape on the battery sides to make it fit better the problem is still present ( but not as bad ). I think Blackberry was so desperate to get the phone out they just butchered out the fit and finish - not unlike an amateur would.

My 9930 is a tank and never had the sloppy fit and finish problems the Q 10 does - let's hope Blackberry does a better job the next time they release a "flagship".
    05-02-14 12:20 PM
    My z10 battery life is atrocious. I went.from 100% to like 75% in an hour from just Web browing.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:28 PM
    Easy fix.....z30

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:32 PM
    My z10 battery life is atrocious. I went.from 100% to like 75% in an hour from just Web browing.

Posted via CB10
    Bro the Web browser needs optimization. Be prepared to lose battery on that duh

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-02-14 12:35 PM
    If you set swipe to wake off, your battery life should last longer. And that means you will be using the power button to turn on the phone like the others.
    05-02-14 12:35 PM
    Had the same issue with my Z10. Had a thread going here a week or so ago. Ended up buying a BlackBerry Z30 and very impressed by the battery performance.

Been using my Z30 for hours. Still have 25% left 12 hours after disconnecting from power.

Was hesitant about the size on BlackBerry Z30, but one week into the usage and can't understand how I used Z10 for a year

Z10 battery life frustration , I'm just venting.-img_20140502_213418.png

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    05-02-14 12:36 PM
321 1234 ...