Ok so idk if I was dreaming but a couple of hours ago the YouTube videos were low quality on my Bold 9000 and now its HD quality and also takes up the whole screen (there were black bars around the videos before which the videos didn't takup the whole screen) well some do and some don't depending on the original aspect ratio of the video. And if I am dreaming please don't wake me up lol. Seriously I though my phone was messed up before where the videos were in low quality (no HQ option either if u were thinking that) but seriously that was worth the wait! Best part u don't have to switch video qualities meaning its in HD automatically!!! Now watching videos on YouTube is worth it. Check it out tell me wachya think! Wooot! \/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 06-18-10 at 10:19 PM.
    06-18-10 10:12 PM
    I dont have the HQ option any more, but the video still seem the same HQ as before. A month or 2 ago just for a couple days youtube was streaming extra HQ vids, but that didn't last long. Can you post a screenshot from a movie trailer or something with some text in it?
    06-18-10 10:19 PM
    Actually here would be a good test if you dont mind. This video here:

When it was that "extra" HQ a few months ago the text at the bottom was legible, that screen shot I just took and its still a little blurry. Would you mind trying it?

Video link here: YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 Demo - E3 2009 (HD)

And I found the article from the CB front page when this happened: Has Your YouTube Video Playback Quality Increased On Your BlackBerry? | CrackBerry.com
    06-18-10 10:30 PM
    Well its some videos not all yet but I think there working on it. Don't worry I got proof tho but I just need to know how post pics on here first xD

06-18-10 10:40 PM
    Well its some videos not all yet but I think there working on it. Don't worry I got proof tho but I just need to know how post pics on here first xD
    Can you post a link to one of the videos that it worked on? Youve got me quite curious
    06-18-10 10:49 PM
    Can you post a link to one of the videos that it worked on? Youve got me quite curious
    yeah its HD videos i believe. Search HD videos or 1080p on youtube but there are too many to post :P
    06-18-10 10:57 PM
    Btw here are the screenshots of some random videos I've tested but the quality is 2x better on my phone :

Last edited by luqman24; 06-18-10 at 11:50 PM.
    06-18-10 11:07 PM
    Wow. Definitely much clearer than mine. Ill have to do some more testing now

06-18-10 11:44 PM
    I'd like to know what settings you used to optimize it. I'd like to get this option also.
    06-19-10 12:21 AM
    I'd like to know what settings you used to optimize it. I'd like to get this option also.
    I havent used a different optimazation it jus became like that randomly. Maybe there testing it out and not yet a full release. Try watching HD trailers for a test and see if the quality is better.

heres another screenshot just for the heck of it :P

Last edited by luqman24; 06-19-10 at 12:40 AM.
    06-19-10 12:27 AM
    06-19-10 12:41 AM
    Ouch! Lol. Try re-optimizing :P

06-19-10 01:05 AM
    I just reoptimized and got this.

It doesn't help me.
    06-19-10 01:21 AM
    Oh well I never didn't nothing to it. I was watching a video this evening and I got this so I tested out other videos and got the same. But the downfall is that its really laggy on my wifi network but on 3G its not bad I hope there working on fixing that too. Anyways i'll be enjoying this glorious HD quality. But in the meantime it should be available to everyone soon I hope

Last edited by luqman24; 06-19-10 at 01:44 AM.
    06-19-10 01:36 AM
    Oh well I never didn't nothing to it. I was watching a video this evening and I got this so I tested out other videos and got the same. But the downfall is that its really laggy on my wifi network but on 3G its not bad I hope there working on fixing that too. Anyways i'll be enjoying this glorious HD quality. But in the meantime it should be available to everyone soon I hope

I'm using 3G, not Wi-Fi. It was better a month ago. Now it is crummy.
    06-19-10 01:46 AM
    Its still being tested I believe because it was switching between HQ and HD last night. If any of u guys were thinking the difference in quality, there is a big difference its the same or even better quality than the ipod touch or iphone so it is worth the wait! but don't be surprised if the video is choppy or jittering cuz I believe it needs a fast internet connection. 4G maybe suitable for it but its not too bad on 3G. But its jittery on my 7MB wifi connection :/. Just giving u guys a heads up on what to expect :P
    Last edited by luqman24; 06-19-10 at 12:23 PM.
    06-19-10 01:57 AM
    Ok so this is the Super Bowl 44 highlights. U guys will have to compare on your own because I don't have the low quality option anymore for me to compare. U guys should notice a huge quality difference. Btw this is from my bold 9000 which now fits the whole screen for the first time ever. But good luck:

Last edited by luqman24; 06-19-10 at 10:13 AM.
    06-19-10 09:55 AM
    All Youtube videos look 10 times better now on my 9000. This is great!

06-19-10 12:34 PM
    The youtube videos look great but the audio doesn't sync and the video is in near slow motion. Anybody else having syncing playback problems?

06-19-10 02:22 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Videos looking good.
    06-19-10 02:25 PM
    The youtube videos look great but the audio doesn't sync and the video is in near slow motion. Anybody else having syncing playback problems?

Yeah I do to but if u rewind it like a second it should be fine. And the jittering or lag is dependent on your connection speed. On 3G is pretty good. But on wifi which mine is 7MB is causing the video to jitter quit a bit, idk why cuz on the desktop version HD works perfect for me. But I hope its a YouTube issue and can be fixed xD

06-19-10 03:52 PM
    black berry should be ashamed of themselves for not having a decent youtube app. And why are the google apps not in app world? How professional is it to have to check all of googles websites , to see if they have manual updates? wtf
    06-19-10 04:19 PM
    black berry should be ashamed of themselves for not having a decent youtube app. And why are the google apps not in app world? How professional is it to have to check all of googles websites , to see if they have manual updates? wtf
    Its up to Google to post their apps in App World. Its not up to RIM to do that. So your beef should be with Google on that one.

RIM should have stepped up earlier and developed a youtube app, but we do know one is coming with OS 6. Whether or not it will be compatible with older OSs is unknown right now.

06-19-10 05:03 PM
    Blame Google for that.

Even with this HQ upgrade for BB (finally got it!), I believe the videos are still better for Android devices, since they are Google. Not sure though but I believe I read it somewhere.

Congrats BB users!
    06-19-10 05:12 PM
    And apperantly it keeps switch back and forth from HD to HQ and vice versa. Don't know what's their deal...

06-19-10 05:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD