I get 10 hours on a good day. 9 with a little more usage. But 10 hours is what I get most days. That isn't enough to get me through a day. My shifts are 12 hours long. My day (time between sleeping) is about 15 hours. I have to plug in my Z10 part way through the day.

10 hours is terrible. Many Z10 uses have to carry a spare battery or a car charger. I don't think most people would call that a good battery.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Fair enough, actually lately my "days" have been 5 hours at most(I'm a college student and I got it easy this semester lol) still wouldn't say it's a terrible battery life(not good but not bad) but it could be better.

Side note once my Z10 held strong for about 15 hours.

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    09-17-14 10:38 AM
    I'd say the contacts app. Just inconsistent and overall brutal.
    09-17-14 10:50 AM
    Fair enough, actually lately my "days" have been 5 hours at most(I'm a college student and I got it easy this semester lol) still wouldn't say it's a terrible battery life(not good but not bad) but it could be better.

Side note once my Z10 held strong for about 15 hours.

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    Enjoy those days while you have them my friend. College is a great time and it will be done before you know. Then you'll be in the work force, and the days will seem like forever!

Gosh I feel old having said that.

09-17-14 11:06 AM
    I'm going to weigh in with the Contacts app being the biggest black eye for BB10 at the moment. It's something that is considered basic to a smartphone, but it has truly bizarre problems. I had read people's complaints about it on here but never paid too much attention until recently. I was aware I had some duplicates, but I pretty much ignored it. Then I took a closer look and found ten, twelve, fifteen duplicates of some contacts. Others have massive numbers of "links" that, when unlinked, are empty. Some refuse to sync to my Outlook.com, or to be copied to it. It's a mess.
    09-17-14 12:15 PM
    individual photo albums lack any way to sort. You can only sort from the main photos category but will include all albums.

Verizon Z10. Latest released OS.
    09-17-14 12:27 PM
    Ecosystem and app gap - until we get Google services, the gap will always be there.

Browser workarounds and having access to a lot of the apps is not good enough, it's becoming annoying. It must be access to all the apps.

That's biggest peeve. We're sorely missing out as far as content consumption is concerned.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #AmazingSpeakers
    09-17-14 03:57 PM
    I just found 400 copies of one single contact. It has linked many of my contacts together, for as little as the same work phone number or part of their email address. And then i can't find the contact with search, for it has been merged... but when I re-enter the contact - it magically reappears. Makes me completely crazy.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 05:05 PM
    I just found 400 copies of one single contact. It has linked many of my contacts together, for as little as the same work phone number or part of their email address. And then i can't find the contact with search, for it has been merged... but when I re-enter the contact - it magically reappears. Makes me completely crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Well at least you will be able to contact that person easily.

My contacts have not been an issue apart from a couple of times on new contacts, they didn't appear on the list until after I sent a text to somebody. No big deal.
    09-17-14 05:32 PM
    Sorry, I'm not going to argue with you on this. There are definitely enough threads on CB to justify my statement that the batter is terrible.

No need to argue. Your battery is terrible, mine is mediocre. How is that?

I do charge my Z10 every second night, so that is about 40 hours with typically about 30% left. Admittedly a light user. But compared to other cell phones that came out in 2012/2013, the Z10 is about the same. I know my Z10 last longer than my girlfriend's Galaxy S3. I have bought her extra charging cables and a 3100mah external battery so her phone can maintain a charge at all times.

The Q5 battery lasts way longer than the Z10 however due to the bigger battery and smaller screen.
    09-17-14 05:43 PM
    Ecosystem and app gap - until we get Google services, the gap will always be there.

Browser workarounds and having access to a lot of the apps is not good enough, it's becoming annoying. It must be access to all the apps.
    There's really no hint of a possibility that BB10 will ever get Google Play Services. On the contrary, Google is making the leash shorter by urging Android app developers to use Google Play Services on all apps, so those apps will only run on approved Android devices. For anyone who really wants access to all Google Play apps, this goes beyond the level of a peeve. It's an insurmountable reason to get an Android phone.
    09-18-14 08:46 AM
    Device runs way too hot and uses way too much power when used, even when the screen is off. I have it pushing Waze up to an AppRadio via HDMI, and streaming Pandora, and a 1A USB power port off the radio can't keep up with the power drain. Left house at 100%, got to work an hour later, just running Waze up to the screen and no Pandora, and it was 73% when I got to work. I think the radio and the processor are just not efficient enough and a newer device with better battery, and more efficient internals is needed.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Rello likes this.
    09-18-14 08:58 AM
    My non battery peeve is, I got the white Z10 and the back is slippery so I had to put a cover on it.

Z10
    09-18-14 09:12 AM
    My biggest issue is incoming call becomes silent when my ph is in pocket.

People say to use holster, but it becomes heavy.
    Whts the use of Os, when it makes incoming calls silent and no vibration.
    09-18-14 09:40 AM
    Device runs way too hot and uses way too much power when used, even when the screen is off. I have it pushing Waze up to an AppRadio via HDMI, and streaming Pandora, and a 1A USB power port off the radio can't keep up with the power drain. Left house at 100%, got to work an hour later, just running Waze up to the screen and no Pandora, and it was 73% when I got to work. I think the radio and the processor are just not efficient enough and a newer device with better battery, and more efficient internals is needed.

Yup. Terrible battery and power management.

Rello likes this.
    09-18-14 12:10 PM
    Please... No more battery gripes 0_o

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad �
    09-18-14 09:38 PM

I haven't had this problem with Pandora but I've experienced it with Waze. However, I had the same issue with Waze on my S4; it caused the device to heat up bigtime. I suspect a problem with the way Waze itself is written, because I'm not seeing this with other apps.

Posted from my Q10.
    09-19-14 05:53 AM
    Please... No more battery gripes 0_o

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad �
    Haha its hard for people to not gripe about it. That's really the biggest gripe with the phone. Pretty much everything is OS related

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 12:28 PM
    Haha its hard for people to not gripe about it. That's really the biggest gripe with the phone. Pretty much everything is OS related

Posted via CB10
    And aside from the battery there aren't to many specific gripes. It's starting to show its age after 18 months, but overall the Z10 is a pretty decent device.

09-19-14 12:35 PM
    One thing that I expected was multiple touch select for e-mail deletion. It was there on my Torch, and made cleaning up the inbox a breeze. Pinch between two e-mails and all the in-between ones are selected. Tap selected ones to unselect them while keeping the others selected. Then delete. Easy!

Now it's Overflow-> Select More and individually tap to select. Slow!

edit: 10.3 is a little better with the File/Delete option beside each message... but still doesn't allow group touch select.
    09-19-14 02:15 PM
    I haven't had this problem with Pandora but I've experienced it with Waze. However, I had the same issue with Waze on my S4; it caused the device to heat up bigtime. I suspect a problem with the way Waze itself is written, because I'm not seeing this with other apps.

Posted from my Q10.
    I think it is any app using the GPS. I have the same issue with BlackBerry Maps, Waze, and Mireo all causing the device to run hot. When I run just Pandora and no Waze the device will charge over the USB port and not run hot.

09-19-14 02:20 PM
    I have a couple, which has made me make the decision that im moving to iphone 6 in one week.

1. Contacts app: like, do I need to say anything more? Today i had to make an important call on a number i hadnt memorized. I opened my contacts app and it was all white. Tried calling through the universal search and it kept telling me that the connection to the contact couldnt be established and that it couldnt find the contact. And all those other issues (double contacts, multiple contacts, etc etc).

2. Apps obviously. I hate the android runtime and the fact that i have to do this and that workaround to make it work.

3. Music player sucks

4. It stops reading my sd card.

5. Phone gets really hot for no reason.

6. Double typing issues.

7. The camera doesnt take pictures quickly enough.

8. The listview bug that renders the phone completely unuseable. Everything just hangs.

9. The wifi bug.

These are the bugs that come to mind straight away. Hope BlackBerry gets it act together soon. Hopefully i can come back to BlackBerry one day where the fundamental issues are gone. Because i really dont wanna move to iOS. But I want my phone to just work and have the apps I need to use to communicate with my friends and colleagues. On whatever app they use.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    09-19-14 02:35 PM
    And aside from the battery there aren't to many specific gripes. It's starting to show its age after 18 months, but overall the Z10 is a pretty decent device.

I agree. I think that's why I want the PassPort. If the Z10 had a bigger battery, I'd be perfectly content until the next all touch device with modern specs came out. Like u said though, nothing else glaringly wrong with the device though IMO

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 03:25 PM
    I have a couple, which has made me make the decision that im moving to iphone 6 in one week.

1. Contacts app: like, do I need to say anything more? Today i had to make an important call on a number i hadnt memorized. I opened my contacts app and it was all white. Tried calling through the universal search and it kept telling me that the connection to the contact couldnt be established and that it couldnt find the contact. And all those other issues (double contacts, multiple contacts, etc etc).

2. Apps obviously. I hate the android runtime and the fact that i have to do this and that workaround to make it work.

3. Music player sucks

4. It stops reading my sd card.

5. Phone gets really hot for no reason.

6. Double typing issues.

7. The camera doesnt take pictures quickly enough.

8. The listview bug that renders the phone completely unuseable. Everything just hangs.

9. The wifi bug.

These are the bugs that come to mind straight away. Hope BlackBerry gets it act together soon. Hopefully i can come back to BlackBerry one day where the fundamental issues are gone. Because i really dont wanna move to iOS. But I want my phone to just work and have the apps I need to use to communicate with my friends and colleagues. On whatever app they use.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    You must be on stl-1... to have all those bugs ^^

My contacts app works perfectly...

I like the music player (simple & it works) head ph audio is acceptable (speaker not so much).

I've never had any SD card issues (backed up anyway).

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-19-14 03:25 PM
    You must be on stl-1... to have all those bugs ^^

My contacts app works perfectly...

I like the music player (simple & it works) head ph audio is acceptable (speaker not so much).

I've never had any SD card issues (backed up anyway).

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    Na u don't need to have that model to experience them bugs.

I've never had a problem with my contacts apps but reasons 3-6 I experience on a regular. I do think the music app is pretty basic. Yes it gets the job done but when u own a company like TAT, I expect a little more on a app that consumers will constantly use. Mine also just stops reading the SD card. A battery pull fixes it but let's be real...BB10 still doesn't really have quick reboots lol

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 03:48 PM
    The contacts app is a joke. The fact that something so fundamental can be so epically screwed speaks volumes.
    That is an os problem which is solved in 10.3. Not a devise problem

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 05:42 PM
64 123