Called AT&T to ask why my signal and data service on my 9700 were so intermittent, and they said (don't laugh yet) I live EXACTLY between two towers and they fight over my bb9700 till nobody wins and I get cutoff (phone and data!) I said what can I do? This is unacceptable and tech rep said nothing can be done and maybe another tower like T-Mobile or Verizon wouldn't fight over my phone?! Wtf? I been loyal bb and AT&T customer over 5 years, never late on a bill- change companies was their answer? You guys have any ideas? Thanks in advance, you guys have always (5 years running) took care of me and my bb's- Rick B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 11:03 PM
    Many people that have intermittent services in their home will get a wireless repeater either on their own or purchase one through AT&T customer service.

more info here:

AT&T Wireless Frequency Information for Cellular Repeaters, Boosters | RepeaterStore

AT&T Wireless Repeater Amplifier Frequency Information

The only thing I think that might smooth out your connection related to the BB is putting your manage connections to 2G/EDGE only. 3G tends to be more splotchy at any given time. hope this helps
    11-12-10 11:20 PM
    A repeater kicks *** dude, why not get one?

11-13-10 05:31 AM
    Exactly. Like building a tower in your backyard. If it works - problem solved.
    11-13-10 08:45 AM
    I agree, repeaters are awesome.

11-13-10 08:57 AM
    After years of hearing excuses, I finally switched carrier, problem solved
    11-13-10 11:29 AM
    ATT sux. Left them and went back to Verizon. Never a dropped call since

11-13-10 07:35 PM
    ATT sux. Left them and went back to Verizon. Never a dropped call since

While it may be true for you, it does not mean it is for everyone.
    11-14-10 07:38 AM
    They all seem to suck in my apartment for some reason and I live downtown fort worth so you'd think I'd be ok.

11-14-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD