Has anyone think about it? With the same os 10 obviously.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    01-20-15 07:25 AM
    This question has been asked before and the general consensus was that it won't happen.

I will add, however, that should such a device ever be made, I would buy one.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    01-20-15 07:30 AM
    I think a tablet, keyboard and mouse bundle with laptop type case to hold it all together would be better.

Also, docs to go needs improved a lot, I think then we would have something interesting.

 Z10
    donemt likes this.
    01-20-15 07:30 AM
    BlackBerry Laptop

BB10 Tablet

BlackBerry Smartwatch

BlackBerry in the wild

Why does everyone hate BlackBerry

All touch BlackBerry

Rinse

And

Repeat

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:40 AM
    ^^What he said!^^

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:42 AM
    Seeing how cut throat the laptop market is... and no real productivity apps compared to Windows or Mac...could not see why anyone would want to try.... as much as Chrome laptops has been successful.... they come nowhere near what Windows do.....
    Q10Bold, earlym, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    01-20-15 07:49 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but a Z30 with hdmi out to external monitor and usb otg to keyboard and mouse pretty much is a laptop / desktop BlackBerry 10 experience with the added convenience of a portable phone?

I'm surprised it isn't mentioned more in these forums.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and saxxman like this.
    01-20-15 10:43 AM
    Has anyone think about it? With the same os 10 obviously.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I actually think that this is the future of any attempt by BlackBerry to go back in to the tablet business. I'm thinking a tablet / laptop cross-over, like Windows Surface tablet. Only offered in different sizes from an iPad size to a full laptop size and every size in between,with removable touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:50 AM
    Why? From what a lot of people say in here (which I disagree with) is that if you have a BB10 phone then you don't need a laptop.
    01-20-15 10:54 AM
    I'd like it just for the larger screen an peripherals. Miracast and bluetooth don't cut it.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:56 AM
    If ever BlackBerry made a Laptop I will definitely buy one. Although it looks like a distant dream but really the concept is good.
    BlackBerry 10 OS is one of the best in the world and with the launch of 10.3.1 in all the devices I am sure BlackBerry will be a force to reckon with.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-20-15 11:00 AM
    BB is struggling in the phone market and you think that entering the laptop/tablet market is a good idea? SMH, some people have way to much time on their hands. Maybe BB can get into the video card business as well. BB needs to do what BB does best! They don't need to wander into areas that are well outside their area of expertise.
    01-20-15 11:03 AM
    I have a friend that taught they were getting a laptop and they bought a Google Chromebook. They wanted me to help them setup some programs they couldn't get installed....

They returned it to Walmart and got a real Windows PC.

While ChromeBooks are selling and Google is gaining marketshare.... They are limited in what they can do, and when they can do it - pretty much need a internet connection for most everything.. A BlackBerry Laptop would be even more limited... but at twice (or three times) the price.
    kbz1960, Donvald and asherN like this.
    01-20-15 11:08 AM
    Seeing how cut throat the laptop market is... and no real productivity apps compared to Windows or Mac...could not see why anyone would want to try.... as much as Chrome laptops has been successful.... they come nowhere near what Windows do.....
    I wouldn't call the laptop market "cutthroat" exactly. Smartphones have faster internet connections, higher screen resolutions, and better cameras (front and back) from only a few years time.

Smartphone CPUs already surpass many PC CPUs and smartphone OSes are more demanding. Comparing same CPU used for Android and Windows 8, mobile OSes require more processing speed and RAM while desktop OSes require more storage. It should not be a surprise if smartphones become more powerful computers than most desktops in a decade.

The biggest reason why Blackberry shouldn't make a laptop is that it is a slow growing/declining, established market and BB10 is still first and foremost designed for touchscreens.
    01-20-15 11:14 AM
    Been brought up several times the past three years.

Still not a good idea. Let them learn how to sell phones first. BlackBerry is having a hard enough time with that let alone getting into laptops.

BlackBerry hates America!
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-20-15 11:20 AM
    Hmmmm...
    Z10, bluetooth keyboard with touch pad mouse, HDMI out to monitor - why would you need to waste resouces on something we already have?
    Z30, USBotg ssd attached to a USB hub, with items above...emulate with DOSBox, for those having the need to install programs.
    Emulators...RetroArch, BT gaming controller, game ROM's, HDMI out to large TV - instant gaming console.
    01-20-15 11:49 AM
    Hmmmm...
    Z10, bluetooth keyboard with touch pad mouse, HDMI out to monitor - why would you need to waste resouces on something we already have?
    Z30, USBotg ssd attached to a USB hub, with items above...emulate with DOSBox, for those having the need to install programs.
    Emulators...RetroArch, BT gaming controller, game ROM's, HDMI out to large TV - instant gaming console.
    Let's face it, BB10 doesn't support landscape mode very well

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:53 AM
    Let's face it, BB10 doesn't support landscape mode very well

Posted via CB10
    Never gave me any problems. Even on the Q10, miracast makes the image appear properly.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    01-20-15 12:01 PM
    I would just buy an ultraportable running Windows 8.1 and use BlackBerry Blend. Personally, I think BlackBerry should just focus on getting their handset business profitable again.
    01-20-15 12:05 PM
    A Z30 with direct wired connections to a monitor and keyboard and mouse must be as good if not better than blend.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-20-15 12:07 PM
    What's up with everyone wanting to have BB make all these HW that they can no possibly compete in.
    That's is what Blend is for. On top of that BB10 competing with all those OS out there?

I would like to see an QNX/BB10 like infotainment system I can upgrade my old car to bring it into the new age more than a laptop.
    01-20-15 12:11 PM
    Just shooting the breeze making up what if scenarios.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:17 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but a Z30 with hdmi out to external monitor and usb otg to keyboard and mouse pretty much is a laptop / desktop BlackBerry 10 experience with the added convenience of a portable phone?

I'm surprised it isn't mentioned more in these forums.

Posted via CB10
    Almost. If the Z30 had the ability to output it's picture to the monitor in the monitors default resolution (or another user preferred resolution) it would be much better. Right now staring at a blown up Z30 screen on my 26" monitor is not ideal. Also, the HW would also need to be beefed up a bit more (Passport level and up) for this to be a serious laptop replacement.
    Mecca EL and last_attempt like this.
    01-20-15 01:14 PM
    LOL... I wouldn't touch a BB Laptop with a 20 foot pole. First and foremost it would have to have Microsoft Office on it, no substitutes. That one and only thing would leave it dead in the water, but I'm sure I could come up with a number of other reasons it's a bad idea.
    01-20-15 01:25 PM
    I like the idea of Blend on any kind of laptop more than Blackberry themselves creating a laptop.
    01-20-15 01:27 PM
88 123 ...