Simple exercise. Please relate your best and worst experience with BlackBerry over the years.

This might be related to specific devices or specific days at work or play when BlackBerry made an impact on your life.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-19-17 01:56 PM
    Best mostly and worst BB10 maps! Keyone has it all

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-19-17 02:02 PM
    Best: whenever I m using OS10 especially using the hub

Worst: received text one night when flight mode was activated on my old Z10 ; the power button broke on my Z30

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 02:04 PM
    Worst was when I dropped my Classic and shattered the screen getting out of the car.

Best is whenever I see a fellow BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 02:34 PM
    Best was the day my first corporate BlackBerry arrived in the mail in 2004, which brought home that I really had landed the best job of my life to that point.

The worst was dropping my Z10 in the parking lot of Disney World and not being able to take pictures of my five-year-old kid's first trip to the park!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-19-17 02:46 PM
    Best opening the box and holding my classic for the 1st time.
    Worst, my classic dying on me and selling it on and it being resurrected. (Agony!)😭😭😭😭😭
    06-19-17 03:24 PM
    Best moments:
    Every single Berry I have used/owned the past decade.
    Launch of OS10 - leaks short before and the first year, so much excitement!

Worst moments:
    Right now.
    Seeing BBOS (OS10) and BlackBerry 10 device die.
    Seeing less support and no future for it.

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 likes this.
    06-19-17 05:22 PM
    Best: the emotion to start to use my first bb...9700.

Worst: when my 9790 stopped to have the upper locked button working and I tried to open it. Instead I broke it. Later I realized I could have been using other button to block the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 05:40 PM
    Best was when I got my Bold 9900 and Classic. just such gorgeous devices. Worse was when I sold them.
    06-19-17 06:39 PM
    Best: I was at a spa during a bad thunderstorm and the power went out. I helped employees there with the flashlight on my 9700 as they looked for extra candles and wrote down credit card info for when the computers came back up. I also tracked the storm and warnings with a radar app.

Worst: 1. I plugged my 2 week old 9700 into a bad outlet on vacation and woke up to the white screen of death. 2. I ran across the parking lot in a downpour and my 9700 got soaked. I took it apart and wrapped it in napkins and luckily nursed it back to health. 3. Trying to use maps on my Z10.
    06-20-17 07:55 AM
    Best: My daughter dropped the Passport THREE times in the parking lot walking from Six Flags back to the car and it surviving without a scratch.

Worst: My daughter plugged the micro HDMI into the slimport and killed the Passport. "Dad, I plugged in the cable, but why isn't it showing on the TV?" "What?!?! You can only do that with the Z10!"

All fond memories now.
    06-20-17 08:50 AM
    Best:
    -Discovering the simplicity and functionality of BBOS and BB10
    -Using and being productive on BB phones (especially the Passport)

Worst:
    -When my Z10 just kept heating up for no apparent reason and I had to sell it
    -When I couldn't get decent shots with my Passport because of its slow-to-focus rear camera
    -and when I inadvertently updated my Passport to 10.3.3 which messed up its radio network/signal, which in turn made it unusable
    06-20-17 09:45 AM
    Best: Every day I still get to work with a comfortably sized 9930 as an ally eager to unobtrusively collaborate with MY life's daily pursuits.

Worst: knowing those days are numbered.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-20-17 10:40 AM
    Best was a road trip through the south our TomTom died mid trip. I used my BlackBerry Torch to navigate using BlackBerry traffic. My wife's iPhone at the time did not support turn by turn navigation at the time. Sweet revenge from hearing multiple jabs about my "old" BlackBerry.

Worst was owning a PlayBook before pbos 2.0 .
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-20-17 11:02 AM
    Best - getting my tour, first smartphone for me. Then Z30.

Worst - Realizing I needed more before BlackBerry went android.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-20-17 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Hit enter too soon
    06-20-17 11:25 AM
    best: pretty much each of my seven BlackBerry phones was an improvement over the last (except for the 9930 to 9900 when I changed carriers).

worst: exchanging a defective PlayBook for another one instead of getting a refund and buying an iPad. bad choice. my iPad Mini is still worth more than 50% of its purchase price almost 3 years later. PlayBook was worth less than dirt within months.
    06-20-17 02:23 PM
    Best:
    Getting my Classic setup just the way I like it.

Worst:
    Not being able to answer calls on the Storm1

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    06-23-17 03:28 PM
    Best: been able to own pretty much every possible BlackBerry out there and the fact that I'm still using them in 2017 on a daily basis specially when everybody keeps saying that BlackBerry is dead. No BlackDroid or Iphony for me, no sir.

Worst: none really just a ton of lessons learned during the Berry journey.

Posted via P9982
    06-23-17 08:49 PM
    Best mostly and worst BB10 maps! Keyone has it all

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    Ditto. Maps has failed me many times.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 08:56 PM
    Best: Getting my BlackBerry Storm, my first Blackberry.

Worst: Breaking my Storm & being sent a Storm 2 as its replacement.
    06-23-17 09:45 PM
    Best - Joining the CrackBerry community after months of lurking, and the wonderful relationships it has brought me.

Worst - Losing 3 of those friends, when they passed on far too young.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-25-17 07:49 AM
    Best - Joining the CrackBerry community after months of lurking, and the wonderful relationships it has brought me.

Worst - Losing 3 of those friends, when they passed on far too young.
    Sorry to hear that. You are a vital part of the community.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-25-17 08:26 AM
    Best - first discovering BlackBerry with the BlackBerry Bold 9900 back in 2013. Yes, I was late to the party. Second best was the shift to the Priv late last year, after ogling it for almost a year before taking the plunge.

Worst - the longing for the Key One right now. Can't really justify getting a new phone right now, so that means I'm back to ogling until probably sometime next year.
    06-25-17 08:57 AM
    Worst: Didn't notice that my 9790 fell out of my pocket and smashed it when closing the car door.

Best: Replaced my busted 9790 with a 9900.
    06-25-17 09:24 AM
    Hmm... too many good ones to truly pick but one better "Blackberry moment" was probably a meeting with a significant vendor just a few months before Classic launch. A potentially contentious meeting involving about 6 or 7 of their relevant personnel and management. Started 7am and ran thru 2pm, as i recall. This vendor was strictly Apple. MacBooks, iPhones and iPads were all at the table. My 9930 was the only BB in the room. Possibly the only BB they had ever seen... at least "recently"... lol.

With pencil and pad at right hand, left handed 9930 fielded calls, emails, sms, mms, etc collecting invoices, POs, order specs, drawings, spreadsheets, etc, etc,... bridged PlayBook displayed relevant documents on their wall mounted screen. By the end of the meeting, we had arrived at suitable mitigation for issues i was sent to resolve and concluded the meeting. By this point, every Apple product in the room was plugged in charging. I'd swapped batteries twice during breaks. My wireless 9900 remained wireless throughout. The MacBook operator eventually just mostly deferred to me and my old Bold since i'd typically find the info well before she did. All in left hand! Right hand was strictly operating pencil and coffee mug. lol.

After the meeting we all converged for well deserved late lunch where their management seemed fascinated with my 9930. I let them play with it a little and noted passing glances between themselves. A few weeks later, they'd be working side by side with my crew on a project we were collaborating on. My crew still uses and favors 9900s for field work including spreadsheet editing. A few months later, that vendor ordered Classics and has been using quite a few BB since. I've heard they've recently ordered KeyOnes...

Worst? Loosing a major client due to failure of a coworker to disconnect a call on Q10. Client continued listening to "shop talk" and was able to infer critical info about his competitor's (also a client of ours) approach to a competitive bid they were both pursuing. He then called me, explained what had happened, expressed justifiable concern that it could have easily been his competitor learning about his bid, and dropped us. His integrity also led him to decline to bid that project.

We'd experienced several failures to disconnect on our ZQs during previous months but had just laughed them off. Not so funny, now. That client returned to us a few months later once we'd identified and mitigated the problem... "soft end". We've experienced ZERO failures to disconnect since returning to our physical "end" key 9900s and Classics. FWIW.

That is not to impugn only BB. "Soft End", in general, remains a potential privacy issue that hasn't even been popularly identified, let alone discussed. IMO.
    rayporsche and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-25-17 09:36 AM
54 123