View Poll Results: Will you buy the London?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely, I have to get my hands on this!

84 31.58%
  • I like my keyboard too much!

78 29.32%
  • I will stick with my iphone,android,windows phone.

8 3.01%
  • I want to see final product first then will decide.

96 36.09%
    I'm going to say most likely. I do want to see what it looks like and how it runs first.

I do love the keyboard on the 9930, but I am a bit jealous of the screen size on the iphone and android devices.
    02-01-12 02:25 PM
    I will wait to see the final release but in it's current guise. no.

I don't have a problem with virtual keyboards as I'm quite adept at typing on the S 2 but this device needs some tweeking and if this is a sign of things to come then I will skip on the whole Blackberry experience.
    02-01-12 02:30 PM
    This phone looks great !! Can't wait to see the full specs on it.

I'll likely hold out until a slider is available, really like a physical keyboard, but we'll see.... If sliders are going to be much further behind these, I'll likely pick one up and adapt.
    02-01-12 03:32 PM
    What is the point of having a BB... without a keyboard?
    02-01-12 04:35 PM
    For me the decision totaly relies on how it interacts with the new Mobile Fusion Server solution. If it's as difficult/fiddly to manage as an iOS device then there's no reason to chose it over and above an iPhone 4s or 5 (when it comes out).

Mobile Fusion is the key for me, and from a discussion with a UK distributor where he wasn't realy sold on it and the fact that it's becoming a solution that involves three discrete components rather than the one that is BES I think BB10 devices may be the tipping point where I prefer an iPhone insetad ?.

I really hope to be blown out of the water with BB10 devices, but I just don't think it's going to happen
    02-01-12 04:48 PM
    nope... no keyboard!
    02-01-12 04:56 PM
    I won't be running out and buying one when they become available but maybe when im due for my upgrade in two years.
    02-01-12 05:11 PM
    Veteran BB Users comitting to a phone purchase 8-14 months out? Sure
    02-01-12 05:16 PM
    I couldn't disagree more. If RIM launches with the most popular apps it will drive people back to the platform, increase consumer awareness, and paint Blackberry back into a more popular light. It will show that they really have their act together and were serious about those changes the new CEO promised and add functionality to their devices. Whatever they have to do to get those developers on board they need to do it. Go all in. Offer cash incentives, whatever. Get them on the phone and don't take no for an answer.

If BB10 launches with a similar app selection to the PlayBook, it will suffer the similar fate.

Yes, some people will buy it no matter what because of the BBM, Security, Data Compression, what have you...But, the majority of consumers don't care about those now. Look at the recent sales numbers. Majority of consumers will pass if the basic apps that consumers have come to expect aren't there.

I don't disagree here, I say RIM does NEED the apps, but having the Apps at launch is not as crucial as just getting the Apps, my only change to your post was between "At Launch" and "At Purchase" the Apps will be a requirement for many, but will people on contract break contract to go to RIM for apps they already have on their platform of choice? probably not, so what RIM does need to do is secure those apps for a launch event after the phone is released, but they don't HAVE to be at launch to keep the device from being a fail.

now I do think this will all be moot in a months time as I greatly suspect the key apps for the market will be available very shortly on the PB OS, which will make them pretty surely available for BB10,
    02-01-12 06:34 PM
    Stephen,
    You should at least buy this as a secondary device to go along with your 9900. I don't see how you will be able to stay away from this.... I will bet you a few brews that you will buy this when it comes out keyboard or no keyboard.
    We'll meet half way in England after this device is released and I haven't purchased it in the first 60 days.

I have my PlayBook, my 9900, and my 9300, unless RIM launches a GSM based BlackBerry OS7 Style, my next BlackBerry purchase will not be until a QWERTY BB10 device
    sam_b77 likes this.
    02-01-12 06:38 PM
    For me the decision totaly relies on how it interacts with the new Mobile Fusion Server solution. If it's as difficult/fiddly to manage as an iOS device then there's no reason to chose it over and above an iPhone 4s or 5 (when it comes out).

Mobile Fusion is the key for me, and from a discussion with a UK distributor where he wasn't realy sold on it and the fact that it's becoming a solution that involves three discrete components rather than the one that is BES I think BB10 devices may be the tipping point where I prefer an iPhone insetad ?.

I really hope to be blown out of the water with BB10 devices, but I just don't think it's going to happen
    I share your fears about management with Mobile Fusion and BB10 devices

What I greatly hope RIM does is spend the next year merging mobile fusion into BES, so that they are one and the same, and ALL BES' include Mobile Fusion, but RIM does it's licensing model that Managing BB devices costs less than other devices

as I do hope BB10 devices have a single PIN that can be registered to BES like any other BlackBerry so it can be easier to manage with legacy software
    02-01-12 06:41 PM
    No keyboard... no chance in I will buy one...
    02-01-12 08:12 PM
    I prefer to wait for the "North Cackalacky" aka the "North Carolina". I hear it will have a bbq locator built-in and translates Yankee natively.
    No need for a BBQ locator in the South, just walk down the street and follow your nose!
    No bro, the 'Nevada" is the BBOS 10, full QWERTY devices' code name, the one all of us want!
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 02-01-12 at 11:40 PM.
    02-01-12 09:02 PM
    A big reason blackberry users stay loyal to the berry is the keyboard, this new phone is mostly for those people who are not currently nuts over their blackberry, don't necessarily need a keyboard and want the latest and greatest.

For me personally there is not a lot i need out of my phone mostly because i own tablets now. Fast browser with flash support, Great battery life, good twitter app, email etc but i just want all of these basic things to be done incredibly well. Have support for the phone to become much more than it is and not be obsolete months after purchase and not have so much warranty issues like suddenly bricking in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, i want my phone to be reliable. If blackberry can do that with their new models, well then their new products will always be an serious consideration.

Am i lusting after the blackberry 10 shown in the picture.....no. But im not really lusting after any new technology right now either.

Im pro blackberry mostly because bbm is the last social network where free speech without consequences really exists, you see those irish folks that got deported from the u.s for quoting family guy and saying they were gonna get wasted last week? Another example of freedom being trampled on.
    02-01-12 10:12 PM
    CrackBerry.com will be buying mine!

http://crackberry.com/and-winner-cra...-santa-contest
    kraski and mithrazor like this.
    02-01-12 10:20 PM
    Nope, no keyboard, no purchase
    If you gave a virtual keyboard a chance, I am sure you would love it. Easier to use, more accurate and a lot faster typing.
    02-01-12 10:35 PM
    "I want to see final product first then will decide."

because while I'm a fan of physical keyboards I do like my playbook so might be persuaded to go all touch screen. Otherwise I'll definitely be getting the BB10 model with a physical keyboard
    02-02-12 03:40 AM
    Nope, no keyboard, no purchase
    What he said.....

No, really.....while I love the 9860 and I'm enjoying this Skyrocket, I would not use a touchscreen as my main device. I much prefer the accuracy of my keyboard.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-02-12 04:20 AM
    I would if I didnt live in Canada where cellphone providers rip you off like no tomorrow to get it I would have to buy the phone outright and then pay another 200 - 300 to pay off my current bb. So unless crackberry does a give away no bb10 goodness for me untill 2014
    shn'g likes this.
    02-02-12 06:41 AM
    I would if I didnt live in Canada where cellphone providers rip you off like no tomorrow to get it I would have to buy the phone outright and then pay another 200 - 300 to pay off my current bb. So unless crackberry does a give away no bb10 goodness for me untill 2014
    Wow I hear you! We get the crap end of everything for cell phone plans here! The only company here that I have seen an unlimited data,calls,and text for $40 is Wind mobile but they don't have coverage outside the city so can't get it
    02-02-12 07:24 AM
    If you gave a virtual keyboard a chance, I am sure you would love it. Easier to use, more accurate and a lot faster typing.

Hate my PlayBook Keyboard
    Hated iPhone 3GS Keyboard
    Hated Torch 9800 Software Keyboard
    Hated iPod Touch 3rd Gen OS4.1 Keyboard
    LOATHED Samsung Galaxy 1 Keyboard

I give each device about 3 days and 5000 words, trying to let it be my primary device,
    Then 1-2 weeks as a secondary device trying to give it 1000 words a day.

I am a 1 hand no look typer, I often am typing with the phone hidden under a counter/desk taking notes, I have never been able to pull a touchscreen out of my pocket and start typing on it without looking at it yet.

I hated BlackBerry when I was given a 8330 from work in 2008, it took me 2 days to start to love the keyboard it offered me, within a week I loved the hardware, still hated the software, that took much longer to fall in love with, but the Keyboard, and using it was quick, my Tour took all but a day to learn to love that keyboard, my Torch took the full 3 days to love the hardware keyboard, the style took 2 days, the 9900 was instant.

as you can see by my wordy response I type a lot. and I use keyboard short cuts A LOT.

EDIT: Side note

Would you prefer to type on an iPad or a Laptop keyboard?
    Last edited by deRusett; 02-02-12 at 07:27 AM.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-02-12 07:24 AM
    A choice was left out in the poll. "I am a current Blackberry user but will jump ship if all I can get for it are crummy malware infested Android apps." Android apps on Blackberry is a BIG mistake.

You cant just buy one outright and stick your sim card in it ???

Laptop with iOS and Blackberry auto correct, auto caps, and short cuts. I am on my laptop writing this post, double space doesn't work, I had to add the apostrophe manually , and I can't tell you how many times I backspaced to capitalize and just clicked the shift key and stared typing. Of course it was still lower cased. You mean I actually have to hold down the shift key and click the letter at the same time ?
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 02-02-12 at 12:29 PM.
    02-02-12 12:26 PM
    Hate my PlayBook Keyboard
    Hated iPhone 3GS Keyboard
    Hated Torch 9800 Software Keyboard
    Hated iPod Touch 3rd Gen OS4.1 Keyboard
    LOATHED Samsung Galaxy 1 Keyboard

I give each device about 3 days and 5000 words, trying to let it be my primary device,
    Then 1-2 weeks as a secondary device trying to give it 1000 words a day.

I am a 1 hand no look typer, I often am typing with the phone hidden under a counter/desk taking notes, I have never been able to pull a touchscreen out of my pocket and start typing on it without looking at it yet.

I hated BlackBerry when I was given a 8330 from work in 2008, it took me 2 days to start to love the keyboard it offered me, within a week I loved the hardware, still hated the software, that took much longer to fall in love with, but the Keyboard, and using it was quick, my Tour took all but a day to learn to love that keyboard, my Torch took the full 3 days to love the hardware keyboard, the style took 2 days, the 9900 was instant.

as you can see by my wordy response I type a lot. and I use keyboard short cuts A LOT.

Gotchya!!! Yah, I hate the Playbook keyboard and the ipad keyboard.

I grew up on Keyboards too. Palm W, Treo 600, Treo 680 and a host of Blackberries. That said, I really like the keyboard on Galaxy Nexus.

If Blackberry came out with a nice spec BB10 phone with a keyboard, I wouldn't have to think for a second to buy it. Come on RIM you can do it!!!
    02-02-12 03:12 PM
    Since buying 3 playbooks no keyboard is a non issue. Bring it on!
    shn'g likes this.
    02-02-12 03:19 PM
    I actually think it looks stellar and I wouldn't be dead set against it. I mean I miss my BB keyboard, but maybe it will be an amazing virtual KB? Won't know till I try it.

Looks good though. Still hoping they have BB10 QWERTY device as well. Nice to have options.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    shn'g likes this.
    02-02-12 03:24 PM
107 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD