*facepalm* Oh my word...
    Not a single mention of the real Google Play Store in either of those links, both talk about 3rd party app stores and side loading apps. -_-
    Chinese Androids generally don't have Google Play Store as many Google products are banned there, so Chinese Androids don't have the benefit of Google Play Services Framework which is updated frequently for security.

Your above links show your complete misunderstanding of Android and Google's Android.

Like I said, ignorance is bliss.
    Really? Go to school,reread ,this time try to understand what you read .Ignorance is bliss. Your statement is proof.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-10-14 at 05:50 AM.
    07-10-14 05:39 AM
    From your link not really an financial analysis btw.
    Juiced up numbers by top brass. A pump and dump scheme corporatized.

Canadien academics have looked into it discussed here.

Lack of innovation, top brass wants to pump up the projections to line their own bank acct, can't meet fantastical numbers and down it goes.
    Amazing "discussed here",and the Canadian academics is one of the links I quoted you, whose very site you are quoting ,very interesting indeed. The very Canadian Academics have verified in part that the security issue in part led to the issue. .im stated in part, I'm not disputing the other aspects of mismanagement an impropriety.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 05:48 AM
    Amazing "discussed here",and the Canadian academics is one of the links I quoted you, whose very site you are quoting ,very interesting indeed. The very Canadian Academics have verified in part that the security issue in part led to the issue. .im stated in part, I'm not disputing the other aspects of mismanagement an impropriety.

Posted via CB10
    Now you're getting cross-eyed. Security was down the list behind many more important factors. It doesn't even rate mentioning really in the larger scope of things. Your point cannot be made it was not a primary factor in Nortels demise. Lets move on.
    07-10-14 05:55 AM
    Yes funny you are, haha.

Here in Switzerland it happened several times that employees of Swiss banks (you know: the most secure banks in the world) stole customer's data and burned a CDROM from this. These CDROMs have been sold to foreign governments who paid 3...5 million Euros each. You just can't ignore that the danger of "losing" data is very very real. It already happened! This is something which became very simple using memory sticks and other minimal equipment.
    You are 109% correct but these here defending Android see nothing, turning a blind eye helps them get through the day.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-10-14 05:55 AM
    Really? Go to school,reread ,this time try to understand what you read .Ignorance is bliss. Your statement is proof.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly you're still confused. One link talks about a fake Play Store preinstalled in a Chinese Android = DOES NOT affect any Google Android phones e.g. Samsungs, Sonys, HTCs, LGs, Huaweis, ZTEs etc... Get it!? If not I suggest you do some reading.

2nd link: dealt with 3rd party app stores, these require a user to go into Settings and allow them to be installed, when changing the setting you are warned about the risk.

Neither link deal with the apps you get from Play Store, they've been carefully written.

The most hilarious part is how outdated your 2nd link is, 2012!? We are in 2014, quit posting rubbish!
    07-10-14 05:58 AM
    Now you're getting cross-eyed. Security was down the list behind many more important factors. It doesn't even rate mentioning really in the larger scope of things. Your point cannot be made it was not a primary factor in Nortels demise. Lets move on.
    Agreed let's move on. Ignoring the facts, setting up for the next fall. Learning nothing from past mistakes. Yeah moving along.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-10-14 05:58 AM
    Clearly you're still confused. One link talks about a fake Play Store preinstalled in a Chinese Android = DOES NOT affect any Google Android phones e.g. Samsungs, Sonys, HTCs, LGs, Huaweis, ZTEs etc... Get it!? If not I suggest you do some reading.

2nd link: dealt with 3rd party app stores, these require a user to go into Settings and allow them to be installed, when changing the setting you are warned about the risk.

Neither link deal with the apps you get from Play Store, they've been carefully written.

The most hilarious part is how outdated your 2nd link is, 2012!? We are in 2014, quit posting rubbish!
    Clearly you need help. BBM was on a fake Google play store? Spoofed banking apps were on a fake Google Play Store? .you rightly said it, ignorance is bliss, live there well. According to your buddy move on. There are lessons to be learned from the past. Or according to you "face palm " I don't use Android apps on my BlackBerry devices either and I'm on BES. So Goodluck.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/malware-a...ndroid-phones/

http://www.zdnet.com/riskiq-claims-m...ay-7000026512/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20994...lay-store.html

http://www.arxan.com/all-of-androids...-been-hacked-/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-10-14 at 07:06 AM.
    07-10-14 06:02 AM
    Yes funny you are, haha.

Here in Switzerland it happened several times that employees of Swiss banks (you know: the most secure banks in the world) stole customer's data and burned a CDROM from this. These CDROMs have been sold to foreign governments who paid 3...5 million Euros each. You just can't ignore that the danger of "losing" data is very very real. It already happened! This is something which became very simple using memory sticks and other minimal equipment.
    Don't worry, in North America, Privacy isn't a concern anymore,actually if you don't post nude videos of s sexual nature, go to jail, use dope, have your life paraded before cameras you are nobody.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 06:20 AM
    Clearly you need help. BBM was on a fake Google play store? Spoofed banking apps were on a fake Google Play Store? .you rightly said it, ignorance is bliss, live there well. According to your buddy move on. There are lessons to be learned from the past. Or according to you "face palm " I don't use Android apps on my BlackBerry devices either and I'm on BES. So Goodluck.

Posted via CB10
    Neither of the fake BBM apps or banking apps caused any sort of damage and were remotely removed by Google. The fake banking app didn't even touch the user passwords according to Lookout, another security app developer.

You said it, lessons learnt from the past, hence why 99.9% of malware lately isn't found in Google Play Store and has people like you posting links about malware from outside of it.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-10-14 06:24 AM
    The thing that amazes me about these discussions is the "security" that a lot of members tout here without having any idea what they are talking about. They've heard another member say it or John Chen say it and think that because they have a BB logo on the phone they can go around and say "my phone is secure, yours isn't." If your phone isn't on BES, which I know that a lot of members in here it isn't, your phone isn't secure, period. You can go on and on about Androids lack of security, but at the end of the day without BES a BB isn't secure.
    07-10-14 07:00 AM
    The thing that amazes me about these discussions is the "security" that a lot of members tout here without having any idea what they are talking about. They've heard another member say it or John Chen say it and think that because they have a BB logo on the phone they can go around and say "my phone is secure, yours isn't." If your phone isn't on BES, which I know that a lot of members in here it isn't, your phone isn't secure, period. You can go on and on about Androids lack of security, but at the end of the day without BES a BB isn't secure.
    A BlackBerry that is lock is a more secure device, in that it is not nearly as easy to break into as other devices. But you are right, phone conversation, emails, text messages, browser usage... they are all the same on BB10 as they are on any other modern device. For the average consumer (and criminals) BB10 Security means very little without BES.

And if you install Android Apps... you are only slightly protected from the malware that breeds in the Android ecosystem. But we are basically forced to install Android Apps, and we are only going to have to rely more on Android as some developers will give up on the native ecosystem. We have to hope that we 10.3 or 10.3.1 that we get more control over permissions.
    07-10-14 09:55 AM
    You're willing to bet on it, but not side load the app on your actual device? I see. It's cool.

I would like to see the results of an experiment like that.
    [/quote]
    I'm not going to load possible malware on my primary device. Again, I didn't say BlackBerry's sandbox was 100% secure and the end all be all security feature. So I'm not going to do something stupid to please you.
    Last edited by STL100-3; 07-10-14 at 11:03 AM.
    07-10-14 10:51 AM
    I'm not going to load possible malware on my primary device. Again, I didn't say BlackBerry's sandbox was 100% secure and the end all be all security feature. So I'm not going to do something stupid to please you.
    Wouldn't it be interesting to learn the results though? I know you won't do it, I wouldn't do it and sadly it appears that no one else is willing to do it either.

It's so much easier for folks to assume that it is safe and secure for BB10 to run Android apps, but I've yet to see any hard evidence to prove that BB10 prevents bad Android apps from doing bad things.

I personally wouldn't do the test on my own device, but I also don't go around telling people that there's nothing to worry about either.

Bottom line, if you sideload apps from non official sources onto your phone, you're taking a risk. No matter what the platform is.
    lift likes this.
    07-10-14 11:23 AM
    Wouldn't it be interesting to learn the results though? I know you won't do it, I wouldn't do it and sadly it appears that no one else is willing to do it either.

It's so much easier for folks to assume that it is safe and secure for BB10 to run Android apps, but I've yet to see any hard evidence to prove that BB10 prevents bad Android apps from doing bad things.

I personally wouldn't do the test on my own device, but I also don't go around telling people that there's nothing to worry about either.

Bottom line, if you sideload apps from non official sources onto your phone, you're taking a risk. No matter what the platform is.
    Makes sense. To me, at least.

I'm a bit hyper... No Android apps on my BB devices.
    lift likes this.
    07-10-14 11:34 AM
    Because I really really really really want my apps to be able to make phone calls behind my back even if I disable that permission. [/sarc]

The Register: App permissions? Pah! Rogue Android soft can 'place phone calls at will'
    I don't know what's more stupid the issue with the Android security in it's current form or your post trying to knock Android.

Samsung if that's what you are referring to when it comes to Android security hasn't been in the security game as long as BlackBerry. So they are still catching up but there will come a time when Samsung Knox security is at at the same level as BlackBerry.

So your point is moot.
    07-10-14 11:52 AM
    I don't know what's more stupid the issue with the Android security in it's current form or your post trying to knock Android.

Samsung if that's what you are referring to when it comes to Android security hasn't been in the security game as long as BlackBerry. So they are still catching up but there will come a time when Samsung Knox security is at at the same level as BlackBerry.

So your point is moot.
    There will come a time...X,'D

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 01:13 PM
    LOL... I've said it before: it feels like we BB10 users are more concerned with Android security than Android users.

I suspect even BBRY has quit waiting on the "Great Data Breach Apocalypse" that will supposedly make BB10 the predominant OS again.
    ...always between realities aren't you? sad
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-10-14 04:08 PM
    You are 109% correct but these here defending Android see nothing, turning a blind eye helps them get through the day.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate you being so worried about everyone. It's commendable.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    07-10-14 04:10 PM
    Don't worry, in North America, Privacy isn't a concern anymore,actually if you don't post nude videos of s sexual nature, go to jail, use dope, have your life paraded before cameras you are nobody.

Posted via CB10
    That's a personal attack and there is no reason for it. Drop your agenda.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    07-10-14 04:11 PM
    ...always between realities aren't you? sad
    Beats living outside em. LOL.
    07-10-14 04:28 PM

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil

Posted via CB10
    raino and spikesolie like this.
    07-10-14 05:03 PM
    How is that a personal attack? Do you think 'you' was referring to you, specifically? And didn't you call someone out in another thread for being/trying to be a smarta**?
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-10-14 05:09 PM
    Agree. The OSes with larger install bases such as Android and Windows (desktop) will always be targeted no matter how much time/money is spend securing them.
    And yet there is a such a thing as good security by design. Apache vs. IIS is an example where the overwhelming top marketshare product also had a better security track record, at least back in the day.
    07-10-14 05:17 PM
    And yet there is a such a thing as good security by design. Apache vs. IIS is an example where the overwhelming top marketshare product also had a better security track record, at least back in the day.
    Well other than HeartBleed which didn't affect MS servers
    southlander likes this.
    07-10-14 06:05 PM
    How is that a personal attack? Do you think 'you' was referring to you, specifically? And didn't you call someone out in another thread for being/trying to be a smarta**?
    Whatever makes you two happy.

07-10-14 06:15 PM
101 ... 2345