...You accidentally try to scroll through a page using the side wheel.

I haven't used a side wheel equiped BB in years! Just now I opened a web page and my finger went to right side volume rockers. I even tried swiping them to spin the wheel before I realized I have a 9700...

Whoops! I'm getting decripid in my old age :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pkcable likes this.
    12-07-10 10:11 PM
    Hahahahaaa. I found this highly entertaining.

12-07-10 10:12 PM
    That is pure awesomeness. Gotta love that muscle memory. The body and mind are mysterious things...
    12-07-10 10:25 PM
    I STILL do that! I still miss my wheel!
    12-07-10 10:28 PM
    I did the opposite on my old supervisor's retroBerry. I initially went with a swiping action where the trackball would normally be. The trackwheel wasn't so bad, actually.
    12-07-10 10:30 PM
    The track wheel rocked. I don't think I could go back to using one though. Sure loved it on my 8700.

Anyone remember the uproar that happened when RIM said they where going to the trackball? Lol
    12-07-10 10:49 PM
    Lol thats great.

I will always have a love/hate relationship with the trackball. Never a problem on my 8830 but a ton on my 8330
    12-07-10 10:53 PM
    I got to use one for a bit with the wheel. I think I liked the trackball better than both the trackpad and the wheel though. Being able to control in multiple directions was handy.

Of course touch screen trumps both...
    12-07-10 11:08 PM
    i have the 8330 currently and i feel that the ball gets "off" every once and a while....it will stop "grabbing" and scroll freely for a second or two without actually scrolling the screen....
    12-08-10 06:13 AM
    Oh my goodness! I even was considering a blackberry with the wheel at 18! Glad I wish RIM had kept the wheel and used it for the volume control, it would have rocked!

12-08-10 06:42 AM
    that is just awesome!
    12-08-10 06:44 AM
    I never had the pleasure of using such devices! I came into the game kind of late in terms of that! I'd like to see what they're all about though.

12-08-10 06:44 AM
    Isn't there an app that will allow you to scroll with the side volume keys similar to how the track wheel used to function?

12-08-10 07:04 AM
    I've done the opposite also. When I was a Storm user and I had to help my dad on his curve I would sometime bash on his screen trying to press a button, or select an icon, forgetting that I couldn't! "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING!!!!!!!!"
    12-08-10 07:37 AM
    I loved the thumb wheel. I still have a few of my old 72xx's. I will sometimes just use them for a day or two. Younger people ask me what it is lol.
    12-08-10 07:59 AM
    Lol wow! I haven't even seen a 7200 series device in years!
    12-08-10 09:35 AM
    For Propa!!!!!!

12-08-10 01:50 PM
    I remember blackberries being handed out in that MTV show Pimp My Ride, like hotcakes. It always occurred at the end, too.
    12-08-10 02:02 PM
    I started out on a 7290, still miss that sucker!
    12-08-10 02:08 PM
    I've done the opposite also. When I was a Storm user and I had to help my dad on his curve I would sometime bash on his screen trying to press a button, or select an icon, forgetting that I couldn't! "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING!!!!!!!!"
    Somebody was taking a picture of me and my family with my 9000. They were having lots of trouble getting the camera to work and then it would go black. He said "I just push this button in the middle, right?". Of course, to me the "button" is the trackball, but he was pressing the blue camera icon on the screen...
    12-08-10 02:22 PM
    I've got one I still do; While working on my desktop, pressing and holding a letter to capitalize it

P.S. haven't had a track wheel flashback in a while.
    12-08-10 02:35 PM
    I've got one I still do; While working on my desktop, pressing and holding a letter to capitalize it

P.S. haven't had a track wheel flashback in a while.
    Or double-spacing and expecting a period to show up.
    12-08-10 02:51 PM
    Or not worry so much about my spelling because I KNOW the BB will auto correct it. And expecting the same on my PC, but it don't happen!!!!!!!
    12-08-10 03:03 PM
    the 7290 was one of the most indestructible phones ever made. if you placed it in your shirt's breast pocket it would stop a bullet (if someone shot you in the heart).

got ice build-up on your car and you don't have a scraper? use your 7290.

The only phone i felt was more solid was the 7100r (or t). it was the only smart phone i felt more safe to carry around in shady neighborhoods. if someone was trying to mug you; pull out your 7100r and bonk them over the head with it. you could seriously hurt someone with that phone.

if you had a piece of marble rock in your back yard that you wanted to carve up; pull out a hammer and a 7100 and become Raphael

i really miss that phone; even though if i wore it on my right hip i would have to walk to the left to keep moving straight

@Kevin : i believe the part of the mind that controls muscle memory is called "the zombie". really it's true!
    12-08-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD