51 here...always used bb and can't convince my 16 year old son...who seems stuck with his S8 .....i actually know nobody who uses bb ...at work people think I'm crazy .....
    Consider yourself fortunate ... people at work think I'm crazy and it's NOT because I use a BB!
    Ponder on that.
    gebco likes this.
    08-28-18 08:50 AM
    good to know there are Baby BBs - however, found few teens can't do hand writing and can't communicate without using images or short hands (can't spell properly). With voice commend gaining more popularity, and some of the 3rd world country skip word commend all together (with literary rate low to start with), the trade is a bit worry some for PKB or VKB. - it will not disappear, but may diminish its impact either PKB or VKB. IMHO.
    08-28-18 09:26 AM
    51 here...always used bb and can't convince my 16 year old son...who seems stuck with his S8 .....i actually know nobody who uses bb ...at work people think I'm crazy .....
    If you buy him the keyboard cover for his S8... you never know
    08-28-18 10:57 AM
    If BlackBerry wants to get youth or young generation then they must get natural app for social networks, such as fb, inst, whatsapp, snapchat, telegram and some others. But instead to make apps they choiced leave OS and turn to android.

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    08-29-18 09:23 AM
    Wow I used to love my Nextel phone. I remember they were really popular among building and construction workers and a girl I was dating (whom I'm still married to) father owned a company where they deployed Nextel phones. I remember getting one and then my whole family getting one and we would use the walkie talkie feature non stop. I really wish someone would come back with that, it was such a great feature.
    AT&T tried PTT feature but I don’t think it was successful.
    08-29-18 09:27 AM
    AT&T tried PTT feature but I don’t think it was successful.
    They were originally popular in construction and similar fields because they were originally big, tough, loud walkie-talkies in the era before cell phones (much less texting or camera phones) were common.

Later, when the feature came to cell phones, it was successful for the same reason BBM was successful: while phone calls had limited minutes, PTT was unlimited.

Unlimited calling plans, plus texting and sending photos rendered PTT obsolete, though, and it's not coming back either, anymore than CRT displays or carburetors, despite being the most popular solutions for a long period of time.
    08-29-18 03:34 PM
    They were originally popular in construction and similar fields because they were originally big, tough, loud walkie-talkies in the era before cell phones (much less texting or camera phones) were common.

Later, when the feature came to cell phones, it was successful for the same reason BBM was successful: while phone calls had limited minutes, PTT was unlimited.

Unlimited calling plans, plus texting and sending photos rendered PTT obsolete, though, and it's not coming back either, anymore than CRT displays or carburetors, despite being the most popular solutions for a long period of time.
    So, just to clarify, BB10 with PTT isn't probable future scenario?
    08-29-18 03:44 PM
    So, just to clarify, BB10 with PTT isn't probable future scenario?
    08-30-18 12:16 AM
    15 and a lover of my Classic! Looking to get a KeyOne in the near future (KeyTwo won't work with Verizon). Coming from using an iPhone SE and I realized I communicate best when using a physical keyboard. Very interesting being a BB user in 2018 in the US, many people just look at you and say "why?" Simple. I can't get enough of the PKB and the Hub for communications. One of the best phones that I have in my collection/fleet! Looking to stay with BB as long as they keep making great stuff!

Posted via CB10
    the_boon and wlharper2 like this.
    08-30-18 04:05 PM
    15 Lover with a collection/Fleet, Pleeeeeease.
    08-31-18 07:05 PM
    15 Lover with a collection/Fleet, Pleeeeeease.
    Wait... so you joined CB when you were 7?
    08-31-18 07:12 PM
    Wait... so you joined CB when you were 7?
    LOL
    08-31-18 07:16 PM
    I am a teacher and currently taking courses at a local University for another certification. The youth all think BlackBerry died. Hell, most of the adults thought so too. The kids say things like "I would never give up my iPhone." And "I've never seen a phone with buttons."

I may have a few students who think it's cool once they actually sit and play with it. They love the DTEK app and the capacitive keyboard. I'll bring out the Z30 and show them flick typing. That gets a few more interested but not one of them will ever actually ask mom and dad to buy one.

It's not what the cool kids use. They don't do the Animoji's. They aren't knowledgeable about phones. Most only know of Apple and couldn't tell you what iOS means. When they ask for a charger they say "Android charger or Apple charger?" No clue what the difference is.

It doesn't matter how many times my shortcuts make allow me to open Apps faster. I can out type all of them.
    08-31-18 08:41 PM
    I am a teacher and currently taking courses at a local University for another certification. The youth all think BlackBerry died. Hell, most of the adults thought so too. The kids say things like "I would never give up my iPhone." And "I've never seen a phone with buttons."

I may have a few students who think it's cool once they actually sit and play with it. They love the DTEK app and the capacitive keyboard. I'll bring out the Z30 and show them flick typing. That gets a few more interested but not one of them will ever actually ask mom and dad to buy one.

It's not what the cool kids use. They don't do the Animoji's. They aren't knowledgeable about phones. Most only know of Apple and couldn't tell you what iOS means. When they ask for a charger they say "Android charger or Apple charger?" No clue what the difference is.

It doesn't matter how many times my shortcuts make allow me to open Apps faster. I can out type all of them.
    This one million times! Logic does not dictate use!
    08-31-18 09:01 PM
    This one million times! Logic does not dictate use!
    Chill out bro. Just sharing my experience.
    08-31-18 09:43 PM

I'm also a teacher, however my experience is the opposite. We can dream.
    Zukadomis likes this.
    09-01-18 09:21 AM
    I'm also a teacher, however my experience is the opposite. We can dream.
    Do you think they would buy a BlackBerry or have their parents buy them one?
    09-01-18 09:34 AM
    Do you think they would buy a BlackBerry or have their parents buy them one?
    Maybe the kids I teach are too young. When I pulled my phone out to use as a flashlight during science they all asked 'why do you have that weird case on your phone'. (Talking about the keyboard on my keyone). Judging from their reactions I doubt it. This is aged 12 to 14 though. Are your students older? If so I could maaaaaybe understand their desire to be 'different'. Lol
    09-01-18 09:37 AM
    Maybe the kids I teach are too young. When I pulled my phone out to use as a flashlight during science they all asked 'why do you have that weird case on your phone'. (Talking about the keyboard on my keyone). Judging from their reactions I doubt it. This is aged 12 to 14 though. Are your students older? If so I could maaaaaybe understand their desire to be 'different'. Lol
    Yeah, I am at a creative and performing arts public school that is 6-12. They are intrigued just not interested in doing something different. The other big problem is there is not one on display in or around the city of Pittsburgh. We had one store that had a Passport on display. A few had the Priv but mostly it was AT&T. I'm on Big Red and always have to special order them since the Z10.
    09-01-18 10:23 AM
    Yeah, I am at a creative and performing arts public school that is 6-12. They are intrigued just not interested in doing something different. The other big problem is there is not one on display in or around the city of Pittsburgh. We had one store that had a Passport on display. A few had the Priv but mostly it was AT&T. I'm on Big Red and always have to special order them since the Z10.
    "Creative" students not willing to try something different lol! Just kidding. But it is what it is. Other phones serve their needs.
    09-01-18 01:46 PM
    "Creative" students not willing to try something different lol! Just kidding. But it is what it is. Other phones serve their needs.
    You're absolutely right though. It's interesting to observe. They are extremely creative yet when it comes to doing anything out of their comfort zone they don't budge.
    09-01-18 02:25 PM
    The neighbor kids I drink with (30's) call my phones calculators. I dual carry Passport and K1.

Side note: I have an autistic teenager. He is forever breaking his device screens (tablets, laptops, handme down S6). He also has my old Z10 and after 4 years broke it for the first time. I bought a screen on ebay for $15 and he is happy to have it back. Haven't fixed the S6 yet. Screen costs over $100.
    01-06-19 01:25 PM
    I'm 33 and still use my BlackBerry passport, some android devices for doordash, and don't see myself using another branded device unless they forge a partnership with TCL to bring forth that swift physical keyboard. I know the reality of BlackBerry world and devices being phased out too, so that's nothing new. E-mail still works, along with basic functions.

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    01-07-19 08:15 AM
    20, got my first BB from my own money with 17.
    However, in my social circle, I am the only one who ever owned a BB device. They call me antiquated because of it. It's kinda fun.
    glwerry likes this.
    01-07-19 08:41 AM
    If BlackBerry wants to get youth or young generation then they must get natural app for social networks, such as fb, inst, whatsapp, snapchat, telegram and some others. But instead to make apps they choiced leave OS and turn to android.

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    Well, if they had continued with BB10 they would HAVE GONE BANKRUPT!

As a business they made the correct choice.
    01-07-19 08:51 AM
83 1234