I wonder if anyone can help me with my issue.
    I recently bought a new curve 8900 from a reputable provider/carrier. The phone was not working properly at all so I returned it and they swopped it for another one. This too had problems. When I looked under the back cover I found there were dirt marks and my keyboard feels loose and moves around. Does anyone know how one can check whether a phone has been registered/sold before (is second hand) apart from contacting RIM? PS: I know the phones come sealed in a box but this is easy to reseal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-15-10 04:04 PM
    contact your carrier?
    03-15-10 04:05 PM
    Thanks for your quick response Tony. However, I live in South Africa and the phones do not get registered with our carriers.

Perhaps there is a website one can use?
    03-15-10 04:13 PM
    That's messed up that a reputable dealer would sell a refurb or used phone as new. I would go back to them and tell them they gave you a dirty "new" phone. I would want another new phone.
    03-15-10 05:20 PM
    That's messed up that a reputable dealer would sell a refurb or used phone as new. I would go back to them and tell them they gave you a dirty "new" phone. I would want another new phone.
    I agree. I would take the device back. That isn't right to give you a used device when you are paying for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 08:13 PM
    You should have definitely checked the phone thoroughly on the spot before taking it. Now they have an excuse by saying you might have caused the dirt or loose keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD