I grow weary of all the arm chair CEO's pontificating about BlackBerry's shortcomings and weaknesses.

What I would like to see is some put your money where your mouth is action.

In addition to owning 4 Z10's, 3 Q10's, and 2 Passports, I have begun purchasing BES12 Cloud subscriptions.

At $23 per year, it is a great bargain adding greater security to my communications while helping BlackBerry replace its diminishing BIS revenues with a really great product.

BlackBerry Q10 driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    08-10-15 06:29 PM
    What are the benefits to a consumer or family?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 06:51 PM
    Yawn. I'll buy something if I need it. Not to bail out a billion dollar company.
    08-10-15 08:20 PM
    I might just look into this bargain.

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    08-10-15 08:27 PM
    Did BlackBerry just become a multi billion charity? I wonder why BlackBerry has not put up a PayPal donate button on their website yet.
    08-10-15 08:31 PM
    Only if they buy back my playbooks that I purchased. Or update them like they promised. Only then, will I consider the investment that you request

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-10-15 08:35 PM
    Only if they buy back my playbooks that I purchased. Or update them like they promised. Only then, will I consider the investment that you request

Now that you mentioned it, I already 'donated' $499 for BlackBerry's "PlayBook" project too as a one-time donation. I hope I have earned the right to beetch.

Edit: I just did the math. $499 earned me roughly 21 years worth of beetching right, assuming $23/year cost.
    08-10-15 09:28 PM
    If they offered an iCloud version of BES ie a consumer-centric version, I'd have problem forking $23 for that. Otherwise announce pre-orders for the Slider tomorrow if you want to see my money.
    08-10-15 09:39 PM
    Yes, I personally can do it with no problem... want to see more great products from them and use BB OS10...

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 09:56 PM
    Is this some kind of a joke?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 09:59 PM
    Honestly, $23 isn't a lot of money, but what does the average user get with a BES12 subscription? If I'm one person, what would getting this subscription do for me. I'm actually intrigued by the idea, but only if it offers me something other than a $23 donation. Please explain your OP to include the benefits, etc.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-10-15 10:37 PM
    As much as I advocate for BlackBerry, this donation would be a hard sell.

I believe in the free market economy before BlackBerry.

And before BlackBerry, I experienced the gall of Nokia. Even though it broke my heart, I realized that it is not the end of the world.

If BlackBerry galls, some other companies will fill the void in the market to create an OS that focuses on productivity.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 10:50 PM
    Hahahaha....pathetic.
    08-10-15 10:54 PM
    I was curious what the response would be.

I have my answer.

BES12 does require effort to configure to each user's specific security needs.

But, alas the comments reflect what I pointed out in the beginning. Most user's do not care about secure communications and are unwilling to pay a small amount for the protection BES12 affords.

It has often been pointed out in CrackBerry forums that BB10 when combined with BES12 achieves a very secure communications environment.

$23 per phone per year is a real bargain compared to $250 for products like Lifelock or Identity Guard.

gvs1341, miker476 and wincyUt like this.
    08-10-15 11:15 PM
    I am actually interested in BES however I never really "bothered" with it since I thought it is only interesting for actual business and enterprise users - so companies who have multiple phones or simply more money to spend. But 23 dollars a year is like nothing. For example I already waved those free mail providers good bye and signed up for a small, independent and secure provider, which again charges a little more than a buck per month.

Is there any decent read up how BES works best for consumers? What kind of services do I get? Do I need my own server to run it, or do I book a server run by BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    OceanBerry likes this.
    08-10-15 11:39 PM
    If you want to see BB10 thrive, the last thing you should do is buy a BES12 subscription.
    08-10-15 11:39 PM
    I dunno, getting $0.99 out of the userbase is a tough proposition, let alone $23...
    08-10-15 11:42 PM
    I grow weary of all the arm chair CEO's pontificating about BlackBerry's shortcomings and weaknesses.

What I would like to see is some put your money where your mouth is action.

In addition to owning 4 Z10's, 3 Q10's, and 2 Passports, I have begun purchasing BES12 Cloud subscriptions.

At $23 per year, it is a great bargain adding greater security to my communications while helping BlackBerry replace its diminishing BIS revenues with a really great product.

I'd pay $12 a month for BBM Meetings. In fact, I think I do. It's a pretty good UI and decent software. I have no purpose for BES12. And, frankly, I'd rather send the board the message that Chen needs to go than donate to help make the guy's stupid theory into a reality. Chen better hit a home run with the slider or else I'm going to vote with my feet...
    chgaida likes this.
    08-10-15 11:43 PM
    Want to support BlackBerry and actually like their products? Buy a new one when it comes out and sell your old one. Passport Silver Edition seems like a good upgrade to the original PP, owners would be better served upgrading to that device and getting real material functionality out of it than a $23 annual charity dump. I've bought a new BlackBerry every year since 2008 from the 8100 all the way to the Classic. 8 phones, one tablet and 200 shares exchanging hands later and I think I've earned my badge around here.

If you own 9 BB10 products AT ONCE, you've certainly done more than your "fair" share.
    MTL likes this.
    08-10-15 11:49 PM
    Exactly.

08-11-15 02:37 AM
    Aren't you John Chen?
    I was curious what the response would be.

I have my answer.

BES12 does require effort to configure to each user's specific security needs.

But, alas the comments reflect what I pointed out in the beginning. Most user's do not care about secure communications and are unwilling to pay a small amount for the protection BES12 affords.

It has often been pointed out in CrackBerry forums that BB10 when combined with BES12 achieves a very secure communications environment.

$23 per phone per year is a real bargain compared to $250 for products like Lifelock or Identity Guard.

08-11-15 02:42 AM
    Hmmmmm..........maybe. But only after BB has marketed and advertised all the new devices launched this year.
    stimpyaw likes this.
    08-11-15 03:37 AM
    If someone has a true need for a BES subscription or likes to collect BlackBerry handsets out of a personal interest that is one thing.

However, it is a nonsense that the user base has to bail out a failing company by making goodwill purchases. Also, this is a thing that won't work anyways. Even if I'd buy 100 BlackBerry phones just for fun, it wouldn't help them a lot.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    08-11-15 03:38 AM
    The OP makes me wonder how many people out there actually have a BB10 device. Here is one person who claims to own 9 BB10 devices. How many other BB10 users have done the same thing? I've personally seen an awful lot of them here.

Crazy to think that BB10 devices are still a huge commercial failure even with all of the people like the OP who buy multiples of them as charitable donations.

On a side note, I own exactly one OnePlus One. It is such a great device that I'm not looking for anything new at the moment and I've even decided to skip on upgrading to the OnePlus Two. I can easily afford something new, especially the OPT, but I don't need nor want something new.

BB10 devices must either fall apart fast, leave owners so unsatisfied to where they constantly feel the need to upgrade or just simply cause their owners to feel like giving their money away to a multi-billion dollar company in a pathetic attempt to help them.

Either way, it is a strange thing.
    08-11-15 05:22 AM
    Charity for a corporation?? . Not!

Via my HTC One M9...
    08-11-15 06:39 AM
110 123 ...