So my co-worker here at AT&T, who's with the marketing team, was giving me some info on the BB10 release when we started talking about commercials for the OS. I thought of a funny one, which would never make the day if light, about a husband who's cheating on his wife and uses Balance (swapping between his "wife" profile to his "girlfriend" profile) when he visits his mistress. And the slogan would be "Don't get caught. Get Balance!".

So what would be an ideal commercial for you?
    01-29-13 11:26 AM
    As long as it shows what the phone is capable of doing, that will make people see it and say "that looks cool". I don't want them to do an ad putting down the competition or even referring to them one bit. That could turn off some potential customers.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-29-13 11:30 AM
    I don't know what images/video I want to see but I am loving this song atm and would be a good in a commercial imo.

https://soundcloud.com/the-concept-b...yal-concept-ep
    01-29-13 12:02 PM
    i may just be a little twisted.

i want to see someone multitasking on a Z10 then head into the washroom and drop a deuce on the Ipoty that was shown off at CES. Fadeoout black screen caption. " BB10 Sh*tting on competition"

yes? no? maybe i should get out of the ad game.....
    01-29-13 12:28 PM
    i may just be a little twisted.

i want to see someone multitasking on a Z10 then head into the washroom and drop a deuce on the Ipoty that was shown off at CES. Fadeoout black screen caption. " BB10 Sh*tting on competition"

yes? no? maybe i should get out of the ad game.....
    Yep, you're twisted but I like the idea
    01-29-13 12:44 PM
    I just want to see "Available NOW" in the ads
    01-29-13 12:46 PM
    As long as it shows what the phone is capable of doing, that will make people see it and say "that looks cool". I don't want them to do an ad putting down the competition or even referring to them one bit. That could turn off some potential customers.
    +1000. Show kick *** features that they can only get with Blackberry10. Make the consumer envy anyone who has it. Make them want it so badly they will break a contract so they can get these features.

All while riding a neon bike

Jk on the last part lol.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-29-13 12:56 PM
    This is one of ads in my head:
    Time Square, New York City at night.
    It just rained and the world is shinny and slick.
    Two very attractive 20 something women in a very sporty car. See the video.
    We are watching the passenger posting on a generic social system using her BB10.
    She turns and takes a picture out the window but all we see is a blur as the city goes by.
    Cut to her screen as she uses time shift camera to adjust a picture of a handsome young man standing on the sidewalk.
    "BlackBerry 10 because you work and play but don't have room for 2."

01-29-13 01:01 PM
    So my co-worker here at AT&T, who's with the marketing team, was giving me some info on the BB10 release when we started talking about commercials for the OS. I thought of a funny one, which would never make the day if light, about a husband who's cheating on his wife and uses Balance (swapping between his "wife" profile to his "girlfriend" profile) when he visits his mistress. And the slogan would be "Don't get caught. Get Balance!".

So what would be an ideal commercial for you?
    And with your stroke of genius you have created an entirely new playground for family law lawyers (attorneys) and prosecutors. Besides BlackBerry Balance only works on BES-activated devices which raises the potential windfall for lawyers due to the higher-than-average wages typically associated with enterprise-class BlackBerry users. Bravo, lc.
    01-29-13 01:26 PM
    And with your stroke of genius you have created an entirely new playground for family law lawyers (attorneys) and prosecutors. Besides BlackBerry Balance only works on BES-activated devices which raises the potential windfall for lawyers due to the higher-than-average wages typically associated with enterprise-class BlackBerry users. Bravo, lc.
    Thanks
    01-29-13 07:22 PM
    I want it to make me and the fellas suddenly & uncontrollably laugh!
    I mean "beer coming out the nose" type of laugh!

Although it doesn't really matter.
    I'm getting it anyway & regardless!
    01-29-13 07:53 PM
    I think a mash up of LL Cool J "Mama said knock you out" mixed with the UI in action and key App montage would be a start.

"Don't call it comeback"

Which is fitting as I must've read a million RIM is Toast, Dead drivel for the past two years.

"I'm gonna knock you OUT!"
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-29-13 08:12 PM
    The theme music to 2001: a shadowy Z10 appears as the song builds with its drum beat and the phone comes crystal clear into view. Then screen shots of some of the capabilities: typing, fixing a photo, sharing video and finally blazing fast game, stop and check message/answer call. Then return to game. Drums pounding.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    snaqvi91 likes this.
    01-29-13 10:02 PM
    I'd make it very meta by having Jon Hamm (Don Draper from Mad Men) in character presenting an advertising pitch for Research In Motion in the anachronistic world in which the show takes place (representing the old technology that iPhone and Andorid represent at current) where he extols all of the virtues of the new BlackBerry devices in his trademark charismatic fashion to win the business.
    01-29-13 10:42 PM
    Speaking of Back from the dead, How about a Zombie clawing it's way out of the grave and grabs a Z10 off of an innocent passerby. The zombie googles brains at blazing fast speed, checks the hub, and other features. Zombie shapeshifts into a normal person, smiles and walks away. All the while Outta the blue and into the Black is playing, Hey Hey My My. Air it during the Walking Dead!
    01-29-13 10:54 PM