When I type out a wall of text which I am accustomed to using my BlackBerry Bold 9900 and go to delete a word, but somehow I hit alt (whatever the key is) when hitting backspace and it deletes the whole wall of text and is unrecoverable.

03-02-12 11:26 PM
    Get ready to be burned at the stake because you did something other than praise BlackBerry in your post.

BTW, rage + Family Guy reference = win!
    03-02-12 11:58 PM
    That happens a lot to me, it's really annoying.
    03-03-12 12:46 AM
    I've tried for the past few minutes to reproduce this problem without success.

I'm starting to think this is a load of nonsense.
    03-03-12 01:10 AM
    I've tried for the past few minutes to reproduce this problem without success.

I'm starting to think this is a load of nonsense.
    ahahahahahaha troll.
    03-03-12 01:21 AM
    Fine, if you want anyone to believe this actually happens, provide the details necessary for others to reproduce this alleged problem.

I tried every reasonable button+backspace combination I could think of without success. I have no reason to believe the problem exists.
    03-03-12 01:37 AM
    Shift + Delete, bro.

Only seems to happen in the browser which where is 95% of my wall of text writing goes into. If you accidentally hit the combination, it'll delete everything.
    Last edited by CatlinFD; 03-03-12 at 03:31 AM.
    03-03-12 02:02 AM
    Fine, if you want anyone to believe this actually happens, provide the details necessary for others to reproduce this alleged problem.

I tried every reasonable button+backspace combination I could think of without success. I have no reason to believe the problem exists.
    This problem exists. Get over yourself, no one has to prove anything to you and really no one cares if you believe him or not, chill out.
    avt123, JAGWIRE, Stewartj1 and 1 others like this.
    03-03-12 02:18 AM
    It's shift + delete.
    It happens in BBM too. It's not a flaw...it's a feature! lol
    I agree though, super annoying. Especially if you're mad and typing in caps and accidentally hit delete before letting go of shift. Though, I guess it helps you not send messages you may regret. :P
    03-03-12 02:20 AM
    ALT + Delete, bro.

Only seems to happen in the browser which where is 95% of my wall of text writing goes into. If you accidentally hit the combination, it'll delete everything.
    I still can't get it to work. Does it happen for you in any regular textarea or only in specific ones with rich editing features? Can you provide an example site where this happens consistently?
    03-03-12 02:32 AM
    just a thought...

if i write a wall of text on my iphone and press the power button the phone turns off and i lose the text, so i found a solution... DONT PRESS THE BUTTON THAT DELETES THE TEXT UNLESS YOU WANT THE TEXT DELETED.

problem solved!

If your fingers are too big and hit multiple buttons that is another story, but dont rage because YOU made a mistake. If i make changes to a design in photoshop and forget to save it i dont say STUPID PHOTOSHOP FOR NOT SAVING MY WORK FOR ME... i saw 'wow, that sucks' and start over...because it was MY FAULT

(and no, i am not raging at OP... i am just stating facts)
    03-03-12 02:33 AM
    I run into this same "problem" when I press and hold the Delete key. It just keeps deleting. I wish RIM would acknowledge and correct these bugs...
    03-03-12 02:48 AM
    Get ready to be burned at the stake because you did something other than praise BlackBerry in your post.

BTW, rage + Family Guy reference = win!
    OP didn't get flamed! Imagine that. Was this really necessary?
    03-03-12 03:04 AM
    OP didn't get flamed! Imagine that. Was this really necessary?
    Well. Now I know what NOT to press when typing a long message when I get my bb phone, and current bb users got some pretty good new info if they didn't know it... So I would say this was a good thread (I hope you were talking about the thread)
    03-03-12 03:23 AM
    If you're talking about the text being deleted after you hit shift + delete hit the BB button and hit paste. Your text will be back. Looks like it's a short cut to cut all the text
    03-03-12 03:23 AM
    If you're talking about the text being deleted after you hit shift + delete hit the BB button and hit paste. Your text will be back. Looks like it's a short cut to cut all the text
    u srs bro?
    03-03-12 03:29 AM
    omg it is too. one less thing to rage about.

my wall of text has come back.

i love you man
    03-03-12 03:30 AM
    It's shift + delete.
    I agree though, super annoying. Especially if you're mad and typing in caps and accidentally hit delete before letting go of shift. Though, I guess it helps you not send messages you may regret. :P
    are you holding down the button the whole time to type in caps? you only have to hold it down for about 3sec then it will lock the caps for you. to unlock just press it again. it will unlock it though if you go into "sym"
    03-03-12 03:31 AM
    omg it is too. one less thing to rage about.

my wall of text has come back.

i love you man
    No problem! I've done it way too many times and got really mad. I finally figured it out a little while ago so I'm happy to share it with everyone else.
    sam_b77 likes this.
    03-03-12 03:37 AM
    No problem! I've done it way too many times and got really mad. I finally figured it out a little while ago so I'm happy to share it with everyone else.
    Yeah, I write out like ridiculously long walls of texts in the browser on forums + emails (multiple pages) and it's happened multiple times. Did it this morning and I ended up flinging the 9900 against the wall in anger.
    03-03-12 03:42 AM
    It's shift + delete.
    It is a Feature

I use it all the time ON PURPOSE, especially when my I have too much C2H5OH in my blood stream
    03-03-12 08:27 AM
    It is a Feature

I use it all the time ON PURPOSE, especially when my I have too much C2H5OH in my blood stream
    [to help late readers]
    And thanks to eKafara we now know if you did it by accident, just press menu and paste, it will be back as "shift + del" is the shortcut to "cut all".
    03-03-12 08:37 AM
    Well. Now I know what NOT to press when typing a long message when I get my bb phone, and current bb users got some pretty good new info if they didn't know it... So I would say this was a good thread (I hope you were talking about the thread)
    Definitely meant it was a worthwhile thread. It's cracks like the one about not praising BB that grind my gears. I learned something useful here (once again) myself.
    03-03-12 08:40 AM
    Thanks ekafara. Didn't know about that.
    03-03-12 08:53 AM
    I run into this same "problem" when I press and hold the Delete key. It just keeps deleting. I wish RIM would acknowledge and correct these bugs...
    Yeah Scionic, I have the same problem with the dam power button. If I press and hold it, my stupid Bold shuts off! Hahaha!
    03-03-12 08:57 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD