I'm really surprised that people still fuss about BB6 not being available for the 9000 and the 83xx series. The BB6 OS is 170MB+. That is more memory than either the 9000 (128MB), the 8320 (64MB) or 8330 (96MB). Even if you were to strip BB6 down to fit on the 9000, there wouldn't be any room for anything else.

It's not like iOS4 can go onto the original iPhone (or the second generation iPhone). We might see more 256MB devices getting a reduced version of BB6, but I wouldn't expect a BB that is over 2 years old to get it.
    iOS4 does go on the 2nd gen iphone, the 3G. It may run a little slower but what do you expect from a now 3 year old phone with 128mb of RAM?

Its totally different than a 1-1.5 year BB with 256mb RAM. Youd have no chance on and equally 3 year old BB like a Curve. Different generations of phones.

What you speak of is RIM's own fault for always putting measly memory on their phones and now its coming back to bite them leaving a lot of their users in the dust from getting OS6. That's the issue here. iPhone will never have that problem because they set up the architecture correctly using partitions of the internal memory, even a 4GB phone- the lowest capacity they ever offered- would fit any OS they release. The RAM may make it run slower, but it can at least run.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-06-10 at 11:07 AM.
    09-06-10 11:05 AM
    You mean like the millions of Storm apologists who got a phone that was never ever fixed and instead quickly replaced by a new model? There are apologists on all sides of the ball despite your personal hate for Apple.

And in fact proximity is fixed in 4.1 FYI, don't know where you got your misinformation from. Software bugs can easily be fixed, hardware can't.
    wake up! I took my S1's back for refund after 8 days and anyone else had the same opportunity. ANYONE who whines incessantly about a product they could have returned for a full refund just want to wallow in self-pity, as far as I'm concerned. You don't like something that's returnable? Take it back. My reasons for not liking Apple are too lengthy to discuss in detail, but you are correct--I am not an Apple fan, even though I own 10 ipods (between my wife and I)
    09-06-10 12:07 PM
    Who said YOU? Little sensitive are we?

What about the thousands of whiners in the Storm sections who whined and whined but kept their phones? Same apologists as you speak of. There are apologists of every device who whine but keep them for whatever reason they still like them in general.

And it isn't near millions of iphone users. The iphone has a higher consumer satisfaction rate than any BB out there by a big margin. That's just talking more nonsense not supported by the facts.
    09-06-10 05:29 PM
    I'm really surprised that people still fuss about BB6 not being available for the 9000 and the 83xx series. The BB6 OS is 170MB+. That is more memory than either the 9000 (128MB), the 8320 (64MB) or 8330 (96MB). Even if you were to strip BB6 down to fit on the 9000, there wouldn't be any room for anything else.

It's not like iOS4 can go onto the original iPhone (or the second generation iPhone). We might see more 256MB devices getting a reduced version of BB6, but I wouldn't expect a BB that is over 2 years old to get it.
    People are upset that the 8500 series and the Storm 2 aren't getting OS6, not older devices. These are all under a year old.

And one excuse for slow Blackberries that I've seen a lot is "the programs are simpler and the screens are lower resolution so you don't need a faster processor." To that I say a couple things: first, a processor that's perfect for a phone at launch leaves no room for upgradability. Second, it's like saying "a 2ghz processor with an 800x600 screen will run MS Paint faster than a 3ghz quad core processor running at 1920x1200 will run Photoshop CS5." It's certainly true, but the capabilities of the latter FAR outweigh the speed of the former.
    09-06-10 06:48 PM
    That my friends is the most intelligent statement in this whole post!
    ah, ever heard of Vista???? It was one rather large insect.
    09-06-10 10:33 PM
    you know, I am beginning to think that if I started a thread entitled: "My mother-in-law is a PITA with her Nokia" the thread would eventually digress into comparisons between iPhones, Andorid phones and BB's! Seriously folks, the OP started out by complaining about the low memory/slow processor of his Storm 1 (like many of you, I'm more supicious of the app than the phone) and now we're in to a complete device war, the very same of which can be found in 10,000 other threads here!
    09-06-10 10:45 PM
    You know it's not enough when.you're not running at 1ghz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 11:24 PM
    People are upset that the 8500 series and the Storm 2 aren't getting OS6, not older devices. These are all under a year old.
    I understand that and agree. I would love to see BB6 come out for my Tour.

But, the complaint I was responding to was about the person who was mad about the 9000 and 8330 - both don't have enough memory to load BB6, let alone anything else.
    09-07-10 08:49 AM
    But, the complaint I was responding to was about the person who was mad about the 9000 and 8330 - both don't have enough memory to load BB6, let alone anything else.
    Exactly. But two year old Android devices and Apple devices can. That's the point. RIM is stingy on the hardware side.
    09-07-10 03:07 PM
    Exactly. But two year old Android devices and Apple devices can. That's the point. RIM is stingy on the hardware side.
    and your greatest pleasure in life is (as a droid owner), to troll the BB forums? gee, maybe I need to hop on over to the droid or jesus-phone forums and give them a piece of my "infinite wisdom" about phones and my self-important opinion about the mfgrs of said phones. (pardon me while I go troll)
    09-07-10 03:20 PM
    Oddly enough, my problem with RIM right now is the same as my problem with Apple on the PC end of things: they overcharge for underpowered hardware and then claim "you're paying for the experience." It doesn't fly for me when Apple does it, so why would it fly for me when RIM does it?

I really like OS6 from what I've seen of it, I just wish we hard hardware and APIs that would push it to its full potential rather than just being "good enough" (read: RIM already had the hardware in stock so they're using it up, same as a lot of Apple's "deals").
    09-07-10 04:41 PM
    iTunes opens instantly on my MacBook Pro.
    Mine too... And it's from 2007.
    09-07-10 04:52 PM
    Mine too... And it's from 2007.
    be that as it may, Flash doesn't work so well on your Mac's, does it?
    09-07-10 05:16 PM
    @dave

Check your PM box. There's a crazy man stalking you.
    09-07-10 05:32 PM
    @dave

Check your PM box. There's a crazy man stalking you.
    me?? mine's empty at the moment.
    09-07-10 05:38 PM
    It wasn't me!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-07-10 05:38 PM
    It wasn't me!

Thnx, �Tripster�

not only that, it wasn't anyone!
    09-07-10 05:41 PM
    and your greatest pleasure in life is (as a droid owner), to troll the BB forums? gee, maybe I need to hop on over to the droid or jesus-phone forums and give them a piece of my "infinite wisdom" about phones and my self-important opinion about the mfgrs of said phones. (pardon me while I go troll)
    Who said that was my greatest pleasure? I'm not even trolling. Get a clue.

Go ahead and hop on other platforms forums. Fanboys are everywhere, maybe you found your calling?

This is an open forum. If you have a problem, report me. I am doing nothing wrong, but if you want to get your panties in a bunch, go for it.

I was a BB users for over 2 years. I have every right to post here and I can give a **** about your feelings towards this situation. Stop worrying about what other people do.

Also, the ignore feature works wonders. If you don't want to see other people opinions, maybe you should use it.
    09-07-10 05:49 PM
    Who said that was my greatest pleasure? I'm not even trolling. Get a clue.

Go ahead and hop on other platforms forums. Fanboys are everywhere, maybe you found your calling?

This is an open forum. If you have a problem, report me. I am doing nothing wrong, but if you want to get your panties in a bunch, go for it.

I was a BB users for over 2 years. I have every right to post here and I can give a **** about your feelings towards this situation. Stop worrying about what other people do.

Also, the ignore feature works wonders. If you don't want to see other people opinions, maybe you should use it.
    I was being facetious. I'm not going to troll the other forums. I leave that to you and others like you who love coming into a forum of a product you either don't own, or have given up for something that you deem superior, in order to let others know how clueless they are to have chosen the device which is the forum's subject. I see that attitude day in and day out on CB. It's most annoying (at least to me).

That's funny--telling me to stop worrying about what others do. I could have sworn you are highly concerned about what I'm doing.
    09-07-10 06:01 PM
    I was being facetious. I'm not going to troll the other forums. I leave that to you and others like you who love coming into a forum of a product you either don't own, or have given up for something that you deem superior, in order to let others know how clueless they are to have chosen the device which is the forum's subject. I see that attitude day in and day out on CB. It's most annoying (at least to me).

That's funny--telling me to stop worrying about what others do. I could have sworn you are highly concerned about what I'm doing.
    I don't care what you do. I was just voicing my opinion. Participating in conversation, NOT trolling. Sorry, I respond to people who throw out personal attacks at me.

I have every right to voice my opinion on what RIM does. I bought products from them, and have experience with their products. I'm sorry I think the hardware is inferior. But did I say BBs suck? Did I actually say Android/iPhone/WebOS is better? No. I still believe RIM puts out a good product for what it does. I just do not think they can compete with what they currently have. What is wrong with that?

People on this forum are debating platforms all the time. I am providing my experience with all the ones I have used to offer information to other people. Sorry if that offends you.
    09-07-10 06:09 PM
    C'mon, guys...settle down (sheesh, did **I** really say that?)
    09-07-10 07:28 PM
    C'mon, guys...settle down (sheesh, did **I** really say that?)
    er...ah..ahem...er...yes, I think you did! <g>
    09-07-10 07:50 PM
    I don't care what you do. I was just voicing my opinion. Participating in conversation, NOT trolling. Sorry, I respond to people who throw out personal attacks at me.

I have every right to voice my opinion on what RIM does. I bought products from them, and have experience with their products. I'm sorry I think the hardware is inferior. But did I say BBs suck? Did I actually say Android/iPhone/WebOS is better? No. I still believe RIM puts out a good product for what it does. I just do not think they can compete with what they currently have. What is wrong with that?

People on this forum are debating platforms all the time. I am providing my experience with all the ones I have used to offer information to other people. Sorry if that offends you.

what part of going onto a forum for a product you don't own (or no longer own) and disparging the product don't u understand as being trollish behavior??? jeez! If you are done with the product, be DONE with it, including interacting with those that still use it. now there's a novel idea!! You are like the people that go onto Engadget to comment on iPhones if you are an android fanboi, or an iPhone fanboi who comments negatively on droid stories. is it any wonder that such comments get routinely attacked?
    Last edited by dave1812; 09-07-10 at 07:56 PM.
    09-07-10 07:51 PM
    ?

09-07-10 08:08 PM
    This month or next it's looking like I'll no longer own a RIM/BB product, does that mean my opinions and assistance I can still offer to folks here won't be wanted either?

Some folks are way too touchy about criticism of the device they happen to use. Use an open mind and call a spade a spade.

09-07-10 08:33 PM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD