Itouch is gonna be lonely now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 11:05 AM
    Wow thanks! It totally worked. Hmmm, no need for android or iphone now with high quality youtube. Alright!

nope and to be honest about it the 9700 has a higher DPI than either the iphones or most of the 'droids.

03-16-10 11:31 AM
    Help please. I ran this on my 9700 and it worked great so I thought I'd try it on my PC...not so good. Now I can't play any video on youtube. Youtube videos themselves will play, as in videos linked from Facebook or news website pages etc. so I don't think it's a Flash player problem. Any video I try to play on the youtube website though, I get the error "an error occured, please try again later". I tried undoing the optimization and redoing it and now I get this error from Firefox "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtsp) isn't associated with any program".

What did I screw up and how do I fix it?
    03-16-10 02:19 PM
    Help please. I ran this on my 9700 and it worked great so I thought I'd try it on my PC...not so good. Now I can't play any video on youtube. Youtube videos themselves will play, as in videos linked from Facebook or news website pages etc. so I don't think it's a Flash player problem. Any video I try to play on the youtube website though, I get the error "an error occured, please try again later". I tried undoing the optimization and redoing it and now I get this error from Firefox "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtsp) isn't associated with any program".

y da h ell u even try it on ur pc firefox browser? u dont have enuff work at work to do?
    03-16-10 02:47 PM

Did you try to undo the optimization entering the same webpage again? If that doesn't work, delete all your temporal files and cookies.

Lastly make sure you are on the desktop version of youtube and not the mobile.
    03-16-10 03:26 PM
    Are you on Youtube Canada or Youtube Worldwide?
    I tried both. The funny thing was that I didnt make any changes when it worked Sunday night to Monday morning.
    03-16-10 03:32 PM
    Wow thanks! It totally worked. Hmmm, no need for android or iphone now with high quality youtube. Alright!

LOL so true.
    03-16-10 04:25 PM
    Ya Im having the same problem. Looked better than Ive ever seen before yesterday, crystal clear. Today its back to normal (still HQ), but not as sharp as yesterday.
    same here sunday night i was in awe of how clear the videos were, it was like I was watching HD now when I try its back to being pixeled wtf?
    03-16-10 06:58 PM
    Hmm, I tried viewing that tron trailer again and now the quality is crap...I did just upgrade to .545, however it might not be the issue since some of you guys are also seeing the crappy quality again?
    03-16-10 10:21 PM
    Maybe Youtube is messing with the quality settings for streaming?
    03-16-10 11:39 PM
    bell canada...
    youtube sucks
    03-17-10 08:15 AM
    Hmm, I tried viewing that tron trailer again and now the quality is crap...I did just upgrade to .545, however it might not be the issue since some of you guys are also seeing the crappy quality again?
    after every-time you upgrade / or clean out your cookies you need re-do the steps listed above.

03-17-10 08:24 AM
    after every-time you upgrade / or clean out your cookies you need re-do the steps listed above.

I viewed the trailer unoptimized. On sunday the quality was great, but when I viewed yesterday, it was the old crappy quality. Not sure if it has to do with youtubr or the new os...

03-17-10 10:28 AM
    I viewed the trailer unoptimized. On sunday the quality was great, but when I viewed yesterday, it was the old crappy quality. Not sure if it has to do with youtubr or the new os...

I have .545 and it is amazing on you tube.
    03-17-10 10:31 AM
    I tried on my Storm 2 and nothing helped. Does anyone know if this is not supported for the Storm 2 because my quality sucks and none of the tests for optimization worked
    03-17-10 12:29 PM
    hmm i'm not seeing a difference in quality. 9700 on a&t on 3G running .405
    03-17-10 12:31 PM
    I can;t get the MP4/ACC video test to work, the flash lite test to work or the h.263/AMR Video to work. In fact the only thing that works is the heart and the dog pic.

I am running OS version 5.0.0.320

Any ideas?
    03-17-10 12:33 PM
    I can;t get the MP4/ACC video test to work, the flash lite test to work or the h.263/AMR Video to work. In fact the only thing that works is the heart and the dog pic.

I am running OS version 5.0.0.320

Any ideas?
    Just click on the correct [yes] [no] blocks, they videos don't actually play for one reason or another.

03-17-10 01:10 PM
    when wifi is on youtube sucks balls!
    03-17-10 01:15 PM
    just click on the correct [yes] [no] blocks, they videos don't actually play for one reason or another.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Awesome! That worked, and yes it did improve my picture a lot.

03-17-10 01:27 PM
    Awesome! That worked, and yes it did improve my picture a lot.

no problem, glad it helped.
    03-17-10 02:27 PM
    Youtube does not even work on my bold 9000 with 5.0.0.509

Cheers,
    Charlie
    03-17-10 02:29 PM

Cheers,
    Charlie
    are you using m.youtube.com

you cannot go to www dot

you need to go to m dot

and if that doesn't work try Vuclip web video search
    03-17-10 02:32 PM

Cheers,
    Charlie
    Are you going to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself., and is your WiFi off?

03-17-10 02:33 PM
    I have noticed this as well. I haven't used youtube in a couple of weeks on my 9700, and last night, I was impressed. The sound quality is almost like listening to a mp3 in the music player.
    03-17-10 02:37 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD