On m z10 the battery seems to drain completely at random. Usage rate is entirely irrelevant. I can have it watching videos on youtube, chatting on bbm, reading news articles, playing simple games, or even airplane mode with all connections off and not using phone at all, and the battery will last either 2 hours from 100% to 0 or it could go 18 hours and still be at 50%. There is no pattern behind it at all. I've tried using a new z10 battery same story.

I think it's the bb10 os that does it.

I used to use a bb7 device with this tiny like 1250mah battery and it would reliably be expected to last 2 days on a single charge with normal usage, including youtube videos, heavy Pandora usage, phone calls, etc.

Screen size and resolution has nothing to do with it because z10 will drain just as fast or faster without any usage at all.
    08-18-14 04:35 PM
    Starting to drain fast now.

Z10 battery life frustration , I'm just venting.-img_20140819_215116.png

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 08:51 PM
    Just buy a higher capacity battery and the issue is resolved. Don't think that Samsung or IOS is any better. What's worse the battery can't be swapped on IOS. Get over it or get the Z30

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:00 PM
    Z10 battery life frustration , I'm just venting.-img_20140819_102925.png
    This was this morning's

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:46 PM
    The term "heavy user" really varies from person to person. I'm most definitely a heavy user, I'm rarely off my phone. Whether that's a good or bad thing is another subject entirely...lol

Anyway, I use my phone all day. I'm able to text, bbm, email use my media apps with confidence and without any worries. My battery lasts me a full day and more. I have a Q10 btw.

Whereas I may use my phone specifically for browsing the Web or visiting forums, emails, texts etc... another person may be doing for the same exact amount of time, be watching youtube videos, streaming music, netflix, vine (battery killer). The second subject can cause a severe drop in their battery life with the way they use there phone. Using the phone how I use it, we'll, I get a day. And here's the proof.

Posted via Q10RR
    Attachment 291915
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 battery life frustration , I'm just venting.-img_20140817_071250.png  
    08-19-14 11:00 PM
    The term "heavy user" really varies from person to person. I'm most definitely a heavy user, I'm rarely off my phone. Whether that's a good or bad thing is another subject entirely...lol

Anyway, I use my phone all day. I'm able to text, bbm, email use my media apps with confidence and without any worries. My battery lasts me a full day and more. I have a Q10 btw.

Whereas I may use my phone specifically for browsing the Web or visiting forums, emails, texts etc... another person may be doing for the same exact amount of time, be watching youtube videos, streaming music, netflix, vine (battery killer). The second subject can cause a severe drop in their battery life with the way they use there phone. Using the phone how I use it, we'll, I get a day. And here's the proof.

Posted via Q10RR
    Attachment 291915
    The Q and the Z30 are better with respect to battery life. The Z10 for some including me sucks. I know there are others without any issues. It can be easily resolved with a higher capacity battery .

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-20-14 12:03 AM
    Build quality and battery life seem to vary wildly between devices. Some get a good one some a bad one. Its a crap shoot. My experience with a z10 work roll out is 60/40 good/bad. Just my gut feeling here. Due to work I have two z10s. My personal z10 100-3 on Fido is terrible for battery and long boot time. My work z10 100-1 on rogers boots quicker and gets noticeably better battery life despite heavier usage. No issues on either but some st work experience OS freezes, and overheating. Its BlackBerry first new OS phone and they had a lot if issues getting it ready. I think it's just plagued with too many random build quality issues. Go to a q10 or z30 as that's when BlackBerry started to get quality sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:12 AM
    Just buy a higher capacity battery and the issue is resolved. Don't think that Samsung or IOS is any better. What's worse the battery can't be swapped on IOS. Get over it or get the Z30
    And Your claim is based on..?
    What's worse is that you write nonsense and fairytales.
    Iphone 5 with lower capacity battery (1460 mah) give me better battery life in both usage and stanby times. Don't forget that iphone 5 SoC (especially the cpu) is more powerful (and maybe more power efficient..but I tend to blame more the OS for power efficiency.. bb10 just feels like a power hungry OS. Ofc hardware matters a lot too when considering power consumption ). Z10 was launched after iphone 5 and at least if they had put better hardware and gave better battery life, ar at least on par mW consumption.

Swapping batteries on bb10 means: lose about 10 minutes between swap (wait for shutdown, wait for booting up, wait more for device sync). So no thanks. Prefer to hug the wall less then swap batteries all day long . Also don't want to transform the phone into a deadly brick

So let's be real. Is that hard to accept it?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:23 AM
    Iphone 5 with lower capacity battery (1460 mah) give me better battery life in both usage and stanby times. Don't forget that iphone 5 SoC (especially the cpu) is more powerful (and maybe more power efficient..but I tend to blame more the OS for power efficiency.. bb10 just feels like a power hungry OS. Ofc hardware matters a lot too when considering power consumption ). Z10 was launched after iphone 5 and at least if they had put better hardware and gave better battery life, ar at least on par mW consumption.

Swapping batteries on bb10 means: lose about 10 minutes between swap (wait for shutdown, wait for booting up, wait more for device sync). So no thanks. Prefer to hug the wall less then swap batteries all day long . Also don't want to transform the phone into a deadly brick

Posted via CB10
    Hey buddy/ gally I own them ,fairy tales? I know exactly what the performance is like. Down to the blue screen reboot that occurs when I edit a document on my 5S . Do now go sit and reflect on the "reality" .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 08-20-14 at 08:41 AM.
    08-20-14 08:24 AM
    Build quality and battery life seem to vary wildly between devices. Some get a good one some a bad one. Its a crap shoot. My experience with a z10 work roll out is 60/40 good/bad. Just my gut feeling here. Due to work I have two z10s. My personal z10 100-3 on Fido is terrible for battery and long boot time. My work z10 100-1 on rogers boots quicker and gets noticeably better battery life despite heavier usage. No issues on either but some st work experience OS freezes, and overheating. Its BlackBerry first new OS phone and they had a lot if issues getting it ready. I think it's just plagued with too many random build quality issues. Go to a q10 or z30 as that's when BlackBerry started to get quality sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    Don't think it's Build Quality or Battery Quality.

The STL-100-1 is different because it's internals are different. And some US devices are different like my STL-100-4 that will NOT allow you to turn off the 4G. The rest is pretty much user and environment. How often are you right on the edge of having a good signal? How may Accounts do you have syncing? How many headless Apps are running in the background? How many features like Location Services, BlackBerry Protect, Swipe to Wake do you have on? What is the screen brightness (make a huge difference) that you can work comfortable with? HOW OFTEN DO YOU USE IT?

There are a lot of variables between those that get 8 hours and those that say they get 18 hours plus. But overall... yeah the battery was too small and BB10 is a big users of power - but that is because it works hard to keep you connected.
    Jahcure likes this.
    08-20-14 08:51 AM
    Hey buddy/ gally I own them ,fairy tales? I know exactly what the performance is like. Down to the blue screen reboot that occurs when I edit a document on my 5S . Do now go sit and reflect on the "reality" .

Posted via CB10
    My reality differs. I own an iphone 5 though (which I've used as my main phone for more than a year) so I cannot comment on iphone 5s.
    Just wish z10 performed better in battery management.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:02 PM
    Just wish z10 performed better in battery management.

Posted via CB10
    That we can agree on, Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    08-20-14 04:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    10 mins between swaps?? Have you ever used a BB10 device? Those days are over bud. I don't wanna use the word troll but...

Oh and when your iphone dies, all it'll be is a deadly brick, because while I'm waiting for my blackberry 10 minute battery swap, you'll be looking for an outlet..

Posted via Q10RR
    08-20-14 04:52 PM
    10 mins between swaps?? Have you ever used a BB10 device? Those days are over bud. I don't wanna use the word troll but...

Oh and when your iphone dies, all it'll be is a deadly brick, because while I'm waiting for my blackberry 10 minute battery swap, you'll be looking for an outlet..

Posted via Q10RR
    Actually those days aren't over. It takes several minutes for the phone to boot up and to start running normally between swaps.
    08-20-14 05:44 PM
    Don't think it's Build Quality or Battery Quality.

The STL-100-1 is different because it's internals are different. And some US devices are different like my STL-100-4 that will NOT allow you to turn off the 4G. The rest is pretty much user and environment. How often are you right on the edge of having a good signal? How may Accounts do you have syncing? How many headless Apps are running in the background? How many features like Location Services, BlackBerry Protect, Swipe to Wake do you have on? What is the screen brightness (make a huge difference) that you can work comfortable with? HOW OFTEN DO YOU USE IT?

There are a lot of variables between those that get 8 hours and those that say they get 18 hours plus. But overall... yeah the battery was too small and BB10 is a big users of power - but that is because it works hard to keep you connected.
    You can still turn off 4G if you use escreens.
    08-20-14 05:45 PM
    What the iphone 5 only has a 1460 mah battery? I don't know how long a charge lasts on the iphone but damn they must have an efficient operating system if it can run decently long enough with such a tiny battery
    08-20-14 06:41 PM
    Actually those days aren't over. It takes several minutes for the phone to boot up and to start running normally between swaps.
    Do you have a BB10 device? Mine doesn't seem to have that problem, neither did my first one.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-20-14 07:06 PM
    As others have mentioned certain things you can do to help prolong battery life throughout the day!

Turn off LTE
    Turn off blackberry link
    Turn off wifi when not in use
    Turn off location services if not using

This is screen shot of battery today for my z10! Used it throughout the day. Checked emails,bbm,twitter,texting.
    Z10 battery life frustration , I'm just venting.-img_20140820_200111.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hellomoto921; 08-20-14 at 07:17 PM.
    08-20-14 07:07 PM
    My mom and sisters iphones are notorious for dying quickly. So.... the trolling around here is so obnoxious. All products have bad apples. This is just ridiculous now.

Posted via Q10RR
    lift likes this.
    08-20-14 07:36 PM
    Nothing to do with bad apples. The z10 is known for very subpar battery life. I can attest to this having come from iPhone 4, which had a much better battery life. No comparison. Now, I would never go back to ios though because any issues about weak battery life are overcome by a much more productive os in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:31 PM
    @crackbrry fan ok, peace!

Posted via Q10RR
    Well.. you clearly didn't read my post well. I have a Z10 with OS 10.2.1.3247. Power off time + Boot time + time you have to wait till System & PIM Services finish their job (and this also takes an amont of battery juice ).. no thanks. This is another drawback of the BB10... and yet "defended" by many "you need to let it settle down 2 days", "it takes that much to boot because the OS is doing security tasks" LOL
    Again, I am not a fan of swapping batteries all day long. And I am not the only one..

Also it has nothing to do with bad apples, z10 has a bad battery life. Period.
    08-21-14 04:04 AM
321 ... 111213