View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your OS ?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 64.58%
  • No

20 20.83%
  • When is OS6 coming out !!

14 14.58%
    It's crappy, ancient, old, stale, outdated, aged, and tired. Who could be satisfied with that crap. Most will be happy when the new browser arrives (for select devices) and it will still be years behind iPhone and Android. RIM stinks right now. They need to stick to enterprise because it's not "cool" to have a blackeberry anymore. All of it's features are optimized for business use and that's it. Consumers took a business device for personal use and think it's going to get better. LOL @ RIM releasing another device this year that will be a mixture of the Storm and 9700. 2 versions. One with 3G and the other without.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-26-10 at 02:27 PM.
    03-26-10 02:25 PM
    I am satisfied...however there is always room for improvement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 02:34 PM
    I voted No because there are some areas that need a lot of improvement but overall Yes I am happy with the OS...

Cheers,
    Charlie
    03-26-10 02:48 PM
    The question could have been "How Satisfied Are You" to see the level of satisfaction or dissatisfaction.

1. Extremely Satisfied
    2. Satisfied
    3. Somewhat Satisfied
    4. Neutral
    5. Somewhat Dissatisfied
    6. Dissatisfied
    7. Extremely Dissatisfied

I would be right above Neutral at Somewhat Satisfied.
    03-26-10 03:19 PM
    more then happy with RIM OS on there phones!
    03-26-10 03:24 PM
    Very satisfied. Will vote at my PC when I get there.

03-26-10 03:53 PM
    I would change a few things, but it just works so it evens out.
    03-26-10 04:05 PM
    It's simple and effective.
    03-26-10 04:33 PM
    Yes I am more then satisfied with my OS and I got 4.6.1.259 I don't need any fancy OS upgrade I think its good enough

03-26-10 06:38 PM
    RIM OS's are rock solid. Especially when you look at toys like the iPhone and Android. RIM has always been the leader and always will be! RIM is mainstream in the global business world and no other smartphone manufacturer can change that.
    03-26-10 07:24 PM
    Sadly, not satisified. After seeing what Android has to offer, I have to say that I would consider leaving my BB simply because of the OS. Our browser blows, that's one thing that's really hit me HARD after seeing my girlfriend's new android powered device, that and I just feel like our phones have a very ugly UI.

Functionality is OK, but at some point, aesthetics DO matter, and RIM has been either ignoring this or just plain BAD at it...
    Really?

If you want a better browser and can't wait for webkit if your phone will be supported, then try out 2.0 Bolt browser or Opera5 as those are worlds better than the stock sluggish browser.

I wouldn't trade my 9700 in over my my wifes mytouch3g anyday of the week. Her touchscreen is crap, especially for typing and her Internet is no faster than mine when I am on Bolt or Opera5. Yeah she has more an market for apps, but most of them are pointless as is with most apps on any carrier IMO.

My phone sounds better than hers as well when making calls to boot. Heck she sometimes wishes she stuck with BB and got a phone like mine.

Not sold on Andriod as I have played around a lot with the mytouch, some with the Cliq and a little time with Driod. Haven't been impressed with any of them.

Phones that do impress me were/are the Nexus One and N-97 as a retail guy had one and always liked Apples iPhone, but so many people have those...

It will take a lot to pry me away from this phone.

03-27-10 11:01 AM
    Storm 2 and I'm not happy. I'd be [way] less happier if the phone wasn't free.

The typing and text selection is abysmal. The MP3 playback is awful. I'm underwhelmed by the app selection and quality of what is available of what I've seen so far. (Truth be told: I don't use many apps.)

Yes, I am running 517.

Don't get me wrong: Email, messaging, and various business solutions are great, just like any other BB I'd imagine. And the camera is nice. However, as an all-around device (and nearly $200 4 months ago if I didn't get BOGO), it falls quite short.
    03-27-10 12:21 PM
    Happy? ... Umm mostly.. The OS does what I need to do and does it well (90% of the time lol). I have not had to do a single reboot/bat pull yet since upgrading to 5.0 Official.
    However, I do think RIM has gotten lazy and each "new OS" seems to be similar to the differences in Windows 98/98SE/ME.. almost no difference just a little improvement. I am waiting for and hoping they go beyond trying to improve this old OS.. Like MS has done with WinMo 7...
    03-27-10 12:28 PM
    I do really appreciate the simplicity and consistency of the RIM's OS, but I feel like it never moves forward. Since my first BlackBerry three years ago, I haven't noticed any leaps forward, just small incrimental steps at a time. I still prefer RIM's OS over the iPhone or android tho

03-27-10 04:29 PM
    There are 2 things that would definitely satisfy me with the OS:
    1) Better web browsing experience
    2) Ability to use the seperate large flash memory for applications, themes, emails, sms, etc.
    03-27-10 05:46 PM
    As a former BB user for the past couple years I finally gave in and decided I couldn't wait any longer for RIM to make the changes it needs to, a different way of storing apps and a browser, I'm constantly on the web looking things up and needing a complete web browser is a must. And I've never looked back
    03-28-10 06:21 PM
    I am fairly happy, but don't understand why RIM thought closing down the amount of screen for typing SMS is better than viewing a full screen.
    03-29-10 01:58 PM
    I'm wondering just how many different ways this same question can be asked..it's been beat to death. yes, I'm satisfied and yes, I'd like to see it move along, including the browser. End of story.
    03-29-10 02:03 PM
    I'm definitely satisfied. Would I kill RIM if 6 wasn't a huge GUI overhaul? No. It works, it works well. Could it be speedier/optimized? Sure. Would I object to a beautiful GUI? No, of course not. Its good enough to have me renew my contract with VZW early for a 9550.

There's way too much negativity here in my opinion. I'm content, and trays my argument.

03-29-10 06:29 PM
    the number 1 thing that keeps me with Blackberrys is there OS! I love the Blackberry OS!
    03-29-10 06:32 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD