View Poll Results: Will you buy the London?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely, I have to get my hands on this!

84 31.58%
  • I like my keyboard too much!

78 29.32%
  • I will stick with my iphone,android,windows phone.

8 3.01%
  • I want to see final product first then will decide.

96 36.09%
    I will wait until it comes out and decide about buying it. Well I will buy a BB10 device eventually but if there is news of one with a keyboard then I would like to check both of them out.

My first BB was the Storm 1 and it did me well to be honest. Got a Storm 2 since it had the wifi and I was traveling at the time. So you could say I was used to using a virtual keyboard (I know its not 100% virtual) but my screen on my Storm 2 went a little strange, touching a key on the left would select anything on the right!

So now I got a cheap 'sold for parts' Bold 9000 from ebay and fixed it with very little effort. Having a keyboard is amazing and I would really like to get a BB10 device as I have held off getting the Bold 9900 from announcement date as crackberry had rumours of a BBX phone in development. So as the UK has a ton of Bold 9900 users in 1-2 year contracts, I will hopefully have a BB10 superphone and hopefully not look like I'm following the crowd!
    02-02-12 04:53 PM
    Just wanted to see how many out there like what they see or not too excited?
    i will buy the london and nevada
    02-02-12 05:04 PM
    Hate my PlayBook Keyboard
    Hated iPhone 3GS Keyboard
    Hated Torch 9800 Software Keyboard
    Hated iPod Touch 3rd Gen OS4.1 Keyboard
    LOATHED Samsung Galaxy 1 Keyboard

I give each device about 3 days and 5000 words, trying to let it be my primary device,
    Then 1-2 weeks as a secondary device trying to give it 1000 words a day.

I am a 1 hand no look typer, I often am typing with the phone hidden under a counter/desk taking notes, I have never been able to pull a touchscreen out of my pocket and start typing on it without looking at it yet.

I hated BlackBerry when I was given a 8330 from work in 2008, it took me 2 days to start to love the keyboard it offered me, within a week I loved the hardware, still hated the software, that took much longer to fall in love with, but the Keyboard, and using it was quick, my Tour took all but a day to learn to love that keyboard, my Torch took the full 3 days to love the hardware keyboard, the style took 2 days, the 9900 was instant.

as you can see by my wordy response I type a lot. and I use keyboard short cuts A LOT.

EDIT: Side note

Would you prefer to type on an iPad or a Laptop keyboard?
    And yet you purchased them all. Sorry, couldn't resist!
    02-02-12 05:15 PM
    I actually think it looks stellar and I wouldn't be dead set against it. I mean I miss my BB keyboard, but maybe it will be an amazing virtual KB? Won't know till I try it.

Looks good though. Still hoping they have BB10 QWERTY device as well. Nice to have options.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Yeah I dont think. Blackberry would ever go away from the keyboard unless there wasn't a need anymore but as you can see there is still a huge need for a keyboard!
    02-02-12 06:25 PM
    And yet you purchased them all. Sorry, couldn't resist!
    Purchased my PlayBook ( 6 in total now including gifts) and LOVE it, just hate typing on it, lucky it is mostly an email reader depending on which BB I connect it too, and I play games of it, something I haven't done in a long time.

was Given the iPhone 3GS to "See what I was missing" and promptly gave it back seeing how little it had to offer me.

Purchased iPod Touch to try and see if iTunes didn't suck, and because my MP3 Player had gone through the wash, I liked having my audiobooks on a device that I could leave in my car, and I liked pinch zoom photo album, it was a decent purchase, but I haven't touched it in over a year.

Torch as great, had a physical keyboard which I used!

Samsung Galaxy 1, I purchased on contract and got for next to nothing, then move the contact over to another phone, It probably was the only product that was a Mistake buying and cost me more than it was worth.

I'll give things a shot, often borrow, but sometimes put out the money

Portrait keyboard is what I LOVE
    02-03-12 12:00 AM

Laptop with iOS and Blackberry auto correct, auto caps, and short cuts. I am on my laptop writing this post, double space doesn't work, I had to add the apostrophe manually , and I can't tell you how many times I backspaced to capitalize and just clicked the shift key and stared typing. Of course it was still lower cased. You mean I actually have to hold down the shift key and click the letter at the same time ?
    Well I'd hate the iOS Part but man do I agree I wish I had the BB Auto Correct/Auto Cap features on my Windows laptop. How I miss double space, and holding a keydown for cap. I find my self hitting the right Alt key all the time for "sym" before reaching to the P for @ The way BlackBerry does things is just so nice for a typer. and with my custom autotext library, I blow the Laptop typing speed out of the water....
    02-03-12 12:03 AM
    i dont understand people who want bigger screens AND a physical keyboard...

The reason i LOVE my iPhone is bc when i dont need a keyboard it is 100% screen when i want it to be 100% screen.

What is the point of having a keyboard when you are watching a video or reading an article?

(i know the people here werent arguing that... but many people do and i just dont understand it)
    As far as my cell phone goes, I don't really need the bigger screen, but my job often requires me to respond to emails and text messages on the fly. I'm much faster with my typing using a physical keyboard. I have officially delegated my movie watching and web surfing to my PlayBook. Like i said earlier though, I'm not against a complete touchscreen, I just prefer the physical keyboard and would have to really practice to adapt.
    02-03-12 03:26 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD