Will Z10 through HDMI fire up a 40" Monitor so as to watch YouTube videos or downloaded videos from Z10 SD card? (Internet connection is established through home broadband thru wi-fi)
    Yes it will. I use one of my Z10's as an entertainment hub, Netflix, Hulu, ShowBox, HD Cinema through hdmi, all on my 42" Vizio
    02-06-15 10:48 AM
    I know this thread is about laptops, but before BlackBerry did something like that, they should at least test the waters by releasing a TV PC.

I use a Android TV PC everyday. It is just a box that connects to any HD display via HDMI and has 4 USB ports. Mine is a Quad core, it has 2GB of RAM, a ethernet port and WiFi and does pretty much anything a Android tablet will do except it doesn't have a touch screen or speakers. I use mine with a USB hub, a terabyte external hard drive and a wireless keyboard/mouse combo from Logitech. With it, I've completely cut the cord and I no longer pay for Comcast television. Anything I want to watch I can either download with uTorrent or stream. Plus it has Netflix, YouTube, Popcorn time and everything else you'd find on a Android device. It is rooted also, so no worries about ads.

Companies have been making Android devices like that for a long time and they haven't really caught on very well. I find them very useful and love mine. It is all I ever use on my TV now, but they still aren't hugely successful.

I don't think BlackBerry would have much success with a BB10 mini PC/TV box, but it would have to do better than a BB10 laptop would. At least they wouldn't have as much money invested into it.
    02-06-15 07:41 PM
    I know this thread is about laptops, but before BlackBerry did something like that, they should at least test the waters by releasing a TV PC.

I use a Android TV PC everyday. It is just a box that connects to any HD display via HDMI and has 4 USB ports. Mine is a Quad core, it has 2GB of RAM, a ethernet port and WiFi and does pretty much anything a Android tablet will do except it doesn't have a touch screen or speakers. I use mine with a USB hub, a terabyte external hard drive and a wireless keyboard/mouse combo from Logitech. With it, I've completely cut the cord and I no longer pay for Comcast television. Anything I want to watch I can either download with uTorrent or stream. Plus it has Netflix, YouTube, Popcorn time and everything else you'd find on a Android device. It is rooted also, so no worries about ads.

Companies have been making Android devices like that for a long time and they haven't really caught on very well. I find them very useful and love mine. It is all I ever use on my TV now, but they still aren't hugely successful.

I don't think BlackBerry would have much success with a BB10 mini PC/TV box, but it would have to do better than a BB10 laptop would. At least they wouldn't have as much money invested into it.
    That thing was abandoned. I happen to have one.
    It's called the Cyclone...

:-D

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-06-15 08:44 PM
    That thing was abandoned. I happen to have one.
    It's called the Cyclone...

:-D

•   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   •
    Yep, I knew they had toyed with it, but never released it. Would have been interesting if it had lived to see release. They've still yet to try a device like that on the market and I still say they should do that before ever even considering doing something as crazy as releasing a BB10 laptop.

Can the cyclone you have even be used? If so, do you like it?
    02-06-15 09:03 PM
    BlackBerry Laptop

BB10 Tablet

BlackBerry Smartwatch

BlackBerry in the wild

Why does everyone hate BlackBerry

All touch BlackBerry

Rinse

And

Repeat

Posted via CB10

Leaks and waiting rooms

If we remove those topics from CB, CB's ads income will take a big hit.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-06-15 10:38 PM
    I think like a "MacMini" only BB os 10 and with price honest like only BlackBerry\RIM can do!
    I think like a "best friend": a microkernel's realtime where we don't use it, only applications!
    Its only work is chose right funciones!
    My dream is have a os SMART!
    My dream is quickly but smart, intelligent but not prevailing, strong but ethical!
    My dream is ALL tipe of screen!
    Phones, displays, projectors... AUTOMATICALLY WITH BLUETOOTH(I forget this word! XD) OR OTHER!

BUT YES, PASSPORT IS IT!
    03-26-15 01:26 PM
    They have enough problems resolving issues with their phones. Or attempting to resolve issues I should say.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-26-15 02:30 PM
    Can't I somehow get a copy of QNX and install it on my laptop. There we go Blackberry Laptop.

Posted via CB10
    Loopiedoo likes this.
    03-26-15 02:36 PM
    I posted this about 3 months ago. Ever since my Mac Mini crashed I have been using this for my computer.
    Passport into Slimport cable or Miracast to 60"Panasonic TV.
    Your thoughts on a BlackBerry Laptop?-img_20150125_223101_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:49 PM
    I would buy one for $600-700
    03-26-15 05:16 PM
    I think like a "MacMini" only BB os 10 and with price honest like only BlackBerry\RIM can do!
    I think like a "best friend": a microkernel's realtime where we don't use it, only applications!
    Its only work is chose right funciones!
    My dream is have a os SMART!
    My dream is quickly but smart, intelligent but not prevailing, strong but ethical!
    My dream is ALL tipe of screen!
    Phones, displays, projectors... AUTOMATICALLY WITH BLUETOOTH(I forget this word! XD) OR OTHER!

BUT YES, PASSPORT IS IT!
    I wish I could throw it onto a Raspberry Pi 2 and use it as a BerryBox... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-27-15 02:39 AM
    I posted this about 3 months ago. Ever since my Mac Mini crashed I have been using this for my computer.
    Passport into Slimport cable or Miracast to 60"Panasonic TV.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150125_223101_hdr.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	343964

Posted via CB10
    That just looks stupid sorry.
    03-27-15 03:51 AM
    LOL... I wouldn't touch a BB Laptop with a 20 foot pole. First and foremost it would have to have Microsoft Office on it, no substitutes. That one and only thing would leave it dead in the water, but I'm sure I could come up with a number of other reasons it's a bad idea.
    This I agree with! Full Microsoft Office is a must.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:20 AM
88 ... 234