Oh well, Americans do complain a lot! As if they're going to die now if they didn't get the BB10's ASAP. If you can no longer wait then go get yourself a new iPhone/Android/Windows. Stop winning geez..!
    That NEEDING to have it mentality is a very very good thing for RIM. The whining is not.
    02-01-13 07:14 AM
    Oh well, Americans do complain a lot! As if they're going to die now if they didn't get the BB10's ASAP. If you can no longer wait then go get yourself a new iPhone/Android/Windows. Stop winning geez..!
    Enough with this crap. If us "Americans" stopped buying Blackberries, for sure Blackberry would be done .Deal with our complaining for not being able to spend our money .
    shaleem likes this.
    02-01-13 07:34 AM
    People are disappointed because they believed (or were told) that the devices would be out now.
    March is still the Q1.

Biased reviews? Did you read any factual errors? How can you compare if you don't actually have a Z10 in hand?
    Technically, last year, Heinz said Q1 2013, he didn't lie.
    02-01-13 07:37 AM
    I've just mentioned it on another thread, but the faux outrage coming from Americans because they can't buy a phone before other parts of the world is a marvellous sight for this lurker. Snot and tears all over the place!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    I love this. For two years it's been nothing but complaints about people knocking RIM, now its bashing American users that obviously support the brand and merely want to help it by getting the device. What a tolerant community!,,,
    shaleem likes this.
    02-01-13 07:40 AM
    Its probably a supply issue. Release in the smaller markets that they can sustain initially then the major market as production ramps. Hopefully it'll work. 99.9% of the US population won't even be aware of the new phone, 99% of those wouldn't care anyway. The only real risk is to the stock holders.

I have a friend that has never owned a blackberry, is sick of Android and is waiting until March to see the Z10 before buying a device. I've never actually mentioned the new BB to him and he's not a "phone geek" either yet he knows it's coming. I'm certain he's not the only one so there is potential. RIM will probably gain back some market share here.
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-01-13 at 08:03 AM.
    02-01-13 07:52 AM
    I think the truth is the States is a huge market and BlackBerry can't afford to release the Z10 in its current state in the States. It isn't ready.
    They can test drive it in smaller areas first, work out the kinks, and need it in better shape when it hits the States.
    There needs to be clarity on BIS.
    Clarity on specs and features, for example UMA or wifi calling present or absent.
    There needs to be an update or two to enable more customisation and LED control.
    It just needs more polish.
    Great for smaller areas, they get to be the mostly happy beta testers.
    And when it hits the States it's more polished.
    Seems to be a smart way of doing things on reflection, if it does pan out that way.
    02-01-13 07:59 AM
    @bigboybkrises

Screw the release date here in the states. People may not like it, but a month or so is not gonna kill anyone. If they held on this long another month is no gonna make a big difference.

I do think many people were upset regarding the expectations vs deliverables.

The presentation didn't focus on the main benefits of the product(s) offerings.

Great features were left out of the presentation.

The apps, at least try to get the top 10 apps in each major category

There were so many items that were left out of the presentation..

IMHO It could of gone much smoother and better. TH is an excellent CEO but a really sucky pitch man.

Just my 2 cents
    My thoughts exactly. Poor execution. Should have been a lot better based on the time they had to develop it. Thankfully Crackberry is around to fill in the many, many gaps left by the presentation. But how many non-blackberry users are going to go to Crackberry to fill in the blanks?
    02-01-13 08:14 AM
    Keep in mind the American carriers are a fickle bunch for all phones. Remember the SGS2? Well that launched in Europe during the late Spring/early Summer 2011 and didn't come to the US until Sprint launched the Epic Touch in September and AT&T and T-Mobile launched it in October and November of 2011 respectively.

The Droid Bionic and Galaxy Nexus were also a debacle for Verizon -both were announced months before they were released.

Don't forget about the Bold/Torch 9860 fiasco at AT&T because they wanted pushed their exclusive Torch 9810.

I could go on and on.

It seems like the only phones the carriers haven't screwed with are the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 and the iPhone 4/4S/5.

I think it is big that RIM has released a touch screen and qwerty phone with the same name Q10 and Z10 on all carriers instead of the whole 9310/9320/9350/9360 crap from before.
    I feel like RIM is taking the right steps.
    02-01-13 08:50 AM
    I didn't see the launch, just read the comments on here.
    A similar issue: After hearing about how great the cake taste as well as it looks delicious, telling a hungry person that he will eventually get a piece - while others are already getting a slice, doesn't usually go over very well. So, ppl fed into the hype(and were warned numerous times not to) about the launch and assumed things would be different especially under the circumstances surrounding RIM/ BlackBerry and trying to recapture some U.S. market. It's less about being ungrateful and more about being dissappointed for some, followed by anger.
    rottonj and hytran like this.
    02-01-13 09:01 AM
    But its not out for everyone.

Geesh..

Tim
    Put the blame for that exactly where it belongs; on the US carriers. If it wasn't for their greed and belief they could hold (nee) RIM over a barrel you'd have the phone in your hands the same time as everyone else. I guess it's too easy to blame BlackBerry.
    02-01-13 09:07 AM
    I didn't see the launch, just read the comments on here.
    A similar issue: After hearing about how great the cake taste as well as it looks delicious, telling a hungry person that he will eventually get a piece - while others are already getting a slice, doesn't usually go over very well. So, ppl fed into the hype(and were warned numerous times not to) about the launch and assumed things would be different especially under the circumstances surrounding RIM/ BlackBerry and trying to recapture some U.S. market. It's less about being ungrateful and more about being dissappointed for some, followed by anger.
    Actually, you just touched on something.....the incredible amount of hype by some uber fanbois who proclaimed BB10 to be Paradise and Thor to be Jesus. And those of us who *dared* to mention RIM's past failures at execution were deemed to be trolls or suffer from some syndrome or another. Well, BB10 did NOT make the stock market fall on its knees as a whole, BB10 did NOT silence everyone, there is NO global peace, there is no cure for any of our modern day diseases. The skies did NOT open and heavenly choirs did NOT sing. In fact, RIM showed *again* failure in execution by a launch that has been negatively criticised as much if not more often than praised.

Now....I cannot wait to have this phone in my hand. But from me you won't read an OMG THIS THING IS THE MOST AMAZING PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY THAT EVER EXISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because clearly, based on some things that are still in the process of being addressed, it isn't.

I believe the uber fanbois paid BB a greater disservice than the critics, in that they over hyped to fever pitch something that is clearly a work in progress. Much better than anything BB has done, it seems, but still not totally *done* judging by some of the comments I'm reading. So.........might want to keep the over hype to a low simmer.
    hytran, shaleem, rottonj and 4 others like this.
    02-01-13 09:21 AM
    It's something to be said about a sleeping giant. Let's read a good book, a few months will be here just like that. Peace!
    02-01-13 07:09 PM
    I think the american market is key in blackberry's hopeful recovery and blackberry knows it. That's why i tend to believe that the delay is more than likely on the carriers and blackberry would love to have the phones out in the usa right now but can't control that. I'm canadian and my brother is american. I feel for you guys but if ya love blackberry try to just be a little more patient. I know, easy for me to say. But what else can be said if your a blackberry fan. Cheers!
    02-01-13 07:56 PM
    I think you're right. I have never seen so many apologists for what is a bad misstep however one wants to paint it. RIM, with everything depending on winning back lost customers still could not manage to get it together and launch everywhere at the same time. In the big scheme of things March may not be the end of the world but it's beside the point. And because Canada gets it first they are beginning to sound smug about it and say Americans are whining. Whining? When they actually want to buy their phone? If RIM wanted to kill any pent up demand for their phone they are going the right way about it.

It's also not good enough to blame carriers, RIM should have got this right and had their do or die phone available immediately after launch. It was that important. And as for it giving them time to fix kinks, I don't think that flies. Unless what they are releasing is a half-baked phone.
    American BB fans, I feel for you.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 08:07 PM
    I'm sorry, but these threads complaining about complainers, really don't do much for benefiting the conversation.
    /Braces for complaint threads about complainst about complainers
    02-01-13 08:38 PM
    You really can't please everyone 😀
    02-01-13 08:42 PM
    Put the blame for that exactly where it belongs; on the US carriers. If it wasn't for their greed and belief they could hold (nee) RIM over a barrel you'd have the phone in your hands the same time as everyone else. I guess it's too easy to blame BlackBerry.
    and the carriers say it is BB.

So who do you think is telling the real truth?

Anticipating and correctly forecasting production, testing and relase is a major part of a business.
    Combined its called "execution".
    This word has been used with the word "Bad" for about 4 years now with RIM/BB,

No matter what, BB did not get the time lines right, got the phone to some one to late, too someone who is holding a grude caused by RIMs arrogance over the OS7 phones.
    In short, in the end, when it's all done and finished it still lands in Blackberrys lap.

PS, I do not trust either one!

Tim
    02-01-13 08:43 PM
    Actually, you just touched on something.....the incredible amount of hype by some uber fanbois who proclaimed BB10 to be Paradise and Thor to be Jesus. And those of us who *dared* to mention RIM's past failures at execution were deemed to be trolls or suffer from some syndrome or another. Well, BB10 did NOT make the stock market fall on its knees as a whole, BB10 did NOT silence everyone, there is NO global peace, there is no cure for any of our modern day diseases. The skies did NOT open and heavenly choirs did NOT sing. In fact, RIM showed *again* failure in execution by a launch that has been negatively criticised as much if not more often than praised.

Now....I cannot wait to have this phone in my hand. But from me you won't read an OMG THIS THING IS THE MOST AMAZING PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY THAT EVER EXISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because clearly, based on some things that are still in the process of being addressed, it isn't.

I believe the uber fanbois paid BB a greater disservice than the critics, in that they over hyped to fever pitch something that is clearly a work in progress. Much better than anything BB has done, it seems, but still not totally *done* judging by some of the comments I'm reading. So.........might want to keep the over hype to a low simmer.
    I agree and remember a lot of the comments......and some that are now silent that made them.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-03-13 at 07:15 AM.
    02-01-13 11:00 PM
    and the carriers say it is BB.

Tim
    I don't recall seeing this anywhere, can you post a link?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 09:49 PM
    ungrateful, sorry thank you.
    02-02-13 10:00 PM
145 ... 456