Are rim servers down?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 12:34 AM
    I'm getting the same error on attempts to connect to email setup, but other than that BIS seems to be working.
    07-15-12 01:43 AM
    What are you trying to do exactly? Set up email on your 9900?

Or just getting emails?

But I had the same problem recently. Setting up my email. I'd enter my password and then when I pressed connect. It'd give me that message. But one time I was connected to wifi and tried it. And it worked.

I don't know what the issue was. But try a battery pull, connect to wifi, etc.
    07-15-12 01:46 AM
    I'm getting the same problem here. No emails coming through to my 9930, but everything else seems to be working. Can't access the email settings either to resend service books. I get the same error message as stated above.

I'm on Verizon.
    07-15-12 01:48 AM
    Did you get your phones off ebay by any chance? I did and it turns out that my phone is an internal RIM device and was not to be sold. So RIM blocked my phone from BIS. No email or BBM. But the browser still works fine.
    07-15-12 01:55 AM
    Im on Rogers, and after not receiving emails I checked the Mail Set up and it says 'Your Device had a problem connecting to the server'.

help?

07-15-12 01:56 AM
    No it was working and then stopped, my phone has Rogers warranty. Looks like the servers are having issues or something if im not the only one.

07-15-12 01:58 AM
    Looks likes it's a well-known issue at this point. Seeing a lot of errors populate in our BIS log and a few customers complaining via Twitter. Seems to be RIM as my TELUS, Rogers, Fido and AT&T devices are all dead. Hmm.
    07-15-12 02:07 AM
    What do we do?

07-15-12 02:09 AM
    Well, I have no idea where you are, but it's just after 3am on the East coast... There may be a scheduled downtime window right now. Best to leave it till morning. Not a lot you can do at this point. Most people in North America are asleep right now, ergo a good time to work on things.
    07-15-12 02:14 AM
    We wait lol.
    07-15-12 02:17 AM
    Hopefully its up soon lol :s

07-15-12 04:01 AM
    Looks like it is coming back online. I'm starting to get email again albeit very slow.
    07-15-12 04:26 AM
    Moving the thread to a more appropriate forum, because it is certainly NOT news/rumor...

The obvious question is whether this has ever worked, and if so why are you trying to setup email - new, reinstall, etc...

The server in question is usually operated by the network provider in cooperation with RIM. A failure to connect to server during email setup could be any of:

* Server down, including failed ethernet path between the cellular (radio) leg and the server
    * Cellular data (radio leg) failure
    * Broken or incorrectly configured mobile device

If the problem persists I suggest trying to connect to the BIS server from a PC. That will rule out problems with the mobile device and cellular connection, and most of the possible problems in the LAN stage.

The other option is to wait for your network's helpdesk to come to life (Sunday???) and give them a call. Usually free, but you said Rogers...
    07-15-12 04:46 AM
    1. It wasn't just me (Rogers)
    2. No need to get rim defensive (im a fan too but im also a customer and want my emails)
    3. If you checked twitter, verizon, bell, telus and others were also not receiving emails.
    4. I went in to check my mail set up to see if anything was wrong and got that error(not a conspiracy)
    5. Legitimate concern, I want this company to survive as much as you do.

Thanks.

07-15-12 05:17 AM
    Did you get your phones off ebay by any chance? I did and it turns out that my phone is an internal RIM device and was not to be sold. So RIM blocked my phone from BIS. No email or BBM. But the browser still works fine.
    I did not get mine 2nd handed or refurbished..In fact I got mine totally brand spankin' new the very day it was released on Sprint at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI Sunday August 21st 2011...and early this morning, I also had E-mail intruption for about 2 hours. So used or brand new, RIM dropped the ball on there BIS for 2-3 hrs.
    07-15-12 07:02 AM
    I did not get mine 2nd handed or refurbished..In fact I got mine totally brand spankin' new the very day it was released on Sprint at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI Sunday August 21st 2011...and early this morning, I also had E-mail intruption for about 2 hours. So used or brand new, RIM dropped the ball on there BIS for 2-3 hrs.

Thats pretty awesome, I got my first bold August 2011 because the future shop guy messed up and thought they could sell it, it was a couple of days before the launch date!. And I agree, there was definitely BIS disruption from 3am-6am. Its fixed now and I am getting old emails finally. I think the forum mods get their panties tied up in the knot real quick as soon as there is any sort of RIM negativity. You are not helping rim by ignoring issues and trying to cover them up. Problems happen, and they also have to be addressed and fixed. My stuff is working now so I am happy!

Last edited by inthemix9; 07-15-12 at 07:58 AM.
    07-15-12 07:49 AM
    Hi Dears,

For my 9790 it's easy solved in 5 minutes. After replacing to a new BB device

1) Sure about local provider permissions.
    2) Shutdown and Removed the battery for 1 minute
    3) Restarted and get the password for activation.

That's all folks !!!

Regards

OB
    07-29-13 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD