View Poll Results: Will you buy the London?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely, I have to get my hands on this!

84 31.58%
  • I like my keyboard too much!

78 29.32%
  • I will stick with my iphone,android,windows phone.

8 3.01%
  • I want to see final product first then will decide.

96 36.09%
    Just wanted to see how many out there like what they see or not too excited?
    01-31-12 08:11 PM
    I'll have to see more than a pretty picture before I determine whether I want to purchase a device or not. It does look eerily similar to a Droid X which I think it might get some criticism for, but I really don't see anything wrong with it from a design viewpoint.

What I'm curious to know is how the PlayBook OS has been modified for the slightly smaller screen.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 08:14 PM
    Nope, no keyboard, no purchase
    01-31-12 08:17 PM
    Yes, i love the touch screen keyboard on Playbook, i love the gestures. I want that on my phone! London is calling me now.
    bbfan1040 and shn'g like this.
    01-31-12 08:19 PM

What I'm curious to know is how the PlayBook OS has been modified for the slightly smaller screen.
    The PlayBook OS UI easily scales to the smaller size, what doesn't scale as well is the awful media player UI, but the majority of the Native PlayBook apps / features would scale down to half size very nicely if gestures remain
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 08:19 PM
    Not gonna happen
    shn'g and steppinghorse like this.
    01-31-12 08:24 PM
    Nope, no keyboard, no purchase
    I have the same view as you. Shame the first didn't have a keyboard.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 08:50 PM
    i'm holding out for a 9900-looking phone with BB10 OS.
    i'd buy a 9900 today if i could update it to BB10 when it's available.

the london looks like a mini-playbook that makes calls.
    i already have a full-sized playbook, so don't need this....

..unless it knocks my socks off, ofcourse.
    Last edited by drummer_god; 01-31-12 at 09:06 PM.
    mithrazor and shn'g like this.
    01-31-12 08:57 PM
    I have the same view as you. Shame the first didn't have a keyboard.
    Keyboards are really a dying trend. I don't know how long you're going to be able to hold out with those expectations.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 09:04 PM
    Keyboards are really a dying trend. I don't know how long you're going to be able to hold out with those expectations.
    I hope not !!! It would pain me to fiddle around all the time on a touch screen. I'd give up on bbm and texts and use my laptop / pc for long emails.

Keyboards are "Blackberry" they would need a check up from the neck up if they ditched their best asset !

You had me going there for a second
    deezy87, bigbmc26, shn'g and 1 others like this.
    01-31-12 09:18 PM
    Ok, I held on to my upgrade for the new QNX phone only to see it get pushed back. At this time, I'd rather not give it up for the 9900, then have the perfect BB10 phone drop and I having to pay full price for it. I figure between now and mid 2012, the other BB10 phones will be shown (or leaked) and I will decide then. Here's hoping my Torch holds up another few months. Like a few others here, I'm a keyboard guy. But if i have to adopt, I'm not totally against it.
    fanatical, bbfan1040 and shn'g like this.
    01-31-12 09:20 PM
    i dont understand people who want bigger screens AND a physical keyboard...

The reason i LOVE my iPhone is bc when i dont need a keyboard it is 100% screen when i want it to be 100% screen.

What is the point of having a keyboard when you are watching a video or reading an article?

(i know the people here werent arguing that... but many people do and i just dont understand it)
    tack, bbfan1040 and shn'g like this.
    01-31-12 09:27 PM
    I hope not !!! It would pain me to fiddle around all the time on a touch screen. I'd give up on bbm and texts and use my laptop / pc for long emails.

Keyboards are "Blackberry" they would need a check up from the neck up if they ditched their best asset !

You had me going there for a second
    BB10 is looking like it's going to require a pretty large touchscreen to use and there's just no way to fit a traditional BlackBerry keyboard on there unless it's a slide out.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 09:34 PM
    BB10 is looking like it's going to require a pretty large touchscreen to use and there's just no way to fit a traditional BlackBerry keyboard on there unless it's a slide out.
    Yeah we all expected this 'not' to have a keyboard. I just prefer keybords and am looking forward to them.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 09:41 PM
    I'll definitely buy it.

I like on-screen typing on the playbook.

If the London on-screen keyboard is big-enough and innovative I'm sure it'll be great

I love physical keyboards but on-screen typing can also be good. I'm sure RIM will make 3 styles, full screen, slider, and Bold-type
    willcookson and shn'g like this.
    01-31-12 09:59 PM
    Yeah I tend to like the big screen, but as I am using the Playbook more I find I am using my phone less I don't care as much and just want a nice OS. I dunno if keyboards will ever go extinct though! For emails and long notes there is nothing like tapping away with physical buttons.
    01-31-12 10:00 PM
    No physical keyboard? It just JUMPED to close to the top of the list! Finally...

If it has good cloud functionality (no physical DM), a decent ecosystem (10 or so cross-platform productivity apps that I must have) and comes to my carrier, I may have to try it.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 10:05 PM
    Tell that to 75 million BB users. We may not be a majority, but there are still a lot of us who have to have a keyboard. Believe it.
    Ben1232, shn'g, Fr3lncr and 1 others like this.
    01-31-12 10:09 PM
    If I didn't want a keyboard, I'd buy an iPhone. My 9900 is perfect for me.
    bigbmc26, shn'g and ritesh like this.
    01-31-12 10:11 PM
    Being a person who once said that I can't be without a physical keyboard, and now use a full touch device everyday, its not that bad. Especially if the on-screen keyboard is pretty good.

But to answer the question, I couldn't say whether or not I would buy this phone. I don't *know* anything about the phone. I will have to see a lot more of the phones OS and the hardware. I also need to see how RIM addresses the app issue.

And honestly, I'm not really feeling the design all that much.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 10:11 PM
    nope no keyboard .happy with my 9930.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 10:13 PM
    The London looks real GOOD, but I would rather have a keypad on my phone. I've gotten accustom to using a keypad and thats the first thing I look for in a phone. I hope RIM does not abandon its trademark.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 10:17 PM
    Lol. Probably. Even though I got a 9930 when it launched and just picked up this 9850, I will probably get the London and the first qwerty model.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 10:20 PM
    i dont understand people who want bigger screens AND a physical keyboard...

The reason i LOVE my iPhone is bc when i dont need a keyboard it is 100% screen when i want it to be 100% screen.

What is the point of having a keyboard when you are watching a video or reading an article?

(i know the people here werent arguing that... but many people do and i just dont understand it)
    More looking toward slider/Torch form myself. Like the touchscreen on PlayBook size, physical keyboard on phone size 'cause my fat thumbs have issues, while thumbnails work well on keyboards.
    shn'g and LoganSix like this.
    01-31-12 10:22 PM
    it all depends on how "strong" the app store is at the time of the release.
    right now, i'm a happy camper with my 9930.. and an iphone 4 plus and ipad2 set up.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-31-12 10:25 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD