There are 2 types of BlackBerry fans. 1. OS exclusive ones who don't care if they have a VKB or a PKB.
    When their BlackBerry is no longer viable they'll jump to iOS or Android and won't look at TCL as it's not a genuine BlackBerry.
    This is the case of BB10 Adopter.

Type 2. PKB fans who prefer the BlackBerry OS but will accept Android if they have the PKB with some BlackBerry apps.

The Motion may have appealed to VKB users in One above, but they wouldn't have been satisfied. I got one because of the BlackBerry "look" although I prefer PKB.

Type 3. BlackBerry unfaithful .
    A mobile fan who feels no emotional link to the brand or to VKB or PKB and used it as "flavour" of the month or perhaps was a new user that found TCL BlackBerry and wanted to try it out. Or it could have been a family member "forced" to join the club!!
    They'll move on to some other phone that they fancy. No tears.
    I got my son using one for a while...

TCL wasn't able to capture all the BB10 users who are type One, and therefore didn't maximize profits, although it wouldn't have made a difference to survival.

If you are type Two, like me, you may even look for a non-blackberry PKB if one ever appears.

So, take this into account and know who you are and understand others' buying intentions and motives.

With PKB and Blackberry looking less likely to exist in phones in the future, we'll all be on "slabs" eventually whichever type we are.

So, which type are you? 🤔
    Ben xfg likes this.
    10-18-19 03:56 AM
    Type 2. Recently tried the Evolve, it was a nice quality device but just couldn't get the hang of the vkb. Back on my KeyOne while I wait for my silver Key2 to be delivered. I have a feeling I'm gonna miss this KeyOne, I prefer the shiny keyboard...

Planning on using the Key2 until the end of 2021 assuming now Key3 appears. Hopefully by then there might be a new pkb option. if not...I have no idea what I'll do!
    10-18-19 06:19 AM
    I use an iPhone but still have a second blackberry phone (Z30), just found used Classic Cobalt blue in good condition and I look forward to delivery ( BB one love , I hope we will se the new BBs in the nearest future ).
    P.S. Type 2
    10-18-19 06:40 AM
    I use an iPhone but still have a second blackberry phone (Z30), just found used Classic Cobalt blue in good condition and I look forward to delivery ( BB one love , I hope we will se the new BBs in the nearest future ).
    P.S. Type 2
    No, you're a Type 1. The Z30 is VKB with BB10, and you've already gone to iphone....
    10-18-19 07:49 AM
    Just want to point out that @bb10adopter111 owns a Keyone actually
    10-18-19 09:14 AM
    10-18-19 09:59 AM
    Type 3.

Used to love the first Bold 9000. Then, felt in love for the Passport. Trying to continue in this love affair, bought a KeyOne. Then realized BB was dead, already, and jumped elsewhere. Now I carry a Note10+ and an iPhone X. That KeyOne? Sold some months ago. The Passport? Here yet, just like to remember how great it once was. The ancient Bold? Doesn't exist anymore, it broke by excess of use, I presume.

No tears at all. I would rather prefer to use my emotions with living beings, instead of companies which simply doesn't give a s**t about me.
    10-18-19 10:09 AM
    Why do some always need labels....

BB10 didn't capture all the Type #1's either... some of us tried it, but it wasn't really viable as a modern smartphone in the long run. The Android stuff they did, never provided enough value for some of use non PKB users.
    10-18-19 10:12 AM
    I'd like to suggest a 3rd type:

People who care about the traditional BlackBerry user experience (UX) design that focused on one-handed, discreet, high volume email, calendar, contacts, task and notes management, integrated with MS Exchange in a corporate environment.

BBOS and BB10 addressed that use case. Android and iOS do not.

So, I am OS-focused, but I can't just switch to Android or iOS. (I've really, really tried, including dual-carrying a carefully configured KEYone for more than two years!)

When BB10 is no longer supported, I will own a new phone, but it likely won't allow me to migrate my work effectively.

Having failed to configure Android or iOS adequately to replace my current device, I am preparing for this inevitability by focusing on mobile computing with VOIP on a laptop as a replacement. I wish I had a better choice, but so far, I don't.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-18-19 10:56 AM

People who care about the traditional BlackBerry user experience (UX) design that focused on one-handed, discreet, high volume email, calendar, contacts, task and notes management, integrated with MS Exchange in a corporate environment.

So, I am OS-focused, but I can't just switch to Android or iOS. (I've really, really tried, including dual-carrying a carefully configured KEYone for more than two years!)

When BB10 is no longer supported, I will own a new phone, but it likely won't allow me to migrate my work effectively.

Having failed to configure Android or iOS adequately to replace my current device, I am preparing for this inevitability by focusing on mobile computing with VOIP on a laptop as a replacement. I wish I had a better choice, but so far, I don't.

Honestly, I still fail to follow how all of that is more efficient or productive compared to the few seconds here or there that you will lose by going from BB10 to Android.

When handling a lot of email personally, I actually switch FROM my laptop to my KEY².
    BigAl_BB9900 and bh7171 like this.
    10-18-19 11:01 AM
    Honestly, I still fail to follow how all of that is more efficient or productive compared to the few seconds here or there that you will lose by going from BB10 to Android.

When handling a lot of email personally, I actually switch FROM my laptop to my KEY².
    I understand why you'd switch to your handheld. I've done the same for 15 years!

I know you don't share my experience that the user interface for Android is too busy and distracting for detailed composition. We'll just have to agree to disagree about that. In Android, I have to compose in a separate app and copy/paste into email for any serious writing.

More significantly, I simply cannot manage my email triage one-handed on the Android Hub. The lack of universal Peek into the Hub with the right thumb from anywhere on the screen within any app, and the thumb travel distance to the left bezel for swiping inside the Hub on Android are deal-breakers for me.

givechanceachance likes this.
    10-18-19 11:15 AM

No, you are the person who gave me the idea for the BB Types!! (and it's jusst for fun!).
    You are simply radical Type 1 period!
    10-18-19 11:17 AM
    Type 1 I guess. I loved BB10. Absolutely found it fantastic. Reluctantly moved to the Priv but there was lots I liked: still some BB goodness like the quick access to email via the side swipe panel or from the home button, along with access to all the android apps. But using someone else's OS means you lose control as a manufacturer. So android is updated and BB can no longer do the swipe from home button thing. And now the Hub is a little crippled by Google's restrictions. Then BB decides they're going to give 2 years of updates to the day and no more. I was never a pkb guy. If BB Mobile produced a decent slab I'd have looked at it. I ended up with a Pixel 2 XL. The transition was easy.
    My wife and daughter are type 2. They love their pkb. Whoever makes a pkb device in the future will get their business.
    10-18-19 11:23 AM
    Type Conite:

Currently insists on using Android (a modern OS that isn't Apple), but prefers to type on a physical keyboard. That's it.
    10-18-19 11:29 AM
    That too!

Type Conite:

Insists on using Android (a modern OS that isn't Apple). . ..
    10-18-19 11:34 AM
    I'm a minimalist user who basically went to a BB10 device because of the OS. I dislike android (but I've had 3 android devices and currently use one part time). I've never had an iOS device although family members have that I've used. So for me, it's ALL about the OS and not so much about the PKB. I can get by on either and I can also get by on ANY android or iOS device if I have to. I picked up a KeyOne device when first out bu just didn't care for the balance while typing on the keys. I think the reason why I like my Passport is that the excess width and square screen (short and stubby) makes my device more balanced while typing. To me, BB was pretty much gone when the OS was done and a label or icon on another device really doesn't register with me so no loyalty. What type does this make me OP?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-18-19 12:01 PM
    A bit of both! Not so much the 3rd, you expressed. More like the 3rd the other person addressed.

I just got the KeyOne, black to replace a missing/stolen KeyOne silver. I am borderline happy with it I guess because I can load Debian on it using Termux. That is a luxury though. However as 10adopter said, the same goes for me. I prefer a device that encourages focus and not distractions. And I miss the old Bold 9900 and prior so that I can type and do all things with just one hand. It was efficient for being practical. Phones these days are wayyyyyy to glorified and glittery. I miss the gray-scale feature of the old BBOS. I removed the default android launcher to use a text cli based kind. Although I find some functions and software very bloated. I should demo them in comparison how long it takes to load different software between the Bold and the KeyOne, by their function. And the contextual menu had everything you need to function and communicate well. Android is missing that unless you install more bloat. At every end of every Android I owned I ended up having to do factory reset to get it to just function in lieu of being in the wilderness of do this or that with it to get it how I want.
    10-18-19 03:08 PM
    Type Conite:

Currently insists on using Android (a modern OS that isn't Apple), but prefers to type on a physical keyboard. That's it.
    I think I be one of these as well.

The PKB is my most critical item. As for the OS - I'm an OLD IT guy (40 years in the business) and have worked on IBM MVS?, Burroughs something (both too long ago to remember exactly), HP MPE, HP-UX and now Windows.
    Not to mention so many application languages that I can't even remember them all.

So, switching operating systems is strictly a matter of "whatever - I'll learn this one too".
    10-18-19 04:31 PM
    My first BlackBerry, was the Priv, though I later purchased a classic and sometimes boot it up on the Wi-Fi to work on it as I love the keyboard.

my favorite thing about the BlackBerry experience is the hub app, but a close second is the pkb, so I think I will be good for a few more years on the key2, and then we will see what happens. I really have like the BlackBerry experience though even though I have only been a fan for four years.
    10-18-19 05:54 PM
    Loved BBOS .. BB10 and loved the phones ... 9000, 9900, Z10, Classic... then moved to Priv... and then KeyONE and now KeyTwo.

Still dream of getting and using a Passport. Been looking around now and will probably end up getting one.

BB10 was awesome. To this date the best phone experience ever.
    10-18-19 07:15 PM
    Type # 1 doesn’t really exist or is totally irrelevant today. If BlackBerry would have offered a really good all touch instead of a slider (hampered by design) then perhaps BlackBerry might have made some inroads. The BlackBerry Android OS, as a drawing card, really died with the PRIV.

The Motion was too little too late to bring in many former Z users.
    gebco likes this.
    10-18-19 10:36 PM
    Type 10...pkb or even vkb ...waiting for a new BB10 phone whoever makes it, even if it dual-boots to the Eavesdropping Operating system....or the Music Pirate Operating system.
    10-18-19 10:49 PM
    I'm a type 3. I got sick of my iPhone and had been meaning to switch to an Android device for a few years prior. My primary uses for my phone are productivity and messaging, along with moderate media consumption.

The Key2's focus on security, the new speed key, large battery and sufficient processing power were appealing- especially in the Key2's price range. I'm thrilled with my decision to switch to Blackberry and intend to stay with Blackberry Mobile if a subsequent device, such as the Key3, is released. I have embraced many of the Blackberry apps such as dTEK, calendar, transfer and locker. However, I'm still learning to love Blackberry Hub.
    10-19-19 01:49 AM
    I'm a minimalist user who basically went to a BB10 device because of the OS. I dislike android (but I've had 3 android devices and currently use one part time). I've never had an iOS device although family members have that I've used. So for me, it's ALL about the OS and not so much about the PKB. I can get by on either and I can also get by on ANY android or iOS device if I have to. I picked up a KeyOne device when first out bu just didn't care for the balance while typing on the keys. I think the reason why I like my Passport is that the excess width and square screen (short and stubby) makes my device more balanced while typing. To me, BB was pretty much gone when the OS was done and a label or icon on another device really doesn't register with me so no loyalty. What type does this make me OP?
    type 1 clearly
    10-19-19 01:53 AM
    Type Conite:

type 2 with a bit of Type 3 = Type Conite
    10-19-19 01:54 AM
45 12