A month ago you were hyped about the launch of BB10 now that its out you guys are complaining. You got skype, you got the OS. Just because most carriers won't have the phone until march or april you guys are throwing a fit. To make matters worse we have these biased reviews from tech sites. They said BB10 wasn't a spec race it was about the experience. Be glad it got released today.
    01-30-13 07:54 PM
    A month ago you were hyped about the launch of BB10 now that its out you guys are complaining. You got skype, you got the OS. Just because most carriers won't have the phone until march or april you guys are throwing a fit. To make matters worse we have these biased reviews from tech sites. They said BB10 wasn't a spec race it was about the experience. Be glad it got released today.
    But its not out for everyone.

Geesh..

Tim
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-30-13 07:55 PM
    People are disappointed because they believed (or were told) that the devices would be out now.
    March is still the Q1.

Biased reviews? Did you read any factual errors? How can you compare if you don't actually have a Z10 in hand?
    millerliteboy likes this.
    01-30-13 07:57 PM
    What if its not about any of that for some people???

personally, i still love BB10 and cant wait to get it, but still wonder where more of the AMAZING features like BBM Video and screen sharing are? QNX gives BB so much potential and on the opportunity to make a amazing first impression, they just didnt accomplish showing that potential in my opinion...
    01-30-13 07:59 PM
    I've just mentioned it on another thread, but the faux outrage coming from Americans because they can't buy a phone before other parts of the world is a marvellous sight for this lurker. Snot and tears all over the place!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 08:00 PM
    I'm sorry, but these threads complaining about complainers, really don't do much for benefiting the conversation.
    01-30-13 08:04 PM
    I'm just sad that I can't have a Z10 until March. I think people are just frustrated. It's frustrating because the Z10 looks incredible and the one market that BlackBerry so badly needs to win back won't get the Z10 until "late March" (the Q10 I was mentally prepared to wait a little bit for, considering the Dev Alpha C was only given to developers this month, AND all reviews of the Q10 today were handled by BlackBerry employees..is it so unready that no one else can handle it??)

I blame the carriers for not launching the Z10 until March though, because it's out in the UK tomorrow and in Canada within a couple days. I just hope for the sake of BlackBerry, that they can keep the excitement alive with U.S. consumers for the next TWO MONTHS. That is quite a long time to keep people on the hook. And THINK of all the Androids that will be available to us in the meantime (not that I'd ever spend a cent on an Android, but people that might be looking to get away from Android will probably be tempted to stay with the Samsung Galaxy S IV, rumored to be coming in March...).

One page that I do wish BlackBerry would take out of Apple's book, is Apple's habit of showing us cool sh1t and letting us buy it from them immediately or almost immediately after it's announced. I also wish BlackBerry would sell phones directly. I'd buy an unlocked one at full retail to use on T-Mobile right NOW.
    austriker and r p1 like this.
    01-30-13 08:10 PM
    Lol,

I think the real problem is the schools giving out attendance trophies. Got these kids used to getting spoonfed their whole lives.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    01-30-13 08:13 PM
    I've just mentioned it on another thread, but the faux outrage coming from Americans because they can't buy a phone before other parts of the world is a marvellous sight for this lurker. Snot and tears all over the place!

Wow now that forwards the world of Blackberry
    01-30-13 08:15 PM
    @bigboybkrises

Screw the release date here in the states. People may not like it, but a month or so is not gonna kill anyone. If they held on this long another month is no gonna make a big difference.

I do think many people were upset regarding the expectations vs deliverables.

The presentation didn't focus on the main benefits of the product(s) offerings.

Great features were left out of the presentation.

The apps, at least try to get the top 10 apps in each major category

There were so many items that were left out of the presentation..

IMHO It could of gone much smoother and better. TH is an excellent CEO but a really sucky pitch man.

Just my 2 cents
    01-30-13 08:15 PM
    Lol,

I think the real problem is the schools giving out attendance trophies. Got these kids used to getting spoonfed their whole lives.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    Way to paint so many of us with the same broad brush.......
    01-30-13 08:17 PM

Yea, like when us canadians have to wait months for almost everything... but dont complain. lol
    mark37724, reeneebob and shaleem like this.
    01-30-13 08:19 PM
    I'm going to complain...just because I can.

I'm jealous, dammit!
    01-30-13 08:19 PM
    @bigboybkrises

Screw the release date here in the states. People may not like it, but a month or so is not gonna kill anyone. If they held on this long another month is no gonna make a big difference.

I do think many people were upset regarding the expectations vs deliverables.

The presentation didn't focus on the main benefits of the product(s) offerings.

Great features were left out of the presentation.

The apps, at least try to get the top 10 apps in each major category

There were so many items that were left out of the presentation..

IMHO It could of gone much smoother and better. TH is an excellent CEO but a really sucky pitch man.

Just my 2 cents

Gotta agree. The phone has way more potential and abilities than we saw today. Someone else commented earlier that they should have gone with professional host etc because so much was riding on this presentation.

Someone who knew little about the phone before today would have left the presentation wondering what the big deal was I fear.
    01-30-13 08:20 PM
    Funny how it's only non U.S. people that point the finger and say things like.. come on guys its not that bad.. Ever notice that??? It's only non U.S. people saying that..

Well all I can say is.. It's easy for you to say. This is an epic mistake made by BlackBerry. This going to hurt them severly. That is the truth.

I'm pi$$ed as ****. And I can't say enough how shocked I am that they're making us wait 8 weeks after the announcment. Wall Street is not going to react well to this. The bleeding will continue. All over a ridiculous mistake. If it was the carrier's fault, then BlackBerry should have made their announcement in the end of February to make the wait at least acceptable.. But 8 weeks is honestly and truthfully unacceptable. Period
    01-30-13 08:23 PM
    I actually think part of the problem is not the people who are throwing a fit because they want it "now", but because for many, reality is now starting to set in.

The truth is, many here have been delusional for a long time about RIM's chances, what BB10 can and will do, and what the future will be. I think, after today, a lot of people, at least on some level, are starting to get a better understanding of what RIM is up against, and that their is no enchanted game-changer to sweep the world. One only has to go back through the threads for a few weeks to find innumerable proclamations to that effect. RIM is going to be in for a very tough battle just to survive...and this was all completely predictable...just unpalatable for many.
    01-30-13 08:23 PM
    Another "quality" crackberry thread I see. This is the Biggest Blackberry site on the internet and it's turned to rubbish. The posts on this forum will end up pushing more people away from BlackBerry than the crappy presentation did. Congrats for that I guess.
    01-30-13 08:24 PM
    Maybe RIM is aware of certain software issues that they want to iron out with the devices that have gone live around the world before releasing to America. I can see the March release in the States coming with some big name apps such as Instagram and Netflix etc.

I'm looking forward to having a play on a Z10 tomorrow but i can guarantee i wont be dropping my current phone for it.

01-30-13 08:25 PM
    Meh......

People are frustrated, and they're venting. They'll soon cool down, and in a month be happy campers.

Far as taking a page out of Apple's playbook. BB10 will be available on more carriers in March, than the iphone is now, afaik. And remember, for the longest time, it was only available on a few, very select carriers.
    01-30-13 08:26 PM
    I don't have a problem with BlackBerry.
    But I hate Sprint right now. So so much.

Meh......

People are frustrated, and they're venting. They'll soon cool down, and in a month be happy campers.

Far as taking a page out of Apple's playbook. BB10 will be available on more carriers in March, than the iphone is now, afaik. And remember, for the longest time, it was only available on a few, very select carriers.
    HOW DO YOU HAVE 33000 POSTS? HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN GONE?@
    01-30-13 08:27 PM
    funny. Nobody in Canada is complaining we don't get it tomorrow. Blame the americans!
    01-30-13 08:31 PM
    Funny how it's only non U.S. people that point the finger and say things like.. come on guys its not that bad.. Ever notice that??? It's only non U.S. people saying that..

Well all I can say is.. It's easy for you to say. This is an epic mistake made by BlackBerry. This going to hurt them severly. That is the truth.

I'm pi$$ed as ****. And I can't say enough how shocked I am that they're making us wait 8 weeks after the announcment. Wall Street is not going to react well to this. The bleeding will continue. All over a ridiculous mistake. If it was the carrier's fault, then BlackBerry should have made their announcement in the end of February to make the wait at least acceptable.. But 8 weeks is honestly and truthfully unacceptable. Period
    clinto, it's true wall street didn't like that....but these are relatively knee-**** reactions anyways. Long-term, the stock was always in trouble....the 8 weeks wouldn't matter either way. Just as the future of RIM was always in trouble...8 weeks...yes, it can cause some short-term pain, but even if the phones were out tomorrow, the long-term forecast would be about the same. I agree, (as I stated in another thread) that they'd probably be better off announcing later, if that's the best they can do, but....even though I described it as "THE" big mistake of today, long-term, things were grim yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

People don't like to hear that of course, but I think the more thoughtful can see more clearly why I have been saying that now. :-(

If you love this company, then americans being in a bad mood about BB10 is not a marvelous sight at all. The ultimate destiny as you now know Blackberry to be depends on those snot nosed Americans and their money. It's the US consumer that brought Blackberry down and it is only they who can bring them back up. I can guarantee you Blackberry is equally not happy about a March release in the US and will continue to do all they can to push that up.
    Yea, like when us canadians have to wait months for almost everything... but dont complain. lol
    NHL.
    01-30-13 08:32 PM

Who said we wanted it before other parts of the world? Getting it when everyone else is would be fine too. Go have a pint at the pub mate, and be careful not to get cut at your next Futbal game.
    shaleem likes this.
    01-30-13 08:32 PM
145 123 ...