If you were rims CEO, what would you do? Everyone says they can fix RIM but when you are "behind" its easier said then done. What chances would you make? What new "innovations" would you bring to the market? Yes I know dual-core, front and back camera, stable OS, some camera chat app, more apps. Everyone knows that's what they need. How would you go about doing it? What new innovated apps would you have build-in on the OS? A siri? I mean everyone says that RIM is trying to copy apple, but that is what everyone wants, those kinds of apps. Do you think RIM isn't going to have a dual-core, 2 cameras on their next device? So the bottom line is, how would you innovate RIM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 12:39 PM
    As a short term goal just to begin with I would eliminate all devices except the bold 9900 and the torch 9860/50 and begin to have some EXTREME innovation done as well having only two future BBX models the all touchscreen and the touchscreen/qwerty...
    11-23-11 12:53 PM
    As a short term goal just to begin with I would eliminate all devices except the bold 9900 and the torch 9860/50 and begin to have some EXTREME innovation done as well having only two future BBX models the all touchscreen and the touchscreen/qwerty...
    Remember the bold is the more expensive model. Not everyone can afford it. Outside of the US the curve is the big seller. You have to cater to everyone. You keep saying BBX, have you seen what BBX can do? What would you include in BBX?

11-23-11 01:04 PM
    I was thinking maybe hire hitmen to take care of the competition for you but I guess competition is good for everyone right???

Aside from the above...

BBM on competitor handsets. This one is kinda difficult to handle. Peeps say this is what keeps ppl on BB and if you give it to other handset makers you just may lose them as a customer for good. I don't think this is really the case. I think there is more to Blackberry than BBM. My idea is to allow someone who has a BB ID to take it with them to other providers. BUT ONLY if they have had a BB ID for atleast a year. SO...for example...Let's say I've been using BB for years now. But I am interested in Android. I could take my BB ID with me, use a Blackberry BBM App for Android and continue to use it on the Android platform. Then as CEO I would force an expiry date on it. Let's say 3 years. If after 3 years of using your BBM app for Android your BB ID would expire. The only way to reactivate it is to once again purchase a BB and join the BlackBerry ecosystem again.
    This could give a user access to BBM and make them happy while using a competitor's handset.
    It would keep the user using BBM now and into the future.
    It would grow the BBM population like crazy.
    It would show that BB still cares about you even after you leave them.
    It would give you a reason to come back to BB after your term is up on using a competitors handset.

That's about it. Hitmen and BBM supremacy!!!

Side note...Don't give this option to Apple. Screw them like Apple does to everyone else. IMO. Boy does this sound harsh.
    Last edited by steve911; 11-23-11 at 01:21 PM.
    11-23-11 01:17 PM
    Its a nice idea to have BBM out for everyone. But I don't see that being realistic. Also, BBM isn't even its main attraction anymore. I barely use it. But it is nice to have.

11-23-11 01:20 PM
    i would get an update/fix asap and get this bb 9900 error sorted asap
    and make it as easy as possible for everyone just sayin !
    i would be honest with everyone and admit that the bbx / qnx fones wont be
    here till next autumn
    and i would get that bloody os2 update out there officially for the playbook
    11-23-11 01:22 PM
    Sell all my stock and retire, buy a boat and hold monkey knife fights on international waters for my amusement.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    11-23-11 01:24 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ir-ceo-508284/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...on-rim-615451/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...s-plan-645834/

I'll lead with these 3 links, though I may have to do a full revision during when I want to take a break from budget work.
    11-23-11 01:52 PM
    Marketing to let people know about the new devices and how good they are. Seems like nobody knows how much better the OS 7 devices are over the older BlackBerrys.

11-23-11 05:10 PM
    you are rims new CEO, what would you do?

Take one look at the mess Mike and Jim left and then resign.

11-23-11 09:19 PM
    Get my hands on the new bbx phone and sit in my office while I played with it.

11-24-11 05:26 PM
    Open BB lifestyle stores in major markets and ratchet up print and television advertising campaigns. Give any new developers signing up a new unlocked BB of choice and a PB.
    11-24-11 08:11 PM
    Outside of the US the curve is the big seller. You have to cater to everyone. You keep saying BBX, have you seen what BBX can do? What would you include in BBX?
    Forgot to take that into consideration seeing as how i live in ?U.S. and the curve is frowned upon. I guess i would then have to incorporate the curve into the lineup for other nations. However i would not make a lower end Torch 9860 such as the curve touch. It would be limited to those three devices. I believe that two many options is stressful as well as two few options so i would limit it to those three and continue to try to make the BB expedience better.

The next step would be to regain the trust of the consumers and to develop a strong app community. First thing though would be not to give any information WHATSOEVER!!!! about any devices or anything until they were in there final stages or already completed so as to keep up with the Schedule. ( ans also to build anticipation )
    11-25-11 02:13 PM
    Make a more consumer based eco-system more widely available. Pretty much, break into the content provider side of things. And it does NOT have to be via apps! Again, I repeat, RIM will be fighting an uphill battle trying to attract people based on app count. Yes apps are important, but that's not where the future is headed. Apps are becoming a thing of the past and anyone who thinks more apps are going to save the day is just thinking hindsight, and everyone has that and it's always 20/20. The next big wave that is already taking place is content in the form of media (books, music, movies, personal media, etc).

The main reason why iPhone did so well is because there was a massive culture and eco-system in existence to support it. How they do this is a different story. Best/quickest way to do this is to team up with an existing content manager/provider or just buy one out. BBM was a good start in the right direction, but by no means a contender for alternatives out there.

Also, make it more available to people other than just BB users. People nowadays want content whenever and wherever they are regardless of what's in the hand or in front of them. Consumers are moving towards content, not just hardware these days.

And market, market, market the damn thing. It's not the better product that wins, it's whatever gets promoted more to the point where everything else is compared to it and it becomes the standard of how "it should be". That may be some time from now, but remember, the iphone just came out 4 years ago... Pay movie companies, sponsor celebrities, etc. or whatever gets it in the mainstream more and NOT to just the enterprise niche...
    Last edited by jranciano; 11-25-11 at 04:10 PM.
    11-25-11 04:06 PM
    You are rims new CEO, what would you do?

1. Continue developing the BBX/QNX platform and have more transparency with the general public about whats taking place behind the scenes. Get the people excited!

2. Fire everyone in the sales/marketing departments and replace them with a large team of reps who will travel North America to promote and sell Blackberry products.

3. Do what I could to "get in bed" with Google so Blackberry devices would be able to run apps such as Google+. Google is whats happening these days...

4. Either take App world in an entirely new direction to be competative with the Apple Store and Android Market, or work out something where all new BB devices would run Android apps.

5. Provide major sales/deals to customers in North America in order to gain back business. It isn't fair that everyone else over seas gets "special pricing" and we have to pay full price for an inferior device. Bull****.
    11-25-11 06:01 PM
    You are rims new CEO, what would you do?

4. Either take App world in an entirely new direction to be competative with the Apple Store and Android Market, or work out something where all new BB devices would run Android apps.

5. Provide major sales/deals to customers in North America in order to gain back business. It isn't fair that everyone else over seas gets "special pricing" and we have to pay full price for an inferior device. Bull****.
    To run apps on other phones isnt that simple. For the playbook they are running the Android apps through an emulator. If it was just that simple like "hey apple/google can i use ur app store so my costumers can have apps?" the developers would be in love with that idea but the apps are for OS of a device and its hardware.

They should definitely have discounts other than just the provider contract discounts. Also in other countries they are buying the cheaper phones. I wish ur ideas could be reality lol
    11-26-11 01:06 AM
    Get some people into the Retail Stores to counter all the dalesman who try to push people to Android device and make false statements and claims about RIM products.

Target the carrier with some promotions to gain more exposure. In store displays and such.

I would also push really hard to get some development agreements made with the top dev's of apps that sell well on the other platforms. Real projects with milestones and dates to be met and start informing the users about what's on deck and what to look forward to.

With all those BlackBerry ID's out there, I have yet to get a single promotional or other communication from RIM. If you buy an Apple product you get links to instructional videos, app recomendations, etc.

Lastly, I would seriously reach out to Google and work on better gmail and google apps integration. You get a few good native apps for services like Google Docs, Music, G+, etc and RIM gains some serious ground.
    11-26-11 02:05 AM
    1. Actually fully TEST the software before it's released for bugs and problems and solve them before the phone/tablet actually goes out for sale.

2. Approach Android and maybe look at a partnership, and work together to build maybe a joint phone allowing apps of both Blackberry and Android to work on it.

3. Improve battery life on all BB devices!!!!

4. Advertise more! I've only seen the Playbook advert on tv ONCE and that was yesterday! Throw products into peoples faces!

5. We need a damn load more apps on both the phone and tablet areas. Maybe reaching out to developers and people in that area may help.

6. Finally, Rim's market share is wavering, with playbook sales getting shot down at the start however now with the discounts they are getting sold gradually. Phone sales, after the incident of blackout of connection, has got people changing. RIM seriously need to sort problems like this out. NO other phone company like Apple/Android has blackouts. So finally, I'd sort these sort of problems out.
    11-26-11 03:26 AM
    Beesh1 - MobileMe was a disaster when it was first released, people lost years of email, contacts, etc when the switch was made from .Mac and iCloud users are experiencing a lot of issues as well.
    I just think it is easier for the tech bloggers and writers to bash RIM and give Apple a mulligan because of the relationship factor and the products they get to review. I don't think I have to name any sites, but the most popular ones are VERY biased toward anything made by Apple and Android is the next in line because every week a phone is released that out-specs last weeks model. They get more shiny new toys to review and write about and that leaves BlackBerry pretty far down on the list.
    11-26-11 06:18 AM
    I want jtels as CEO. Great points and agree with all of them... Especially about android apps and marketing.

11-26-11 08:49 AM
    I would get a marketing department! Period! Full Stop! Many of the ideas in this thread are good ones. Some are silly. Even the best ideas won't save Blackberry if they dont sell the fact that their product is superior.
    They are superior in so many ways. But would you know it. Cool is what sells. The only advantage of cool is its fun to play with and there are more accessories and apps for Android and the iDont. Why is that, because they sell more. Why do they sell more because so far BBY is incapable of selling the fact its products are more reliable, function better. Since when is function, practicality and usability cool?
    11-26-11 04:44 PM
    I don't get it. The only people I hear putting down BB is on this forum. If you want Siri go get a ip4 s. Vlingo does just fine on my Torch and my Bold. Other oses has some cool stuff so does Rim. Once Rim puts on the mask of the other oses it cripples itself and just becomes another android device. If you don't like Rim stay away from Black Berrys.
    If I was the new CEO I would make sure we stayed focus on what we where doing and not get hung up on Siri. Rim needs to keep their idenity and keep doing what they do best.
    11-26-11 04:48 PM
    I would stay focused on everything and make sure **** got done. But that's me.
    11-27-11 04:01 AM
    fewer models.

promote the devices to kids, teens, 20s, 30s, the much elder market has been lost to iOS i think

a few innovative commercials would do no harm (i still remember the palm commercial with that girl in the train and the guy and the girl sending/receiving the infrared contact details - made me get a palm which was utterly useless as i was just in high school back then but it was cool!)

promote, innovate, expand bbmm

make bbm more flashy like beejive

open more official bb stores

make people in movies use them

and make sure crackberrykevin's bb doesn't brick
    11-27-11 09:51 AM
    Every one says innovate? But thats it? What innovation would you guys have? See it isnt that easy to come up with an "innovation"

11-27-11 09:54 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD