With today's news I can't help but wonder how potential buyers of smart phones will feel. I already have my Z10 but I'm almost certainly going to switch to a more stable platform in a years time.

Are you going to keep your blackberry In a years time or go to a different platform?

Posted via CB10
    frendon3279 likes this.
    08-12-13 09:27 AM
    i am going to stay. today's news while depressing does not mean that BBRY won't be around in a years time. look at other companies that have done this....some go under, some come back stronger, it is just to early to make a decision.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    08-12-13 09:35 AM
    I already use multiple platforms, pretty much everything except iOS is ok with me. I look forward to getting a device running Jolla Sailfish and Mozilla Firefox next. So I'm not really concerned if BB10 goes the way of Palm. I will admit, today's news made me consider putting my last LE BlackBerry Z10 up for sale before its value dropped any lower, but after checking the prices they are going for, there really isn't much of a point in selling it now.

If I was the type of person that only uses one type of smartphone, and that one type of smartphone was BB10, I think I'd be a little worried right now.
    08-12-13 09:41 AM
    Stay...the news isn't even definitive and it's been suspected for awhile. It may very well go private or license BB10 or hardware manufacturing. How does anyone expect a turnaround so quickly. Apple and IBM certainly did not get where they are today in the same time BB has been working on turning around.

Im not saying BB is flawless or infallible, but don't be rash with your decisions because of news that changes daily, stock that's manipulated beyond belief and rumoured products and specs. THAT is ignorant and foolish.
    08-12-13 09:46 AM
    Riding until the wheels fall off!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-12-13 09:46 AM
    Staying, crying.

T_T

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-12-13 09:49 AM
    I'm not going anywhere! I'm here till the end.
    08-12-13 09:49 AM
    Before asking this question wouldn't it be important to know what exactly will happen with BlackBerry. These type of speculative "parlor games" are by and large senseless.
    I mean really, people are acting as if the folks in Waterloo are packing boxes and having a tag sale on the corporate front lawn. Let's wait a little more than 6 hours before writing the obituaries and post mortems.
    08-12-13 09:53 AM
    Where would I go? BlackBerry forever...or at least until they are sold and have a new name

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    08-12-13 09:55 AM
    Blackberry wouldn't be looking at these kinds of options if sales were improving. This is a sign that the turnaround plan isn't working. The idea that they have plenty of time to burn all their cash is false.
    boi2012, R_from_Toronto and Etios like this.
    08-12-13 09:59 AM
    potential buyers of smart phones will feel.
    I would imagine that, a lot the whole "BB10 onto PlayBook" thing that the majority of the retail public would be unaware.

Having said that, I'll do what I always do:- wait until whatever device I'm using is on it's last legs, evaluate what is available or scheduled at that time, and make my decision based on that. Who knows what the next 12-18 months holds as far as tech is concerned - it's far too early to take that call
    bob_tn, Mecca EL, auditman and 5 others like this.
    08-12-13 10:01 AM
    What may happen could actually turn out for the best. Imagine Fairfax, Canada Pension Plan, and Samsung (with a small stake) taking BlackBerry private. They would have the cash and tech support to keep going.

Posted via CB10
    stevenjamesclark likes this.
    08-12-13 10:08 AM
    As far as I'm concerned I use a phone because I like it...

But things really don't sound good for the company now and given the amount of shares I've bought I'm must say I'm pretty worried.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    08-12-13 10:10 AM
    well has for me im gonna stay a lil while longer but i have to say im sad to see this happen but who knows
    08-12-13 10:13 AM
    Leaving ... HTC ONE + iPHONE 5S
    soren203 and Jammo like this.
    08-12-13 10:14 AM
    Here for the long haul!
    08-12-13 10:15 AM
    Before asking this question wouldn't it be important to know what exactly will happen with BlackBerry. These type of speculative "parlor games" are by and large senseless.
    I mean really, people are acting as if the folks in Waterloo are packing boxes and having a tag sale on the corporate front lawn. Let's wait a little more than 6 hours before writing the obituaries and post mortems.
    Unfortunately, that's not how this will play out on CB for the entire week, at the very least. Notice how the focus of several thread starters is already on the word "sale" and nothing else in the press release?
    08-12-13 10:17 AM
    Somehow I feel a lot of developers are going to leave, or make those developers on the fence, an easier decision for them.
    Akuji_ism and Geeoff like this.
    08-12-13 10:17 AM
    I'm riding the BB roller coaster until my false teeth fall out.

Come on my BB comrades...............CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGE.
    08-12-13 10:18 AM
    Unfortunately, that's not how this will play out on CB for the entire week, at the very least. Notice how the focus of several thread starters is already on the word "sale" and nothing else in the press release?
    Exactly. Not just in CB but also in the mainstream media. The headlines are all over the place now saying "Blackberry up for sale". The "rational minds" argument is moot.
    08-12-13 10:20 AM
    Honestly unless the company is seriously burning cash like Nokia then there is not a need to worry about your phones not being supported or the company not being around. I see them being taken private by Fairfax (Prem Watsa stepped down for conflict) and Canada pension plan group and then maybe trying to create a partnership with another company like Lenovo who needs someone to get into the American smartphone market with, can produce hardware cheaply (great supply chain), allows BB to compete in markets like China(and other Asian countries) and also has a large standing in markets like BB such as enterprise with their computer business. Another partnership could be with IBM for enterprise services.
    auditman, Shekeese and keypad like this.
    08-12-13 10:22 AM
    Staying.

I love my Z10 and now that there is no BIS it doesn't matter if the company who made the phone stays in business or not.

I would miss the leaks, but I can survive on B@stard Hybirds.

Blackberry till the end!
    08-12-13 10:23 AM
    I have only had my phone for a few months. I have a contract with a phone company which will provide me service. I see no reason to panic and jump ship. As far as I'm concerned, I have no motive to change devices as long as my Z10 works for me. And it does.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 10:24 AM
    No reason to get rid if it, so I'll keep mine.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    auditman and GRojasHruska like this.
    08-12-13 10:25 AM
    It depends if they get there apps together. I don't care about games, but apps like vine etc are for a 19 year old boy nice to have. Otherwise, it will be a HTC One or Iphone 5S, sorry Blackberry.
    08-12-13 10:26 AM
624 123 ...