View Poll Results: pick the one best describing your browsing situation preferences:

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB with OS6 or a 3rd party browser: Usually use full html pages even if wap is available

2 18.18%
  • BB with OS6 or a 3rd party browser: Usually pick wap pages if available instead of full html

3 27.27%
  • BB (OS 4/5 with built in browser ONLY): Usually use full html pages even if wap is available

1 9.09%
  • BB (OS 4/5 with built in browser ONLY): Usually pick wap pages if available instead of full html

4 36.36%
  • Android (any browser): Usually use full html pages even if wap is available

1 9.09%
  • Android (any browser): Usually pick wap pages if available instead of full html

0 0%
  • Apple device running iOS (any browser): Usually use full html pages even if wap is available

0 0%
  • Apple device running on iOS (any browser): Usually pick wap pages if available instead of full html

0 0%
  • I do not normally use my mobile device's browser for any internet use.

0 0%
    Ok, this thread came about because of some commentary in another thread and it got me wondering. Personally, since switching to android a month and a half ago I have used a wap page exactly once, just to compare the speed vs full html. Full html takes only around 4 seconds more to load, render, and display so I figured most people with a webkit browser or some flavor would go that route also. Apparently this isn't the case.

Please take a moment to vote, and also explain why you prefer one or the other if you have an extra moment available.
    10-16-10 09:32 AM
    While the full websites load just fine on the Webkit browser, most websites still forward the browser to the mobile site, from there I may choose to switch to the full site.

For sites like Facebook, this can be a PITA because it'll keep forwarding me back to the mobile site.

There really needs to be a way to fix that, we have a browser now that can handle most full websites but still get forwarded to mobile sites, there needs to be an option to turn that off.

Anyway, for CrackBerry, I just use the wap site because its simpiler.
    But if there are polls, I'd have to switch to full site to vote, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 10-16-10 at 09:48 AM.
    10-16-10 09:44 AM
    This poll is rigged. Lol us wappers can't even vote

J/K. I don't have my webkit browser yet. I will next week when I get paid. I don't think I will change to html. For what I do on forums wap just meets all of my needs. The things I miss out on are things I don't care to see any way the majority of the time. Such as avatars, ads and signatures. When you add that with what Mack pointed out its kind of a easy choice for me. I don't see a reason why I should go to more work to see things I don't necessarily care about seeing. Just my opinion

Last edited by Witmen; 10-16-10 at 10:08 AM.
    10-16-10 09:57 AM
    Even when I had my Andriod phones, I mostly used WAP as like others said, it was forwarded that way and for a phone, I can get by fine on WAP.

Don't vote very much...lol!

Honestly who cares who uses what form of browsing. Come on Tim, you are better than this.

10-16-10 10:18 AM
    I care because I'm curious. This has nothing to do with my character, this is because I was wondering how many people use full html vs wap. I knew what my browsing behavior is and wondered if other folks were the same or had other preferences.

Interestingly enough, my android only takes me directly to one mobile site and the rest directly to the full ones, at least out of the webpages and forums I visit on a routine basis.
    10-16-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD