I have upgraded to a 9850, and have noticed that Google apps(and a few others) want access to my personal information. Personal information includes files, pictures, etc. There is a message stating that the app needs this kind of access to work properly. Should I allow these apps access to my device's personal info? Will the app perform properly without this access?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 07:01 AM
    I have upgraded to a 9850, and have noticed that Google apps(and a few others) want access to my personal information. Personal information includes files, pictures, etc. There is a message stating that the app needs this kind of access to work properly. Should I allow these apps access to my device's personal info? Will the app perform properly without this access?

You have to if you want them to work........
    If its Google you can consider it safe if its some other company keep it safe and don't allow access. Google is safe so confirm the permissions
    09-27-11 07:15 AM
  3. T
    "Google is safe." I wonder why it needs access in order to work?

09-27-11 01:07 PM
    I installed Google Maps but I do not allow it to access personal information on my BB. It shows a message to change permission every time I open it but I just click to proceed anyway without allowing that much access.
    09-27-11 03:08 PM

You can always have the option to not allow certain permissions being asked for and try the app to see how things work. If it is not working properly then you can go back to the app through options and applicxations and edit permissions so the app works right. BB is pretty tight with security so I mostly always allow all permissions and have NEVER had any trouble.
    09-27-11 06:08 PM
    Google is safe how?
    09-27-11 07:21 PM
  7. T
    Documents to Go wants every single available permission in order to work.

09-27-11 08:02 PM
    Yes. It is applicable in our PC itself. If you install Picassa. It will get access to all the photos in our System and it is going to be private any way.
    09-28-11 03:07 AM
    Google Maps has Latitude built into it, which does some social networking with friends (on Latitude), so it would need more permissions than what you might expect from a basic mapping app. With Google starting to integrate G+ into more things, it wouldn't surprise me to see more permission requests in the future.
    09-28-11 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD