09-08-10 08:16 PM
105 ... 345
tools
    The reason the device's horsepower doesn't come into play with Bolt or Opera is simply because their servers compress the pages, isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes. Your device does nothing but basically display the page. Bolt and Opera servers compress everything, that's why pages load fast.
    09-08-10 06:31 PM
    Gosh darn StormTroopers!

Tis a same. You ever write them about it? I am speaking of the beta version. Honestly, I haven't a clue why Bolt can, and RIM can't.
    I'm willing to give it another whirl, except that Bolt's website is only giving me the download link since I'm mobile; I'll whirl it tonight after work. What version numbers are we talking?
    09-08-10 06:48 PM
    I know it will be darn near impossible to believe, but my native browser loads full pages faster than Bolt. Pretty sure the RIM servers compress too, just not supporting flash.

I'm on Bolt version 2.11, available here.
    09-08-10 07:08 PM
    what part of going onto a forum for a product you don't own (or no longer own) and disparging the product don't u understand as being trollish behavior??? jeez! If you are done with the product, be DONE with it, including interacting with those that still use it. now there's a novel idea!! You are like the people that go onto Engadget to comment on iPhones if you are an android fanboi, or an iPhone fanboi who comments negatively on droid stories. is it any wonder that such comments get routinely attacked?
    I couldn't agree more...thing is, every since Andriod became so popular, this site has been bombarded with trolls...almost to the point that you would think this isn't a BB dedicated forum...kinda sad really.

AVT is a small culprit out of the likes of many others, but he trying, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 07:18 PM
    I know it will be darn near impossible to believe, but my native browser loads full pages faster than Bolt. Pretty sure the RIM servers compress too, just not supporting flash.

I'm on Bolt version 2.11, available here.
    Native seems to load faster than Bolt 2.1 here too. It's easier to use than Opera but not as smooth. Text entry is a breeze on forums, best of the three. Unfortunately it also seems to be doing more, put a serious dent in my battery gauge - not going to make my 24-hour mark today!
    09-08-10 08:16 PM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD