There's a dead thread like this some where but i love the topic my first wow moment well i have more then one lol one time i was walking outside and the screen adjusted to the sunlight i was like WOW another was when i applied for this job and they called me back after calling them for 2weeks straight they asked if i could change the position online in the application and if i could i would get a interview at the time we didnt have internet and i got on my blackberry at the time (8520) i was able to go through the whole Application! on my phone and got the job currently been working their for a year and few months

whats your story ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-26-12 12:14 PM
    My first wow was when I got my first bb. After that nothing spectacular
    05-26-12 12:59 PM
    I was actually wow by their OS being a long time iPhone user
    and then Android. Once I tried the BB OS I was wow since
    I always considered their OS to be plain when I used to look at
    friends devices little did I know it was by far the best OS for me
    to use.
    05-26-12 01:23 PM
    Playbook for Christmas: wow
    HAD to go get a 9810 right away in January: wow,wow

Still a newb, but I'm getting there.
    05-26-12 01:47 PM
    Able to flirt with the chicks with BBM on my 1st BB. Wow .. Things got more interesting afterwards.....well until the apple fell from the tree
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-26-12 06:56 PM
    My first wow moment was when I rode a bike from Belfast to Bucharest(2100 miles in 46 hours) and it played music in my helmet, posted my location every 30 minutes to a website and facebook while connected to a bluetooth gps antenna(Curve 8320 had no built in gps). 2100 miles, 8 different countries to roam and never skipped a beat, I would just seemingly connect to the next network available in the next country I was crossing.

After that bike trip I was truly hooked on BlackBerry and BBM.
    05-26-12 07:12 PM
    My first was when I made my very first free UMA call from Thailand back to US number for an hour conference call. The best part was that I was able to walk away from the WiFi, took a cap to other destination without loosing connection for the whole call. Sweet! I told myself.

The more recent wow is when I used Bridge features..
    Last edited by doxa sub750T; 05-26-12 at 10:31 PM.
    05-26-12 10:22 PM
    My first wow moment was "wow I need to get rid of this thing!". I was also "wowed" when I realized BB did not have active sync.
    Last edited by SugarMouth; 05-28-12 at 10:50 AM.
    05-26-12 10:28 PM
    From 2009 I have been using a Blackberry, started with the Curve 8320 and then an 8520 then 9300 and now the 9900.

I think I have had many wow moments but the initial one was with my 1st. Just the ease of typing and being immersed into conversations cause me off guard.

Most recently the 9900. The keyboard and mixed with the touch screen, that experience I am still wowed by after 3 weeks. I hardly use the trackpad, and if I do, it is mainly when I am doing something using one hand.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App
    05-26-12 11:47 PM
    For me the WOW is how good is BlackBerry as a daily workhorse.

On a side note - never was satisfied by any other platform, including Symbian smartphones, WinMo, iOS and Android. Skipping WP for the moment but later this year will compare BB10 and WP8 hopefully
    05-27-12 01:01 AM
    Definitely powering up my 9930 after upgrading from a Storm 2. I love BB but the 9550 was just a pain to use compared to this.

Since then being able to keep my life going without a PC really. Being in IT I actually got tired of dealing with computers at work so in my personal life I don't have one. I check news via Blackberry News, keep up with Facebook Twitter and the like. I do light browsing, use Evernote, and have BB Traffic for GPS. (which is fantastic btw) I haven't needed a PC for three years now, and thus spend less time on the internet, and more time with friends and family. That'd be my biggest wow moment.
    05-27-12 01:36 AM
    My first wow moment with my blackberry was when I got it, and got to type on this amazing keyboard!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 05:07 AM
    I got my curve while I was working. The WOW factored in as I tried to figure out how to use this high tech Frankenstein looking device. It looked at me and I looked at it. One of us was gonna have to give, so I actually went through the instructions.
    05-27-12 05:33 AM
    2003. I was in outside sales and would have to to find a mobile hotspot or plug into a hotel room phone data port to check email (which is how my sales orders were received). My company sent me a 6710 as part of a beta test. I was able to track incoming orders and work on issues while making sales calls and yes, while driving.

67 series, 71 series, 8703, 8330, 9630, 9650, and now 9930. I love the keyboard. It is not a perfect device, but for what I need, it is the best option.

My next wow moment will be hopefully when I can disable the touch screen on my 9930 or BB10 device....
    05-27-12 07:25 AM
    My first WOW was when i used my saw the Blackberry bold 9000 keyboard.
    05-27-12 09:10 AM
    My first wow moment was while using a 8530. I just couldn't believe the way I could fly through tasks on this little old Curve.
    05-27-12 10:54 AM
    I got my bb 8900 just as it entered end of life but loved it then got a torch which was a big diff to browse etc now on 9900 which is just the business very fast reliable best keyboard ever also just got playbook just gettin used to I like but don't love yet ?? But for �129 bucks braw
    05-27-12 11:54 AM
    Wowing all day long.
    05-27-12 12:15 PM
    My first wow moment came about five years ago. I had bought an AT&T Tilt. It was my first smartphone. I had so many issues with it and it was such an ordeal to deal with AT&T customer service that I decided to switch carriers and get another phone altogether. I went to the Sprint store and the best smartphone they had was the 8330. I wasn't sure I was going to like it because it didn't seem as advanced as the Tilt. The first thing I noticed was how awesome the keyboard was. When I figured out that there were keyboard shortcuts and the glory of AutoText, I fell in love. I never had a problem with the phone. It became a joy to use as opposed to being a pain to use like my first smartphone. Since then, my go to device has been a BlackBerry. I actually went back to the 8330 for nostalgic purposes. I thought that I would get a kick out of it and then go to something else. I have had it for about five months (the longest stint I have had a smartphone in the last three years). I really don't have any plans to upgrade to anything else. This phone still does everything I need it to do. So you can say that my wow moment continues to last. I am wowed everyday that this device continues to be relevant for me.
    05-27-12 05:08 PM
    I had so many wow moments but one that never seems to stop would be email and bbm eh
    05-27-12 07:20 PM
    It was when I saw my dads work supplied 9000 which would later become my second Blackberry. From its great screen quality, amazing to use keyboard the fit and finish and I loved the vinyl backing on it. It felt like such a high end piece.

Didn't really have a wow moment with my 9700, liked it and all and it was by far the most reliable phone and the only Blackberry I bought brand new but it never endeared itself to me like my 9000 did.

My 9860 on the other hand after some initial teething issues it was actually me trying out a Samsung Note and various other Android phones that I was like wow! Its just so fluid and instant! Its the right size and I just love this thing.

My next wow was when I started using the Trackpad again on the 9860. I was having trouble on web pages selecting those little buttons on some websites and the Trackpad just made life so much easier. Really going to miss it if they stop putting it on the next generation of phones.
    05-27-12 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD