When you are given a blackberry at work what is supposed to be used for primarily. Are there extra programs that is provided or just the ones that come on the blackberry. Also I was just wondering what occupation you are in and how your blackberry assists you in business. I am asking because I am not in the "corporate" world but I use my bb anyway for work (retail sales).
    di
    02-14-08 09:43 AM
    BES is far more secure ( since it's sitting in an office at your company and controlled by the IT guys, and they can add different layers of security ) and BIS is controlled by your carrier, a direct link between you and them, but not as secure.

BES also has few advantages over BIS, like the ability to push an application already configured OTA to all the blackberries connected to the private network, the user doesn't have to do anything, if someone in your company wants you to have XY application, you will get it on your phone without having to do anything at all.

The ability to retrieve contracts from a BES database, so you don't have to carry the contacts list with you at all times, and a lot more. For a deeper explanation, there's:
    Lecture 2: BES and BIS: What's the Difference? | CrackBerry.com

I use my BB mainly for business, my family owns a private security company and I'm the manager of operations, so I need to be online at all times, getting my emails, and whatnot. I also deployed BB's to the entire staff of the company ( via BIS through my provider - I couldn't be arsed to get a BES server, we're not a huge company ) and we use it mostly to keep in touch with each other at all times ( via BBmessenger ) and through emails.
    02-14-08 12:27 PM
    Nope, just me, myself, and I. And my wife.
    02-14-08 01:24 PM
    Nope, my V3XX was going south (keyboard key was bad sometimes) so I just upgraded to BB8310. My first BB and I love it!
    02-14-08 10:52 PM
    nope. i'm flying solo lol
    02-14-08 11:40 PM
    I use mine for personal and business... I own my own locksmoth business and just use the notepad and gps for business and the email and im for personal use...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 12:34 AM
    When you are given a blackberry at work what is supposed to be used for primarily. Are there extra programs that is provided or just the ones that come on the blackberry. Also I was just wondering what occupation you are in and how your blackberry assists you in business. I am asking because I am not in the "corporate" world but I use my bb anyway for work (retail sales).
    di
    Some people in my company have gotten company-provided cell phones. If they do, they get Nextel (yuck) and they don't get the latest BlackBerry versions.

If it means I have to pay my own ticket to keep T-Mobile and my Curve, then I'm delighted to do it.
    02-15-08 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD